Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

To be fair, he and his family have a long standing relationship with Will Stein, their new OC.

But yes, A&M fucked that up badly.

as a quick reminder - this is Will Stein's coaching history:

image.png.d5cd5447df85c1be99586924c8a18216.png

Stein should have been top of the list for who A&M was looking for: Young guy, has recruited Texas, has flexibility around what position he coaches (QB or WR) and isn't an Air Raid or adjacent coach. Add in that he has a relationship with Novosad (which is a huge plus) and could have helped with their shitbox of a recruiting class on offense...

...instead he went to Oregon and as far as we can tell never even interviewed at A&M.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

Stupid sip, they got Marcel Reed - their #1 target all along and probably the most upside of anyone in the class. Just need to run him through the jump-throw drills a few times and look out

If i ever see King around town that's the only thing i'm gonna ask about is that damn drill.Ā 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:
Ā  Hide contents
Liucci
Staff
AG
...and all is fairly quiet, which is a good thing for the Ags.

Jimbo FIsher and Co. are in the midst of yet another strong close, flipping four prospects previously committed elsewhere over the past couple of weeks, highlighted by El Campo RB Rueben Owens. But we've known for a while that momentum in '23 hasn't come close to matching what the Ags had cooking on the recruiting front last year, That said, the Ags are likely to wind up with a top-15 class following a 5-7 season and, with a couple of late adds, could push for top-10 honors and will do so with a couple of monster signees headlining the list. From there, you'll see Fisher and his staff aggressively attack the portal from now until mid-January, which will probably feel like a second Signing Period in and of itself.

So as we sit here around 10 pm on Tuesday night and the A&M coaches tirelessly work the phones, let's take a quick look at what's still out there for tomorrow in terms of remaining targets not currently committed to the Ags.

As of tonight, I"d say there are two prospects who are legitimately worth watching, Louisiana OT Caden Jones and Alabama five-star corner Tony Mitchell.

Jones told us this week he was planning to wait and announce later in the process and sign in February, but it's one worth watching because the Ags knocked his weekend visit out of the park. Now, Caden could ultimately turn out to be a guy who signs early, keeps it quiet until his announcement, he could wait things out as originally planned or could end up signing somewhere and letting it be known tomorrow. Regardless of how, sources in College Station and Gainesville are aligned in terms of believing this one has a lot of Maroon & White momentum to it.

Tony Mitchell was a one-time A&M lean and is a longtime Alabama commitment. However, recent buzz has had Hugh Freeze thrusting himself into the mix and Auburn suddenly becoming the most-likely destination for the lockdown cover man. However, as of this evening, the Ags were still very hard at work and chipping away at a young man who has always had quite the affinity for A&M and who Jimbo and D.J. Durkin have prioritized from wire to wire. I wasn't feeling great about the Ags' chances following his weekend OV (it went well but the behind-the-scenes buzz was saying Bama and then, over the past couple of days, War Eagle) but this one has the feel of a wild ride to tomorrow's finish line. Stay tuned, as momentum here will likely flip several times between now and when Mitchell signs.

And by the way, can we retire 'FlipSZN' and 'HIM' already? Two of the most overplayed, 'look at how cool I am on social media' phrases in the recruiting industry in years and I'd love to them go away for good in 2023.

Edit to add I still feel great about A&M's chances with both Oklahoma WR Micah Tease and UNC transfer corner Tony Grimes.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Looch ladling out the maroon koolaid extra heavy for his sycophants.Ā  I am greatly amused.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Man here we thought them agz were loading up on bread but they pull a fast one and loaded up on candy.Ā  Just can't trust em when they are playing 5d chess like this...

Bread carbs proved to be too complex for them. Had to switch to the simple carbs of candy.Ā 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Does that joke work better without the second sentence explaining it?
  • Haha 2

Palo Alto is a pretty shitty college town too. They do have the Rodin sculpture garden which is pretty nice -- I'm sure the football players love to visit it when they're not studying or practicing.
Sunken Diamond is a great place to take in baseball. Agree the sculpture garden is bad ass. After that...sucks for students.