the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

"Your honor, you will see the clear evidence here that the number of ballots cast in Travis County clearly exceeds the number of eligible voters in Loving County.  Therefore, fraud from a server in Frankfurt and the ghost of Hugo Chavez, Kraken released -- and Trump wins.  QED."

The people who are all on board with this bullshit are the same people who gleefully argue for liability protections for corporations injurying them, because they are really concerned with frivolous lawsuits.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You're probably right.  The funny thing about laws is that they are designed to deal with the predictable.  Trump/2020 isn't covered. 

And so many of our political norms aren’t actual laws surprisingly. Our nation has survived this long with leaders basically abiding by an honor system.

When a full half of our politicians decide to stop following that honor system, turns out things get fucky.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Holy fuck it's true.  I found the whole affidavit here. https://thespectator.info/2020/11/19/election-fraud-expert-russ-ramsland-files-affidavit-showing-physical-impossibility-of-election-results-in-michigan/

EnKN_6VVcAEWl8N.jpg?w=1080&ssl=1

Every one of those townships is in Minnesota, not Michigan.

What a shitshow.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He just flat used all MN and called it MI.  Worth noting that MN does not use Dominion equipment on a widespread basis, either.  Just a couple of counties.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm a little behind on the thread, but my favorite part of the press conference was when rudy quoted my cousin vinny, one of "his favorite law movies", and then identifies with the witness who couldn't see how many fingers he was holding up in the courtroom.  the witness that vinny proved was full of shit and needed new glasses, this is the side rudy is taking.  not vinny's side, who he liked because "he was from brooklyn" or whatever.

if tomorrow, he produces a photo and says, "this, here, this cracked the case, me in the shower, we did it" i will neither laugh nor cry.

There were 900 cool lines in My Cousin Vinny, Giuliani picks a boring one, then botches it.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Holy fuck it's true.  I found the whole affidavit here. https://thespectator.info/2020/11/19/election-fraud-expert-russ-ramsland-files-affidavit-showing-physical-impossibility-of-election-results-in-michigan/

What a shitshow.

lol. after a cursory glance of the "top offenders" in that list, they are tiny populations that trump won.

that said...just another cloud of chaos to distract attention away from the heist.

Edited by The University
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not sure whether to put this here or in the election thread, but National Review is going in dry (speaking to a conservative audience):

You are being conned

Ask yourself, if what Giuliani and Powell are claiming is true, why is the Trump campaign not even making the accusation in court? Why are they not presenting evidence? Why did Powell get angry at Tucker Carlson, who is about as supportive a media voice as the Trump campaign could ever want, when he asked for evidence? Just what did Tucker Carlson do wrong in this situation?

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What a shitshow.

if i were only fortunate enough to have something like this filed in adversely in one of my own cases, i'd be all...

200.gif

then i'd be like...

200.gif

and then all "whaddup now, bish?"

long_bone.gif?itok=sz1IelVB

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wouldn’t this mean that minnesota voted more than it should have?

Indeed it might.  But I think it compares votes cast to some prediction of who can vote (as opposed to a real count of say registered voters).

Also, see post 1410.

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What a shitshow.

"Your honor, according to duck duck go there are 12,435 registered voters in Paris, TX, and YET somehow, someway nearly 9 million people voted in this past election. Which brings me to George Soros" //aid taps on shoulder and whispers// "uh huh, mmmm hmmm, OK, wait France, like freedom fries place? Ohh shit". 

I just have visions of Ausonius congratulating himself on the Latin equivalent of a limerick that he scrawled on the vomitorium wall, while a Teutonic barbarian with three teeth and a huge abscess on his anus is about to split him in two with an axe made from the jawbone of an ox.

Good God, are we a fucked up excuse for a formerly proud country. I would rather be from Bhutan at present, to be honest. It would be more of a badge of honor. Americans have abdicated all sense of decorum, decency, honor, intelligence, or hygiene. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I just have visions of Ausonius congratulating himself on the Latin equivalent of a limerick that he scrawled on the vomitorium wall, while a Teutonic barbarian with three teeth and a huge abscess on his anus is about to split him in two with an axe made from the jawbone of an ox.

Good God, are we a fucked up excuse for a formerly proud country. I would rather be from Bhutan at present, to be honest. It would be more of a badge of honor. Americans have abdicated all sense of decorum, decency, honor, intelligence, or hygiene. 

You escaped from BCS. All else is details.

• Hook 'Em 1

Benville TWP

Quick spot check: the 350% place, Benville TWP, voted 47-16 in favor of Trump.

https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/results/Index?ErsElectionId=136&CountyId=4&DistrictId=&Scenario=Precincts&selectprecincts=1589974&show=Show+Selected+Precincts

It claims there are 63 "voters registered at 7 am", which happens to be 47+16. I don't know what that number means though.  Benville had a population of 65 in 2000, according to Wikipedia.

Here are the Benville TWP results from 2016:  33-9 Trump.  https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/election-results/2016/2016-general-election-results/2016-precinct-results-spreadsheet/

Quick thoughts

1) some place with 3.5x the expected voters going 3-1 Trump is a weird thing to put at the top of your complaint that there was a conspiracy against Trump.

2) 2016 was 4.5-1 Trump.  Trump picked up 14 votes in the precinct, Biden picked up 7.  So ratio change favored Biden, but raw vote total change favored Trump.  

3) Going from 42 to 63 votes is quite a bit and may or may not be significant.  Based on the raw increase you saw nationwide (127MM votes last time, 152MM this time), you can scale up to 50 votes just to begin with.  of course, this increase in voter turnout isn't evenly spread over the population.

4) you should always doubt 100% turnout in any event.  so either i'm skeptical 100% turned out, or the "63 voters registered at 7 am" does not mean that is how many total voters were registered in the precinct.  it also does not just mean the total number of voters, according to spot checks elsewhere where the total number of voters and numbers registered at 7 aren't the same.  See e.g., https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/results/Index?ErsElectionId=136&CountyId=4&DistrictId=&Scenario=Precincts&selectprecincts=1589976&show=Show+Selected+Precincts.  MN has day-of registration, https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/register-to-vote/register-on-election-day/, but i don't think the number refers to that because it would mean no one was registered prior to the day-of.

5) the 350% number implies an expected 18 votes in the precinct.  so whatever formula they are using to come up with that is super dumb considering 42 voted there last time.

Conclusion

Their affidavit is shitty, based on 30 minutes of googling to avoid work.  I wonder if the legal minds Biden can summon, with unlimited funding, and 100x more insight, will be able to poke holes in it?  A GRIPPING MYSTERY

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Benville TWP

Quick spot check: the 350% place, Benville TWP, voted 47-16 in favor of Trump.

https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/results/Index?ErsElectionId=136&CountyId=4&DistrictId=&Scenario=Precincts&selectprecincts=1589974&show=Show+Selected+Precincts

It claims there are 63 "voters registered at 7 am", which happens to be 47+16. I don't know what that number means though.  Benville had a population of 65 in 2000, according to Wikipedia.

Here are the Benville TWP results from 2016:  33-9 Trump.  https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/election-results/2016/2016-general-election-results/2016-precinct-results-spreadsheet/

Quick thoughts

1) some place with 3.5x the expected voters going 3-1 Trump is a weird thing to put at the top of your complaint that there was a conspiracy against Trump.

2) 2016 was 4.5-1 Trump.  Trump picked up 14 votes in the precinct, Biden picked up 7.  So ratio change favored Biden, but raw vote total change favored Trump.  

3) Going from 42 to 63 votes is quite a bit and may or may not be significant.  Based on the raw increase you saw nationwide (127MM votes last time, 152MM this time), you can scale up to 50 votes just to begin with.  of course, this increase in voter turnout isn't evenly spread over the population.

4) you should always doubt 100% turnout in any event.  so either i'm skeptical 100% turned out, or the "63 voters registered at 7 am" does not mean that is how many total voters were registered in the precinct.  it also does not just mean the total number of voters, according to spot checks elsewhere where the total number of voters and numbers registered at 7 aren't the same.  See e.g., https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/results/Index?ErsElectionId=136&CountyId=4&DistrictId=&Scenario=Precincts&selectprecincts=1589976&show=Show+Selected+Precincts.  MN has day-of registration, https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/register-to-vote/register-on-election-day/, but i don't think the number refers to that because it would mean no one was registered prior to the day-of.

5) the 350% number implies an expected 18 votes in the precinct.  so whatever formula they are using to come up with that is super dumb considering 42 voted there last time.

Conclusion

Their affidavit is shitty, based on 30 minutes of googling to avoid work.  I wonder if the legal minds Biden can summon, with unlimited funding, and 100x more insight, will be able to poke holes in it?  A GRIPPING MYSTERY

Like I said, that portion of the affidavit compared not actual registered voters, as you did, but Estimated Voters Based on Reported Statistics.

I will grant that perhaps registered voters in a county or precinct may not properly account for thel votes that could be cast in that county, but clearly "Estimated Voters Based on Reported Statistics"  is some lies, damned lies, and statistics bullshit.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Indeed it might.  But I think it compares votes cast to some prediction of who can vote (as opposed to a real count of say registered voters).

Also, see post 1410.

So, that's the problem. It doesn't appear to be that either. From the Minnesota secretary of state, Benville Township (Beltrami County) had an estimated 63 voters. 

https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/Results/CountyPrecinctStatisticsStatewide/Index?ersElectionId=136&countyid=4&countyname=Beltrami

And 63 people voted in the Presidential race (heavily favoring Trump). 

In order for the 350% number in the affidavit to work, either they thought there were only 18 voters in the precinct, or they thought that 220 people voted. I don't see how those numbers could have been gathered from any source. It looks like a huge data cockup. And, normally results like that would require a serious analyst to do a sanity check on his data and make sure a major error hadn't occurred. Very clearly it did, and very clearly they didn't. 

The numbers don't match the other precincts either. Something is way off. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Like I said, that portion of the affidavit compared not actual registered voters, as you did, but Estimated Voters Based on Reported Statistics.

I will grant that perhaps registered voters in a county or precinct may not properly account for thel votes that could be cast in that county, but clearly "Estimated Voters Based on Reported Statistics"  is some lies, damned lies, and statistics bullshit.

Minnesota has same day voter registration.

They tried this argument in Wisconsin, I think, and the state was like "uh, people can and do register and vote on Election Day" and wouldn't necessarily be included in pre-Election Day registration numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So, that's the problem. It doesn't appear to be that either. From the Minnesota secretary of state, Benville Township (Beltrami County) had an estimated 63 voters. 

https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/Results/CountyPrecinctStatisticsStatewide/Index?ersElectionId=136&countyid=4&countyname=Beltrami

In order for the 350% number in the affidavit to work, either they thought there were only 18 voters in the precinct, or they thought that 220 people voted. I don't see how those numbers could have been gathered from any source. It looks like a huge data cockup. And, normally results like that would require a serious analyst to do a sanity check on his data and make sure a major error hadn't occurred. Very clearly it did, and very clearly they didn't. 

This is like the kind of shit my idiot students turn in, and I don't even grade it, I just return it with the comment "DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO LOOK AT YOUR DATA AND THINK ABOUT WHETHER IT MADE ANY SENSE?"

47 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Russ Ramsland is a Tea Party kook in Dallas that was primaried by Pete Sessions some years back.

He has a non-data undergrad from Duke and a Harvard MBA, from quite some time ago.  He has a "cybersecurity" firm, www,asog.us that fairly reeks of paranoia.He would appear to be a self-taught disaster, err data scientist.

Also, somewhat related.  I asked if anyone knew why Dominion voting equipment was denied certification in Texas.  You can actually find that information here.  The process seems fairly legit and, if anything, the requirements of the Texas Election Code are a) pretty rigorous and b) maybe not designed to make it easy for electronic voting systems to qualify, i.e. a bit outdated perhaps.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Not sure if this was posted, but nasty.  Listen to the commentary.

I'm laughing about how they still don't know how to set up a press conference. It seems to be a better location than a landscaping company. a few American flags in the background. all good. But they're being slammed by overhead lights that are probably baking them like hour old chicken at the colonels. Rudy's hair dye is probably rated to 150 degrees but they didn't account for being blasted by heat lamps. The guys on both sides are lucky their heads aren't catching on fire.

Save a few dollars for a PR/videography team that can set up your environment to not make you look so bad.  I would even bet there are 5 minute youtube videos that explain this.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Russ Ramsland is a Tea Party kook in Dallas that was primaried by Pete Sessions some years back.

He has a non-data undergrad from Duke and a Harvard MBA, from quite some time ago.  He has a "cybersecurity" firm, www,asog.us that fairly reeks of paranoia.He would appear to be a self-taught disaster, err data scientist.

Also, somewhat related.  I asked if anyone knew why Dominion voting equipment was denied certification in Texas.  You can actually find that information here.  The process seems fairly legit and, if anything, the requirements of the Texas Election Code are a) pretty rigorous and b) maybe not designed to make it easy for electronic voting systems to qualify, i.e. a bit outdated perhaps.

Is that why I'm still voting on this complete piece of shit?

New Harris County clerk plans to replace voting machines

• Haha 1

Total thread derail, but North Carolina is basically using scantrons for voting, and I couldn't be happier. There's a paper trail in case there's any electronic shenanigans, and the technology for the electronic side of things is fairly old and proven. Sure, it's possible to cheat, but if you have anyone with a brain running the security side of things, the odds are pretty fucking low.

Why the fuck "fix" something that hasn't really been broken since the invention of the SAT? I mean, what's the big fucking deal? It's not like elections should emphasize speed over accuracy anyway.

It's one thing to attempt to stage a coup. On it's surface, and if you can mentally filter out the horrific consequences of its potential to succeed, you kinda have to respect the balls of it all. However, it's quite another thing to do so in such a publicly lazy and incompetent manner shepherded along the way by the biggest fucking buffoons imaginable. It's the most elaborate clown show ever. It should be way funnier than it actually is.

• Hook 'Em 1

Total thread derail, but North Carolina is basically using scantrons for voting, and I couldn't be happier. There's a paper trail in case there's any electronic shenanigans, and the technology for the electronic side of things is fairly old and proven. Sure, it's possible to cheat, but if you have anyone with a brain running the security side of things, the odds are pretty fucking low.
Why the fuck "fix" something that hasn't really been broken since the invention of the SAT? I mean, what's the big fucking deal? It's not like elections should emphasize speed over accuracy anyway.

It’s easy to swap #3 pencils for #2 which would create huge issues
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Is that why I'm still voting on this complete piece of shit?

New Harris County clerk plans to replace voting machines

This is the first election in Fort Bend county where I haven't used that scroll-wheel bullshit.  This election we used touch-screens that printed paper ballots that were then scanned in.  So much more satisfying - and felt a hell of a lot more reliable.