Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

But cozying up to the Democrats?  Too far for the typical Trumpkin.

I admit it’s not likely but Trump DGAF about his base when he’s facing real consequences. 

He will capitulate if he has to and he will spin it as a win for himself and America. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I admit it’s not likely but Trump DGAF about his base when he’s facing real consequences. 

He will capitulate if he has to and he will spin it as a win for himself and America. 

Trumpkins wouldn't show up at his rallies if he cozies up to the Dems.

He won't give up those rallies.  They make him feel too good.  Snowflake needs his safe space.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I could see Trump trying to negotiate with the House Dems (assuming they take over, and there are investigations up his ass and impeachment and whatnot).  If they curtail or drop things, he would agree to whatever the hell they want in exchange.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

I could see Trump trying to negotiate with the House Dems (assuming they take over, and there's investigations up his ass and impeachment and whatnot).  If they curtail or drop things, he would agree to whatever the hell they want in exchange.

I can't imagine the Dems playing ball (although who knows--they've certainly been weak in the past).  But they'd have to explain to their voters including the majority of women and minorities in this country why they're aligning with the shithead who ignored court orders for the lofty goal of locking up children, enacted kiddy concentration camps, said there were good Nazis, and spewed racist and sexist crap.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I can't imagine the Dems playing ball (although who knows--they've certainly been weak in the past).  But they'd have to explain to their voters including the majority of women and minorities in this country why they're aligning with the shithead who ignored court orders for the lofty goal of locking up children, enacted kiddy concentration camps, said there were good Nazis, and spewed racist and sexist crap.

If the Dems could get MFA, comprehensive Immigration reform, save the DACA kids, reform ICE, etc..  It wouldn’t be the hardest sell.  

If Trump is removed, there’s no way they get as much cooperation with Pence.  

Of course they will probably just let it ride and swing for the fences in 2020.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

If y'all haven't done so already, I would recommend you listen to today's podcast on The Daily.  It's a 30 minute interview of Bob Woodward discussing his use of unnamed sources for deep background, comparisons to his use during Watergate, and ultimately his impressions of Trump.  The last minute or so is chilling.

"I said to him, 'we are at a pivot point in history.'  And his response was, 'right.'"

--interviewer--"But why?"

"Because Donald Trump is President."

"But being President is about the exercise of power.  And when he told Bob Costa and myself, "you know, real power, the real stuff,  is fear.'  And I've said this, it's almost a Shakesperian aside, it's almost like Hamlet turning to the audience and saying, 'this is what it's all about.'"

--interviewer--"What did you understanding him to be saying?"

"That you have to scare the daylights out of people to be powerful."

Link to The Daily

The Times has posted a transcript of the podcast for those who would rather read than listen.

Here's the link.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

xgw30tyubnl11.jpg

What has two planes for thumbs and wants to fuck his country and his daughter?   This Fucking Guy!

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Working with Dems would be a sign of weakness and/or completely turn off his base.

Most are cool with him not being a Christian or shitting on John McCain, and Vietnam vets in general, or cozying up to Russia.

But cozying up to the Democrats?  Too far for the typical Trumpkin.

The Trumpkins will do whatever he tells them.  He has evangelicals supporting even now.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

A part of me would love to see him switch gears suddenly if the Dems have him in a bind, just to see Trumpkins trying to justify it. 

They would call the democrat nay sayers hypocrites for not supporting dear leader’s righteous progressive agenda.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think we've reached the bottom of his support.  I don't think it will ever go lower.  These people are dug in like an Alabama tick.  What was Nixon's final %?  Like 24%?

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Trumpkins will do whatever he tells them.  He has evangelicals supporting even now.

I think I know the solution to this problem.....

jlygufw8_7uwzof_rgmbdo.png

He’s going after Comey again on Twitter.

Clearly concerned about obstruction of justice issues.

According to the Woodward book, Trump was unaware he didn’t have attorney-client privilege with White House Attorney Ty Cobb.  

Trump discovered this in March when his private attorney, John Dowd, informed him Cobb could testify against him because he’s a government employee and couldn’t exert privilege.

Trump’s response to that news, “Jesus”.

15 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I really hope Dershowitz goes down for something when it is all said and done. 

I'm not into this pederast q-anon shit, but I'm pretty sure he was named in a few lawsuits about rich guys and islands and underage sex slave sloots. He seems to have beaten that wrap.

But at the very least he has been ostracized from all of his Hampton friends for his Fox Trump support.

Edited by JohnnyRage

Downloaded the audiobook of Woodward’s new book to listen to while driving to work and while I’m driving around to visit with physicians.

I’m only a few chapters in but I may need to not listen to it first thing in the morning. It’s making me angry and that doesn’t put me in a great frame of mind to start the day.

PS - Steve Bannon is pure evil and I hope he rots in hell. I loved how thoroughly Rick Wilson excoriated him in his book.