More layoffs at ESPN

Parliament

So everybody is fired at Espin? 75% of em I'm really glad they are gone, annoying as fuck. 

Keeping Mark Jackson and firing JVG is hilarious. 

Maybe we need a list of who they are keeping...

Max Kellerman getting the axe is pretty funny, he was a total cuckhold idiot against SAS and then they somehow gave him his own shitty show. I guess that was his last stab at it. 

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Sign a contract with Pat McAfee for $17M per, lay off some of the names above that we’re making a quarter or less of that, decisions make no sense.

I listen to ESPN radio if I’m in the vehicle most of the time. The constant rotation of shows has gotten to be annoying compared to what it was with the consistent lineup they had for years.

You talking SXM?  If so the lineups and shows will show consistency on July 24th.  I like Jacob Hester and Bobby Carpenter in the afternoon, those guys are a riot.

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Whoever keeps saying announcers don't matter, shut the fuck up.  Bad announcers ruin games.

There's a reason people synced Craig Way instead of the tv broadcast.  

OK, but if you sync Craig Way, you still have the TV tuned to ESPN and that's all that matters to The Mouse. 

Bottom line, I have never turned on or off a game because who was announcing. I'll complain about the announcers, but I still care more about the action on the field, court, pitch, etc.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I never understood why they pay so much money for game announcers. Nobody cares about the announcers. Just rotate a bunch of low level jags who will do it for nothing. No one is going to stop watching their team play because the announcer sucks. 

I'll remember this when she draw a Texas game

Screen_Shot_2021_05_10_at_4.19.47_PM.5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScottS said:

Today I learned that [Door Flies Open] is a thing.

Lol yeah me too, I made that comment because it's one of the most famous of their memes with Sex Cannon and all the phillip rivers stuff, and when I googled it found out they started a new blog. It and deadspin were the places to be 10-15 years ago for nfl/sports content. PFT commentator taking his schtick to barstool is the only reason I still semi follow barstool today. 

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

If Chris Berman worked for $1 a year I’d fire his ass first. His schtick got old about 1991. He is a beating, just a big cliche bag of booze farts.

1 hour ago, demos said:

How the fuck has Desmond Howard survived this purge so far?

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

You mean Skip Bayless 

55 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

ESPN still employs Lowel Galindo…….       

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/10/2023 at 4:38 AM, Underdog said:

6A36B2F0-98DC-46D9-826A-0B46995D7F8F.jpeg.5d99dcec739b9edcfe1a5a026b1e88c4.jpeg

Hired.  Period. 

On 6/11/2023 at 6:41 AM, TexasTroll said:

When  errbody around you is getting fired, one should keep the cuntiness to one’s self…

Not hot enough to act like that 

On 6/11/2023 at 10:19 AM, Royale with cheese said:

Maybe she's like Ron White when they read him his rights: "At that point I had the right to reman silent . .  but I didn't have the ability."

" I didn't know how many guys it would take to throw me out but I knew how many they were going to use"

On 6/12/2023 at 8:08 AM, 52-80 said:

hell of a resume photo.  no wonder she got the job

You're hired. For what I'm not sure, but you're hired 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Are there people who think Craig isn’t a good game day announcer?  His radio show is shit but I think he’s pretty damn good at calling games.  

*raises hand*

He’s decent until he gets excited, then it’s like nails on chalkboard to me. I’ll take controlled exuberance like Ron Franklin gave us. Maybe that’s why I liked Wally Pryor so much. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Whoever keeps saying announcers don't matter, shut the fuck up.  Bad announcers ruin games.

There's a reason people synced Craig Way instead of the tv broadcast.  

if announcers didn't matter there would be 200 less posts in every game thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Announcers may not make you tune in to a game or not, but the good ones can definitely make the experience better. Madden and Summerall calling an NFL game, Keith Jackson or Ron Franklin calling college games just made them feel more important. Obviously, those were the A teams and you can’t do that for all the games that get put on the air these days, but to say the experience isn’t affected by the announcer is wrong. Just try to imagine Lowell Galindo calling the Rose Bowl against USC. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 3

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Pollock was dumber than Trev Alberts.

That’s debatable.   The fact they kept someone who is even dumber than Alberts and Pollack in Desmond Howard is all you need to know why ESPN is in the situation they are in today.  Howard and his stupid pick for aggy last year for the college playoff should’ve been enough cause to shelve him.   Lol.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Announcers may not make you tune in to a game or not, but the good ones can definitely make the experience better. Madden and Summerall calling an NFL game, Keith Jackson or Ron Franklin calling college games just made them feel more important. Obviously, those were the A teams and you can’t do that for all the games that get put on the air these days, but to say the experience isn’t affected by the announcer is wrong. Just try to imagine Lowell Galindo calling the Rose Bowl against USC. 

This is spot on.   I can’t watch five minutes of a game Beth Mowins calls.   And we all know why she will keep on calling games.  Another exhibit in ESPN’s downfall.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Great moments in sports history are made better by who is on the call. Our favorite moment "4th and 5, the national championship on the line" could have potentially felt lame if the announcer was shitty. But he was a broadcasting legend and his call is part of what makes that play special.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Funny on the Max Kellerman and Key getting let go but JWill stays( I actually agree with that assessment of the 3...)

IDK if it's the early mornings/ overnights from years ago, but when I hear Freddy Coleman's voice on sports radio, it's just a good thing.  I've enjoyed him through the years and would like to see him get a bigger spot.  He has recently been filling some of the daytime shifts when they are on vacation.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Funny on the Max Kellerman and Key getting let go but JWill stays( I actually agree with that assessment of the 3...)

IDK if it's the early mornings/ overnights from years ago, but when I hear Freddy Coleman's voice on sports radio, it's just a good thing.  I've enjoyed him through the years and would like to see him get a bigger spot.  He has recently been filling some of the daytime shifts when they are on vacation.

Freddie Co!mean is like smooth jazz for the soul. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

This is spot on.   I can’t watch five minutes of a game Beth Mowins calls.   And we all know why she will keep on calling games.  Another exhibit in ESPN’s downfall.  

if mowins or burke are on the call, the sound is off or the channel is changed

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1