Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well, hopefully Bo's instincts were right and he's a huge pussy.

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

CTJ/Carton have intimated that Bo felt like Hicks was a huge pussy and his dad kept saying "texas wasn't a scheme fit." to cover up the fact that we just weren't interested.

It’s not the anyone thinks he’s a pussy. It’s that there wasn’t a big difference between Hicks and other guys that Texas liked, other than the star ranking and his financial expectations. They felt like they were playing from way behind and didn’t have the interest in doing what it would take to move themselves into a position to win (by the time the season was in the back half). 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

It’s not the anyone thinks he’s a pussy. It’s that there wasn’t a big difference between Hicks and other guys that Texas liked, other than the star ranking and his financial expectations. They felt like they were playing from way behind and didn’t have the interest in doing what it would take to move themselves into a position to win (by the time the season was in the back half). 

Thank you for the clarification. I'm more than comfortable with Sydir over Hicks, which we had gotten in on the Michigan bound kid but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Thank you for the clarification. I'm more than comfortable with Sydir over Hicks, which we had gotten in on the Michigan bound kid but it is what it is.

Yeah, to me, not landing the Pierce guy and looking at Benton late in the cycle tells me that they see a need that they’d prefer to fill. I’ve heard there’s no real interest in finding a DL in the portal, but maybe that changes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well, hopefully Bo's instincts were right and he's a huge pussy.

From talking to the coaches at paetow he’s overrated and uncoachable. His dad was his position coach and that did not help improve motor or drive. 

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/22/2022 at 5:17 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm somewhat convinced Jimbo is a star hunter. 

I make fun of all these aggys saying "Grimes is a former 5 star" but I believe he thinks the same way. 

In his last 2 years at FSU, it was rumored that he based all his evals off recruiting rankings.

19 hours ago, Getafix said:

I mentioned it briefly on ESD, but Gerry must have said a dozen times how highly Georgia thought of Sydir Mitchell, and that he was the #1 DL on their board.  That was good to hear.  

Also was very high on Derek Williams.

Makes my day…..alright, alright…..alright!   Merry Christmas Georgia!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

oh come on sharp.... you dim, dull, dotard.

when you had your cigar boy zwerneman leak the sips/0u to sec story, we understood why, because your hissy fit was 100% in character.

having brett drop the this, the OC for a 10-2 team that just happens to be playing the sips in 6 days, is also transparent, but given the situation with boomhauer, outrageously insane.

a lateral OC move to the largest gravity well of suck in the football universe.

right.  total legit.

ryan grubb right now after the morning's film session.....

"wut"?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
That'd be a hire that makes zero sense seeing as how Washington is an air it out team that I believe is #1 in the nation in passing yards.

Just throwing names out now it seems

out of left field

zwerneman

no, the invisible hand of talkiebird is not evident

not at all

So, do we think that Jimbo Clownshoes, who thinks he is the greatest offensive mind in football (remember, every week it is not his system, it is him throwing his players under the bus for lack of execution), and has a guaranteed contract, and (IMO) would prefer to get fired and go back to Country Roads to coach since he looks miserable at every press conference, is really going to hire an OC? aggy has 0% leverage and Clownshoes has 100% leverage. Not sure why he would hire one.

31 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I really dont understand why these guys dont want the job. 

They coach their position. And act like they are calling plays during games, while jimbo actually calls them. And jimbo gets credit for any success. And you take the fall for the bad. 

Seems like a hell of a deal, fight?

At $3mm/yr I'll do it

16 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

At $3mm/yr I'll do it

I'll do it for free.   I plan to tell a few aggy players who had the game of their lives that I was mad at them and filled their water bottles with toilet water.  By the end of the season, drinking from the toilet will be a new tradition.

Edited by Nivek
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's going to be BoB... Lucci will claim all along he was the guy but they had to wait until after the bowl games.

Saban will shrug and take one of the front runners aggy threw out there.

Saban understands Jimbo and aggy well enough to know how to play this.

If he's smart, he's already sent a message to Jimbo to tell him very, very specifically not to come steal BoB from them.

This will all but assure Jimbo and aggy prioritize stealing BoB, allowing bama to unload him easily, while Saban secures one of the guys from the list who turned Jimbo down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Saban understands Jimbo and aggy well enough to know how to play this.

If he's smart, he's already sent a message to Jimbo to tell him very, very specifically not to come steal BoB from them.

This will all but assure Jimbo and aggy prioritize stealing BoB, allowing bama to unload him easily, while Saban secures one of the guys from the list who turned Jimbo down.

And at a record setting rate. Pro experience?  Saban coaching tree?? 5.5m/yr, 6 year contract sounds about right? 

• Hook 'Em 1