Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

16 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"flashy theatrical stuff"

Yes, a grown man referring to himself in the third person as a nickname that he gave himself, while also always being draped in clothing with that same name on it, is flashy and theatrical and will continue to draw ridicule from people like me.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

@immamac  It's official.  My 500.00 vs @closetojumping 1K.  Two stipulations. 1. Deion has to be the coach. 2. They have to be invited to a bowl after this regular season, 2023 is completed.

How does this compare to ours?

It's a good list, but the bigger prizes, should their rankings hold, are in the 2025 class. I think a top 15 class for 2024 is a reasonable expectation, but they are getting a very late start on it. If they break the top 10, I'll be impressed. If Sanders stays at CU for the 2025 season, and they show significant signs of improvement, the 2025 class might be up there with anyone's. Long way from here though. 

In any event, none of this matters for our bet on the 2023 season. You've fallen for the Neon Deion Hype Machine, and I'm here to benefit from it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In any event, none of this matters for our bet on the 2023 season. You've fallen for the Neon Deion Hype Machine, and I'm here to benefit from it. 

You’re talking like you didn’t fall for the Mike Gundy & NC State hype machines before the 2022 season. Deion at least has the success & swagger to warrant belief in him.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It’s almost like predicting the future is hard for humans. Remember that time where you told us that Ohio State guys would combine for 6,000 yards and finish 1-3 in the Heisman for 2022? Oh noes!?! Predicting the future is hard! You are mauled daily on this site for a reason. Mostly that reason is abject stupidity coupled with obliviousness. 

Your “abject stupidity & obliviousness” is my site full of short-sighted simpletons not on my wavelength. To each their own.

I like Deion, he’s winning on social media like no coach ever before, he’s won on the field so far, and I think he’s setting himself up for more success in the future. I’m no gambler but I’ll be pulling hard for CTH to win the bet.

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s almost like predicting the future is hard for humans. Remember that time where you told us that Ohio State guys would combine for 6,000 yards and finish 1-3 in the Heisman for 2022? Oh noes!?! Predicting the future is hard! You are mauled daily on this site for a reason. Mostly that reason is abject stupidity coupled with obliviousness. 

If you don’t follow his simple jack routine on the baseball board you are missing out on the greatest ongoing show of dipshittery on this board. His ability to always be wrong is breathtaking. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you don’t follow his simple jack routine on the baseball board you are missing out on the greatest ongoing show of dipshittery on this board. His ability to always be wrong is breathtaking. 

He also thinks it’s ok to bring 17 items to the 10 items or less express lane because “it’s not like it’s over 20”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Mike Zimmer joining Colorado staff under Deion Sanders

Zimmer, 66, spent the 2022 college season as an analyst for Sanders at Jackson State.

JOE NELSON         JAN 27, 2023 

After spending the 2022 season as an analyst at Jackson State University for head coach Deion Sanders, former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer is following Sanders ton Colorado University. 

Sanders confirmed Zimmer will be on his staff during an appearance with Thee Pregame Show that was published on YouTube earlier this week. It's unclear what role Zimmer will fill. 

“Coach Zimmer’s coming, too, by the way," Sanders said, noting that Willie Taggert is also joining his staff. "So another two head coaches. One in the NFL as well as collegiate. But not only that. Forget the titles — they know this game and they know kids and they’ve been capable of making tremendous decisions with the kids and the young men in mind. So that’s what I adore the most — understanding how to establish the relationships with these young men.”

Zimmer coached the Vikings from 2014-21 before he was fired in January 2022. His relationship with Sanders dates back to 1995 when Sanders played cornerback for the Cowboys and Zimmer was the defensive coordinator. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pulling for him to prove with his actions that the criminal shit from Texas was out of sheer ignorance and stupidity and not out of malice. I hope he does it and things go well for the players in the program. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:31 PM, Pam Cummings said:

Ah yes. Mike Zimmer, who hated Kirk Cousins personality and got burned out coaching grown men, is going to love being on staff here. He obviously loves kids and younger personalities. Just loves em. Tons of patience.

Who doesn't hate Kirk Cousins' personality?

Although Zimmer is a weird fit there with those guys. I wonder what he did all last year at Jackson St? 

I'm pulling for him to prove with his actions that the criminal shit from Texas was out of sheer ignorance and stupidity and not out of malice. I hope he does it and things go well for the players in the program. 
Who doesn't hate Kirk Cousins' personality?
Although Zimmer is a weird fit there with those guys. I wonder what he did all last year at Jackson St? 

Count money?

16 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Not necessarily. A lot of guys that are trying to get out and support their family are going to work harder than someone that comes from a more well off background.

Trying to summarize a players potential skill based on their upbringing/background is ridiculous. By this philosophy, Prime would pass on Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and Vince Young at QB, and would pass on Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Donald, and JJ Watt/TJ Watt at DL.

Trust me… Its stupid. A player‘s upbringing is important but plenty of single parents have raised great kids and plenty of dual parent homes have raised lazy pieces of shit - and the other way around. There is literally no connection there.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2