Hunter Biden’s laptop

Hanrahan

Something, something.  Loans.  Something, something.  Banks.  something, something.  Paying the points.  Taking the points.  Laying the points.  

They're not even trying anymore.  And you know what?  I don't fucking blame them.  Having dealt with political consultants and campaign managers for decades...they are overpaid, nefarious assholes with kingmaker complexes.  At least this new generation of MAGA asshats is transparent, "You know what?  Fuck messaging, narratives, and thematics.  Just get out there and say some stupid shit and the simpletons will eat it up no matter what so long as it's cloaked in hatred and prideful ignorance."  

And it's working like a fucking charm.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I feel kind of sad for him.  The only reason people are going through his life is out of spite because he is a political opponent's living relative, and this guy needs or needed help.   It is pretty disgusting tactic but the right have demonstrated there is no bottom for them.  

Really?  Poor, sweet, sickly Hunter?  The mean, old right wing is going after another helpless victim?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

38 minutes ago, PW119 said:

Really?  Poor, sweet, sickly Hunter?  The mean, old right wing is going after another helpless victim?

Well Hunter is an addict.  That is a situation that initially deserves some pity or empathy.

On the other hand, he has resources available to him that the vast majority of addicts do not and the way he lives out his addiction is fairly disgusting.

If he did the crimes, he needs to do the time.  But the fact remains that the heretofore underfunded IRS hasn't been investigating or prosecuting these types of crimes routinely and probably wouldn't be investigating or prosecuting Hunter if not for his last name.

You can get the limit changed.   A few years ago, I paid for some work done on my house and the cash price from the contractor was over 2k.  I called USAA and got the limit raised.  As far as I know, it's still in place but I've not tried to take out more than a few hundred every now and then since.  

Just watched Hunter Biden speak for the first time ever. His voice is like a whinier version of Joe Biden's. It's going to be a deal breaker if he thought he was going to be president one day.

6 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Just watched Hunter Biden speak for the first time ever. His voice is like a whinier version of Joe Biden's. It's going to be a deal breaker if he thought he was going to be president one day.

More of a dealbreaker than the $800K on hookers and blow? Maybe if he converted to Magaism, otherwise, I'm pretty sure the presidency (or any elected office) wasn't on his radar of future endeavors.

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

More of a dealbreaker than the $800K on hookers and blow? Maybe if he converted to Magaism, otherwise, I'm pretty sure the presidency (or any elected office) wasn't on his radar of future endeavors.

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lol.  Left the local fox affiliate on this morning and it switched over to the Fox Sunday show.  They led off with IMMIGRATION!!! and pivoted right into Hunter Biden and him ducking the subpoena.  Their basic argument as to why his subpoena was such a huge deal compared to the Jan 6 subpoena dodgers was:

oh-that-was-different-injured.gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol.  Left the local fox affiliate on this morning and it switched over to the Fox Sunday show.  They led off with IMMIGRATION!!! and pivoted right into Hunter Biden and him ducking the subpoena.  Their basic argument as to why his subpoena was such a huge deal compared to the Jan 6 subpoena dodgers was:

Let's check in with Gym Jordan over Hunter Biden's "failure to appear" for his subpoenaed deposition:

“We expect him to come in for his interview, for his deposition.  And, frankly, we’ll also, I think, look at contempt proceedings as we move forward.”

The same Gym Jordan who ignored a subpoena to appear before the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th riots?  Why yes, yes it IS the same Gym Jordan.

Laws for thee but not for me, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...