Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

It is if you overstay. Not an issue in a state.

You can apply for residency. Costa Rica as an example. You can buy property, start a business, pay into the system and get great healthcare. Unlikely that I could be a citizen ever, but would have most other rights except voting.

Therein lies our path forward here. Grant amnesty in the form of permanent residency with qualifications. Takes the politics angle of “20 million New Democrats” out of the equation, and gets people fully paying into the system, with the freedom to be successful without constant worry.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It is if you overstay. Not an issue in a state.

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Don’t overstay.  Problem solved.

You still have to register if you are visiting Mexico as a non-citizen, like customs points of entry in the USA.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/02/trump-2018-elections-plans-957035

President Donald Trump and his allies have crafted a face-saving plan if Democrats trounce their way to a House majority — tout Trump as the savior of Republicans in the Senate.

In public and private, Trump and advisers are pointing to the president’s surge of campaigning on behalf of Republican Senate candidates — 19 rallies alone since Labor Day — as evidence that nobody else could have had a bigger impact in the states. The argument is classic Trump, who despite making the midterms a referendum on his own presidency, has a history of personalizing and then dwelling on his victories while distancing himself and diverting attention from his losses.

Should Republicans pick up Senate seats, “that’s all they’ll talk about,” said Barry Bennett, a presidential adviser on Trump’s 2016 campaign. “That’s where the math is in our favor.”

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Why not just go to Hawaii? It's basically another country and you don't have to worry about documentation as a foreigner.

As soon as you step off the airplane, little kids begin begging you to follow them to the nearest car lot in order to get you to lease a Corvette.

No thank you. 

Grifters gonna grift:

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/11/melania-trump-cairo-hotel-bill

Melania Trump’s October trip to Africa may never stop being controversial. According to federal spending records, Trump’s hotel bill during her stop in Cairo cost taxpayers $95,050—even though, as spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham told Quartz, Trump did not even stay overnight at the InterContinental Semiramis hotel and was only in Cairo for six hours.

It’s unclear how the First Lady and her staff racked up the bill at the hotel, where rooms start at $119 and go up to $699 for the presidential suite. But it’s a suitable price tag for a trip that had a distinctly colonialist vibe, from Trump’s pith helmet to the very fact that the First Lady was visiting countries her husband had referred to as “shitholes.” We imagine a Cairo hotel with a presidential suite would find a bit more approval, but Trump likely wasn’t there long enough to find out.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Even if Cohen DOES have a recording 60+% of white people will think, "Yeah, he's right. He's not supposed to say it, but he's right."

I am sure of that too but I was think more along the lines of motivating apathetic minorities.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

No. Why would I? You can be a resident, own property, get healthcare and be required to pay taxes but not vote. Novel concept...

I was curious if it was leaving to get away from the day to day, or leaving to not be associated with the United States anymore.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

This will be his Twitter focus in the am. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Very first comment:

Replying to @cnnbrk

The violent left strikes again.

They're not going to celebrate Baldwins assault of a papparazo a few years ago like Trump did the body slam? They're not going to celebrate Baldwin's toughness in defending his parking space?

I guess they only like certain hotheads.

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

You can apply for residency. Costa Rica as an example. You can buy property, start a business, pay into the system and get great healthcare. Unlikely that I could be a citizen ever, but would have most other rights except voting.

Therein lies our path forward here. Grant amnesty in the form of permanent residency with qualifications. Takes the politics angle of “20 million New Democrats” out of the equation, and gets people fully paying into the system, with the freedom to be successful without constant worry.

Once people are paying taxes, they should have a say on how they're spent.  

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

All current foreign residents, including my college buddy from England, live under this same deal.  How is this different?

My thought is yes, but if they came in illegally then that’s the price they pay. Gotta have some sort of middle ground. We can’t deport everyone, and we can’t grant full citizenship to everyone.

Moot point we can’t even honor past promises with DACA or pass meaningful legislation anymore.