Wooderson for Governor

TexasEd

13 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I'm totally in.  You have to ween the state off R.  

By running a UT grad who is also a Hollywood star?

Yeah, the Republicans won't be riled up by a Hollywood liberal activist.  And the Baylor/Tech/aggy grads would love to vote against UT's fucking Minister of Culture. 

Mathew McConaughey for Governor with a push for Marijuana legalization would be interesting and likely would turn the state blue.

If nothing else it will be cool to see all the GOP candidates' advertising on how they have always been in favor of personal freedom and support the legalization of Marijuana.  Sort of like their fake ads this year saying the support being able to be insured with a preexisting condition.  

The one thing about "Wooderson" is that he would actually try to do whats best for America.  The problem with Trump is he ONLY cares about himself.  

• Hook 'Em 2

i recognize that this is all a fantastical thought exercise but god damn, liberals in texas have to be some of the most delusional human beings on the planet.

412.png

you couldn't beat this utterly detestable piece of shit who has no shame or self-worth.  even AFTER this picture happened...

57f6bf9b9bd9786f018b5609?width=1200&form

I am down with it. If it turns Texas blue, why not. Texas should be more independent of the confederate south. The subservience to the Republican Party is atypical for Texas. 

His advisors and those counseling him need to provide him with a comprehensive narrative of why voters should choose him. He would need to stay on message. Minimize the Wooderson musing and get out concrete proposals. 

Texas is a goldmine for economic expansion, growth, and better living for all - if they move from an antebellum South stance to a Western United States orientation. The South and its legacy is holding down Texas' ambitions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Would he run as a D or an I?  

I lived in Minnesota in 2000 when Jesse Ventura was governor.  I thought he was a pretty decent governor, partly he didn't really get caught up in a lot of the R v D posturing.  There is an advantage of a candidate coming in with a clean slate, and looking to walk away after. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Would he run as a D or an I?  

I lived in Minnesota in 2000 when Jesse Ventura was governor.  I thought he was a pretty decent governor, partly he didn't really get caught up in a lot of the R v D posturing.  There is an advantage of a candidate coming in with a clean slate, and looking to walk away after. 

Toss in that he's already very wealthy, so that unlike people like Paxton/Patrick/etc., he's not going to be sucking off BMDs behind the scenes.

Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N

Wooderson for Texans 2022. Of course the mask wearing would be an issue.

Edited by Blotto

Well, he's hired Roy Spence of GSD&M fame to head up "PR/branding/image crafting."  Roy's got lots of experience in left-leaning politics, so maybe there is something to this.  

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

We've banned them before and no one lost their dicks over it so I don't have a problem with getting rid of them and neither does most people. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And Democrats should never stop saying it.

I’m not commenting on what should or should not be policy. But that statement will prevent you from being elected as governor of Texas any time in the foreseeable future. It’s just reality.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think you over estimate how many redneck gun nuts are in this state.  I knows it's a lot but it's not a majority.  On the other hand if that quote gets played over and over the. Yea probably 100% of the redneck gun nuts will show up to vote.  

Possibly true.  But there are quite a number of Trumpy-type people that are very sympathetic to gun nuts.  Add them together and you probably have a majority.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:29 PM, Js1 said:

By running a UT grad who is also a Hollywood star?

Yeah, the Republicans won't be riled up by a Hollywood liberal activist.  And the Baylor/Tech/aggy grads would love to vote against UT's fucking Minister of Culture. 

It's been my experience that conservatives love electing actors and celebrities. 

10 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I think you over estimate how many redneck gun nuts are in this state.  I knows it's a lot but it's not a majority.  On the other hand if that quote gets played over and over the. Yea probably 100% of the redneck gun nuts will show up to vote.  

I think you underestimate how that kind of rhetoric will alarm some outside of the “redneck gun nuts.” It’s a definite shift from his position during his Senate run (as he admitted). It doesn’t seem like the best strategy to influence the significant portion of voters in Texas who voted against Trump but were still otherwise R, and who’d almost certainly be essential to a win anytime in the near term.

• Hook 'Em 1