More layoffs at ESPN

Parliament

it's hilarious to me that people all over twitter are acting like espn getting rid of pollack is some horrible decision.  i've always thought the guy was a bland as bland can possibly be.  he's not as bad as desmond, but i don't get the outrage at all.
it was also super lame how he'd never partake in any of the local food brought to the gameday set.  i won't miss him at all.

Holy shit this is such a pet peeve of mine on the show. Reece Davis, Mcafee and maybe dez are the only ones to dig in the delicious plate of food. Pollard, Herbie look at it like “what is this filth” look on their faces.

I’m sure it’s worth it for the guys to put all of the effort into it by being on national tv for 15 seconds. Or maybe they dig into it after the show ends. Who knows

14 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Pre-jizz emotional investment boners over who got fired is why America's done.

You're dead.

There's the mirror.

Wave buh bye.

Fuck you.

Just get ready for the next turning bub

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, 4 decades ago was 1983.  So, it's all been downhill since the darts and bull racing coverage?

You forgot to mention Aussie Rules Football and that Frozen Pond Motorbike Racing where the tires had hundreds 4” inch spikes jutting out to grip the ice. 

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Maybe this will help. Kiana still going strong at 58.

Kiana-Tom-hot.jpg

The only faces at “Photoshopped” as this image of Kiana that I’ve ever seen were on “The Women of Enron” PLAYBOY issue that came out in 2000/2001 and had women’s faces so “airbrushed” that they looked to have been done my first semester high school Low Rider Shop Class students and then corrected by students in an Introduction To Drawing  freshman art class. 

I love Kiana and would do whatever she asked me to, but this image does little towards informing me of what she looks like these days. 

❤️🥸

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You forgot to mention Aussie Rules Football and that Frozen Pond Motorbike Racing where the tires had hundreds 4” inch spikes jutting out to grip the ice. 

The only faces at “Photoshopped” as this image of Kiana that I’ve ever seen were on “The Women of Enron” PLAYBOY issue that came out in 2000/2001 and had women’s faces so “airbrushed” that they looked to have been done my first semester high school Low Rider Shop Class students and then corrected by students in an Introduction To Drawing  freshman art class. 

I love Kiana and would do whatever she asked me to, but this image does little towards informing me of what she looks like these days. 

❤️🥸

I saw a Russian guy die on Wide World of Sports in the late 60's competing in the motorcycle ice racing. 

Edited by cafe society
fucking grammar
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

❤️🥸

I have fond memories of the fastpitch softball nationals featuring Owen "The Fog" Walford.  But it was either that or game shows on the networks.  Easy call.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:16 AM, TexArcher said:

I mean, 4 decades ago was 1983.  So, it's all been downhill since the darts and bull racing coverage?

I mean Gameday for about 5 years and Sportscenter early on but nothing really else ever. Always sucked. Cold Pizza?  Coors Light Cold Hard Facts? The judge shit?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d be more optimistic about GameDay if Jess Sims dressed more like Laura Rutledge. They’re not paying her to dress like Billie Eilish. 

Dropping Pollack is a plus. Corso is a question mark. If he can come back at 80% of his former self, I’d give it a shot. 

I have no problems with McAffe. At least he’s genuinely excited to be there. 

The Bear is the worst gambler in America. I hope he got laid off in the purge. 

I don’t know to fix it. Van Pelt is probably the only personality left who could save it, but I doubt he wants to travel that much. 

SEC Nation isn’t much better. Finebaum’s only talent is getting yelled at by crazy callers.  And I think they moved Laura Rutledge up to the big leagues.

I guess I’ll continue to watch because hate Urban, Reggie, Leinart, and Ohio State on the FOX Big Noon show. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhorn96 said:

spacer.png

Christ, what a thought

My thoughts exactly as I was reading his statement. What info does he have on whatever executive that keeps him with us?!? It has to be devastating to continue on like this. 😵‍💫

On 7/4/2023 at 11:15 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d be more optimistic about GameDay if Jess Sims dressed more like Laura Rutledge. They’re not paying her to dress like Billie Eilish. 

Dropping Pollack is a plus. Corso is a question mark. If he can come back at 80% of his former self, I’d give it a shot. 

I don’t know to fix it. Van Pelt is probably the only personality left who could save it, but I doubt he wants to travel that much. 

SEC Nation isn’t much better. Finebaum’s only talent is getting yelled at by crazy callers.  And I think they moved Laura Rutledge up to the big leagues.

I guess I’ll continue to watch because hate Urban, Reggie, Leinart, and Ohio State on the FOX Big Noon show. 

You wished it into existence my man. The Bear will be on Fox next year. His contract was up and he switched networks. 

3 minutes ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

You wished it into existence my man. The Bear will be on Fox next year. His contract was up and he switched networks. 

Excellent. On his best weeks he’d go .500 against the spread. ESPN stopped putting his season win-loss record up because it was abysmal. I doubt any half assed gamblers bet with him, but he took himself very seriously as a false expert. Good riddance. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 11:15 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

The bear is some kind of crazy dumb weird spoof I can't believe he's a real man who is paid to pick games against gambling lines he's such a dunce.

Finabaumbs "crazy" hick call ins are fake as fuck that whole show is fucking dumb as shit too. He's such an SEC homer it's unreal and as soon as Texas was joining we are now legit and relevant? Fuck off

• Drool 1

ESPN radio is basically unlistenable at this point.  It is NBA every fucking time I tune in and it can be 4-5 times per day depending upon my location, and I immediately change to another station.

MLB doesn't exist. NCAABB doesn't exist. Hell, soccer doesn't even exist.  It's just just 24/7 of Damian Lillard( not his fault) and Miami Heat culture.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

ESPN radio is basically unlistenable at this point.  It is NBA every fucking time I tune in and it can be 4-5 times per day depending upon my location, and I immediately change to another station.

MLB doesn't exist. NCAABB doesn't exist. Hell, soccer doesn't even exist.  It's just just 24/7 of Damian Lillard( not his fault) and Miami Heat culture.

And that's a bad thing, because . . . ?

Also, and I know this has been voiced several times upthread, but ESPN's Night of the Long Knives has somehow spared that racist cocksucker, Steven A. Smith. Go figure. 

• Like 1