the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

10 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So this is Pence’s loyalty test?  You either get on board the crazy train and break our democracy or get cast out from the cult, thereby cutting your neck for 2024. 

Yuuup. Almost feel bad for the dude. Then I remembered that I don't know a single thing about him and, honestly, can't remember ever hearing him speak. 

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yuuup. Almost feel bad for the dude. Then I remembered that I don't know a single thing about him and, honestly, can't remember ever hearing him speak. 

I don’t feel the slightest bit bad for him. He knew going in he was being used to help bridge evangelicals to Trump, and he did so willingly knowing what an amoral, godless piece of shit Trump was just to get some anti-abortion judges. Trump is leaving a trail of ruined loyal lap dogs in his wake, and these idiots still can’t figure it out. You reap what you sow, and no one should know that better than the Bible thumpers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ya'll  know that Trump is gonna sign an Executive Order extending his presidency past the 20th, right?

I mean, it's just a violation of the Constitution, but at this point, what's another?  

YOPO. You're Only President Once. He was always going to throw the kitchen sink.

16 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ya'll  know that Trump is gonna sign an Executive Order extending his presidency past the 20th, right?

I mean, it's just a violation of the Constitution, but at this point, what's another?  

Does that just get ignored, or will we have to take it to court and let it work it’s way through with all of the Trump appeals?

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does that just get ignored, or will we have to take it to court and let it work it’s way through with all of the Trump appeals?

It gets ignored. His term ends when it ends and he can’t just write a note extending it.

28 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Navarro calls himself an economist. He's running our nation's economic policy. He is considered - fringe - when one is being charitable. He is self-expanding his expertise into law.  

To put it mildly, they are going to insert a lot of financial and legal damage before they scurry. I hope the guard-rails are up. 

The legal sector performed its duty well, as required by the Constitution. The system stepped up and delivered its duty. That's important. We are a nation of laws. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Navarro calls himself an economist. He's running our nation's economic policy. He is considered - fringe - when one is being charitable. He is self-expanding his expertise into law.  

To put it mildly, they are going to insert a lot of financial and legal damage before they scurry. I hope the guard-rails are up. 

The legal sector performed its duty well, as required by the Constitution. The system stepped up and delivered its duty. That's important. We are a nation of laws. 

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

DJT wasn’t ever going to attract someone into that role who wasn’t fringe. His economic and trade ideas (such as they exist) are garbage. The only real grownups who ever worked for him were in foreign policy, defense, and national security and they couldn’t be kept around. Domestically, serious people either couldn’t support his ideas or realized they’d have the stank on them later.

Killing TPP was stepping on your own dick when it comes to combatting China. Let’s see, how can we help throttle their influence....I know, let’s scrap an economic alliance we designed specifically to exclude from their own backyard and stick our thumbs up our asses while they conclude a bunch of bilats with all those nations. Also, send some really swaggery tweets!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

DJT wasn’t ever going to attract someone into that role who wasn’t fringe. His economic and trade ideas (such as they exist) are garbage. The only real grownups who ever worked for him were in foreign policy, defense, and national security and they couldn’t be kept around. Domestically, serious people either couldn’t support his ideas or realized they’d have the stank on them later.

Killing TPP was stepping on your own dick when it comes to combatting China. Let’s see, how can we help throttle their influence....I know, let’s scrap an economic alliance we designed specifically to exclude from their own backyard and stick our thumbs up our asses while they conclude a bunch of bilats with all those nations. Also, send some really swaggery tweets!

Spot on. Thank you.

Spoiler

I would note TPP threatened to speed the collapse of the relationship with China with catastrophic human risk.  And TPP increased domestic strife.  Most importantly in hindsight, TPP provided China with few avenues short of war.  The necessary un-cleaving with China continues. And risk remains for our dominant reserve status in the world's economy, today. Biden needs to be decisive on policy. The Pivot to Asia in place since Obama is vital. The TPP can be reworked to address real concerns about neoliberal economic policy.  

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This guy gets it. The only guy they could get who came in aligned with Trump from the get go was Peter Navarro, a local cable access crank from San Diego. 

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Love them going after the corporate donors as well.

And “The Jim Crow Caucus” is A++++ ratfucking branding.

So much for the Lincoln Project packing it in after the election.

And yes, in light of Citizens United, corporate donors need to be smeared with these guys' shit at every opportunity.  Relentlessly.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Also Romney Sasse et al need to announce they are going to caucus w the dems or just stfu 

Yessss. My husband and I got into a heated discussion last night over Sasse's comments. My husband thought it was great, and I'm like 'he's all talk like Sen Collins and then he comes to heel when called.' Until he behaves otherwise, he's just another enabler wringing his hands at the concentration camps instead of storming the beach at Normandy.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yessss. My husband and I got into a heated discussion last night over Sasse's comments. My husband thought it was great, and I'm like 'he's all talk like Sen Collins and then he comes to heel when called.' Until he behaves otherwise, he's just another enabler wringing his hands at the concentration camps instead of storming the beach at Normandy.

He’s literally “behaving otherwise” right now.  R retards: let’s pretend there is fraud and steal the election because our ideologue constituents neither know the facts nor the law. Sasse: y’all are retarded and I won’t participate.  

That doesn’t require him to caucus with Ds on NAFTA or DACA or top federal tax rate or whatever. He’s one of the few republicans lifting a finger to ensure there is no legitimacy to what his fellow dumb fuck senators are saying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

He’s literally “behaving otherwise” right now.  R retards: let’s pretend there is fraud and steal the election because our ideologue constituents neither know the facts nor the law. Sasse: y’all are retarded and I won’t participate.  

That doesn’t require him to caucus with Ds on NAFTA or DACA or top federal tax rate or whatever. He’s one of the few republicans lifting a finger to ensure there is no legitimacy to what his fellow dumb fuck senators are saying. 

1/4 of republican senators are openly seditious. When there are seditious actors in your party you either begin steps to remove them from the party or you abandon the party

I’m not saying they need to vote in lockstep with Bernie Sanders, but they need to send a message that sedition will not be tolerated.  

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I concede that he is making statements in support of the election of Biden being sound and his treatise called out the senators, so I'm happy to be proven wrong on the 6th. But we'll see if he withstands the onslaught. He is secure in his seat, but he's rumored as having Oval Office ambitions.

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That Ron Johnson interview was painful. At one point he said that all that fraud needs to be investigated because of the media and Hunter Biden.

That's about when Todd had enough.  He still wasn't great, but he was better than the normal Chuck Todd.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

They should just shut those fuckers’ mics off. All they do is talk over the hosts.

That's their strategy.  They know they can't defend their bullshit, so they just never stop talking and repeating themselves over and over.  It's very annoying and yet kind of effective, for those who are dumb enough to fall for it anyway.

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

They should just shut those fuckers’ mics off. All they do is talk over the hosts.

I love the way it starts. Todd asks him about the election protests and he says well first let’s talk about how all of the doctors who advocated for treating covid patients with repurposed medications have been completely ignored....

fuck you you pandering clown

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's their strategy.  They know they can't defend their bullshit, so they just never stop talking and repeating themselves over and over.  It's very annoying and yet kind of effective, for those who are dumb enough to fall for it anyway.

Have a simple message and keep repeating it over and over. 

1/4 of republican senators are openly seditious. When there are seditious actors in your party you either begin steps to remove them from the party or you abandon the party
I’m not saying they need to vote in lockstep with Bernie Sanders, but they need to send a message that sedition will not be tolerated.  

Tree of Liberty needs watering? Tom Jeff moment or no?

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So much for the Lincoln Project packing it in after the election.

And yes, in light of Citizens United, corporate donors need to be smeared with these guys' shit at every opportunity.  Relentlessly.

I figure the Lincoln Project sees that Trump is looking to burn down the GOP/purge anybody who didn't back him (either acknowledging Biden, overriding his veto, etc.), and they think they can pick up the pieces of whatever is left of the GOP when the Trump faction leaves.

Wednesday will be a great day to see how things shake out - everybody will be on paper as either supporting Democracy, or supporting Donnie, and it's going to go really off the rails when he sees who didn't back him in the Senate.

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He’s going to throw the ga sos in jail if he doesn’t find him his votes

Oh best part of article: at his ga rally tomorrow he’s going to encourage his supporters not to vote in the runoff 

While articles like this are fun, I am naturally skeptical of their sourcing. While I have no doubt that Trump would stoop to this, I can't imagine that he'd have the call with a bunch of people in the room. And I doubt the leak would be from the SoS's office because, you know, he doesn't want to die.

• Haha 1