The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

3 minutes ago, Mole said:

My parents are in their mid 70s. They’re kind, thoughtful, and well-educated. They went full Trump. I think the COVID issue has turned them a bit, but they’ve made a pretty dramatic transformation from the people they were 10 years ago (a common sentiment here). The last time we visited, Tucker was appointment TV for them. Any event for the day had to be evaluated through the Tucker worldview. It’s such a powerful and destructive tool.

You just described my in-laws to a T. They live down the street from us so I see them often. Whenever we walk in the house, they have Tucker on. I always make some comment like "oh look it's the antichrist on TV again" and my wife punches me in the ribs. 

The thing is.. These are good people. Conservative folks but not evil people. They have a gay son who they love and accept. But they watch Fox News all day long and it just infects their brains. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Let me try to help you out a bit while you're busy confirming that you're not very good with math.
You said the probability that any of the people infected as part of the White House outbreak would die is less than half a percent. That doesn't mean that each one has a half percent chance of dying. If 8 are infected and their death probabilities are all equal (to keep things simple for the example) then in order for there to be a 0.5% chance that any of them die their individual probabilities would have to be roughly 0.06% each. 
And how do you figure half are under 50?
D. Trump is 74. M. Trump is 50. Conway is 53. Christie is 58. Tillis is 60. Jenkins is 66.
Why do you just make up easily disproven bullshit all the time? 

The number is closer to 4% someone dies from the White House breakout than 0%

Can we move the fuck on, huck?
  • Fuck You 4

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

You just described my in-laws to a T. They live down the street from us so I see them often. Whenever we walk in the house, they have Tucker on. I always make some comment like "oh look it's the antichrist on TV again" and my wife punches me in the ribs. 

The thing is.. These are good people. Conservative folks but not evil people. They have a gay son who they love and accept. But they watch Fox News all day long and it just infects their brains. 

I need to visit soon.

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

We are trying to slowly rehab them back to moderate conservatism. If you show up, they'll call an exorcist and paint a mural of Pence on the wall. 

I'm down. Plus I'll bring Luna, who I've been told looks like the hand maiden of satan.

20200509_123841.jpg

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm surprised that people say his symptoms are mild as though that really means much. My understanding from reading a few months ago is that many who end up in intensive care or die on the floor of their houses reported flu like symptoms with no distress. Then, with great suddenes, the infected person's blood oxgen crashes as breathing rapidly becomes difficult.

I got the feeling that once that happened, you would be in real trouble even if you didn't die in the end. 

If he's showing symptoms, he could crash. Anybody know differently?

• Hook 'Em 1

From several months back, “mild” symptoms seemed to be defined as anything not requiring hospitalization, which could still be very, very sick. It seemed like it was no symptoms-> mild -> admitted -> vent -> dead

Trump’s a special case for many reasons, but even if he’s just having “mild” symptoms, he could be very sick.

Edited by Mole

I mean.. let's not be gullible here. He's gonna live. He's got top docs and every secret formula that has been working in the last 6 months coarsing through his veins. He'll be fine. 

But his whole image. Everything he's built up in the last 7 months. It's DONEZO. He's fucking done. His staff are fucking pariahs. The people around him are gonna be scrambling in the next couple weeks trying to decide if they wanna pledge allegiance to him or abandon him. It will be amazing to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does trump have a double, like saddam did, that he could use to walk to the helo while they sneak the real guy to WR via underground tunnel to ambulance to night?

He's so fat, that he's already his own double. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Carlson should be hung for treason.  Or eat a bullet or 12 from a firing squad.  Treason.  Don’t even give him a proper burial.  

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I would just throw a jars of honey at his balls while he is tied up next to a fire ant mound. 

Icono would lick him clean before the ants ever got a shot at it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The number is closer to 4% someone dies from the White House breakout than 0%

Can we move the fuck on, huck?

Yes, now that Huck has de-pantsed you, kicked you in the crotch repeatedly, and left your ass showing, we can now move on.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm surprised that people say his symptoms are mild as though that really means much. My understanding from reading a few months ago is that many who end up in intensive care or die on the floor of their houses reported flu like symptoms with no distress. Then, with great suddenes, the infected person's blood oxgen crashes as breathing rapidly becomes difficult.

I got the feeling that once that happened, you would be in real trouble even if you didn't die in the end. 

If he's showing symptoms, he could crash. Anybody know differently?

The best part was when they brought that imbecile Ludlow out to tell tv networks that he had a VERY moderate case. I'm honestly surprised that this administration,  which is so obsessed with superlatives, didn't tell us that he had the most mild case of COVID in presidential history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The best part was when they brought that imbecile Ludlow out to tell tv networks that he had a VERY moderate case. I'm honestly surprised that this administration,  which is so obsessed with superlatives, didn't tell us that he had the most mild case of COVID in presidential history. 

Certainly he has a milder case than Abraham Lincoln. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Dude. You live down the street from your in-laws? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Data would say that those in 70-79 age range have ~9% mortality rate. 

80-89 is ~20%. We will see what happens here but at his age/weight etc he (or his staff) made the right move getting him to Walter Reed. 

I’d love to see the list of 100 donors he met with Friday. This is going to be a wild ride. 

Trumpkins love to point at “less than1% will die”.  More interesting then the death rate is the percentage of people experiencing chronic long term effects.  That range is somewhere in the 10-20% with some studies showing much higher rates.  Several of these people are in for long term misery.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If that was a normal person sure.  If he's a fat ass 70something AND the President...the minute he gets a fever you're moving him to the hospital for safety.  As I said, once someone starts to go downhill it can be very fast.  Now there's people his age and size who actually have zero issues but that's the point - it's a crapshoot.  There's no way somebody walks like that if their oxygen level is 'plummeting'.  

Yeah you’ve been nails on this thread. How about you take a lap?

26 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Data would say that those in 70-79 age range have ~9% mortality rate. 

80-89 is ~20%. We will see what happens here but at his age/weight etc he (or his staff) made the right move getting him to Walter Reed. 

I’d love to see the list of 100 donors he met with Friday. This is going to be a wild ride. 

He’s going to live unless they have to intubate him and they won’t do that unless his O2 sats get so low he loses consciousness. He may get sick as shit though. Could have an MI or stroke or wind up on dialysis. 

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s going to live unless they have to intubate him and they won’t do that unless his O2 sats get so low he loses consciousness. He may get sick as shit though. Could have an MI or stroke or wind up on dialysis. 

I don’t doubt he’ll live but it’s going to be a wild couple of weeks. 
Math would say a couple of those donors and others that get it will die though. 
going to be nuts. 

I mean.. let's not be gullible here. He's gonna live. He's got top docs and every secret formula that has been working in the last 6 months coarsing through his veins. He'll be fine.

IDK. Saw someone sum it up pretty succinctly the other day: Trump ticks all the extremely high risk check boxes. Obese, old, and poor.

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Went to bed last night reading that if one more republican senator was infected, it would mean the delay of the supreme court appointment. Anybody know if that's true? And if so, was this the tipping point?

But his whole image. Everything he's built up in the last 7 months. It's DONEZO. He's fucking done. His staff are fucking pariahs. The people around him are gonna be scrambling in the next couple weeks trying to decide if they wanna pledge allegiance to him or abandon him. It will be amazing to watch. 

AH, WELL, NEVERTHELESS 

2 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Went to bed last night reading that if one more republican senator was infected, it would mean the delay of the supreme court appointment. Anybody know if that's true? And if so, was this the tipping point?

Probably not because we have entered the part where they work while positive and lie about it. No one can do anything about it anyway. 

7 minutes ago, BigXII said:

Ain’t no way Moscow Mitch is not gonna get this vote in. Only multiple R senator deaths could possibly stop it and even then...

5 minutes ago, BigXII said:

You have to have 51 present in senate (pence doesn’t count) to vote. There are 53 republican senators. If 3 are positive and can’t be present, then all the dems noshow and there is no vote. If 2 are positive and Collins and murkowski  are true to their word (Yeah I know) she gets a vote and gets voted down

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread