COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

Is it me or is that just a weird way to report a traffic fatality?  I mean, if they were leaving a bar or a large event/venue...I get it.  But sadly, we lose 100 people a day to traffic deaths in this country and you don't see it reported like that, "Young couple dies in car crash leaving Starbucks."  "Family of 5 pulls killed on interstate after seeing movie."  

Arm started to slowly get sore yesterday afternoon/evening and by the time I went to bed it was like the other 2 times and I had to sleep on the other side.  Oh, the humanity.  Today my joints ache and I feel lethargic.  Tomorrow, I expect I will be back to normal as I'm having the same reaction as I did for the second shot minus the tennis ball size knot I had on my arm last time.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

Arm started to slowly get sore yesterday afternoon/evening and by the time I went to bed it was like the other 2 times and I had to sleep on the other side.  Oh, the humanity.  Today my joints ache and I feel lethargic.  Tomorrow, I expect I will be back to normal as I'm having the same reaction as I did for the second shot minus the tennis ball size knot I had on my arm last time.

Got my 3rd dose a week ago. Arm was never really sore, but a week later my entire upper arm around the injection site is a lovely yellow color. 

Yeah, the soreness goes away after 48 hours but the weird coloring on your upper arm persists for a week.  Kind of a jaundice/liver deal meets "I swear, I tripped...he'd never hit me---he loves me!" bruising to it.  Basically makes you look like you're this proper adult that drags around this left arm which has a serious drinking problem.  

Edited by Lobo

43 minutes ago, Dontshootrude said:

One last great article for tonight. This one on the history and development of mRNA vaccines.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02483-w

That is a great deep dive into mRNA. Thanks.

What starts here changes the world.

". . .Both [Moderna and Pfizer] authorized vaccines use modified mRNA formulated in LNPs. Both also contain sequences that encode a form of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein that adopts a shape more amenable to inducing protective immunity. Many experts say that the protein tweak, devised by NIAID vaccinologist Barney Graham and structural biologists Jason McLellan at the University of Texas at Austin and Andrew Ward at Scripps, is also a prize-worthy contribution, albeit one that is specific to coronavirus vaccines, . . .."

Hook 'em.

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The data I read showed that myocarditis occurred in that group at least twice as often from Covid than from the vaccine. That's the relevant comparison in my opinion.

Sort of. Depends what the true prevalence of covid in the unvaccinated cohort is. And since we don’t contact trace/test we don’t know that number with any degree of accuracy, especially since most cases have minimal/no symptoms 

Well after the alpha-males (non-beta cucks who listen to faggy science) are done shitting themselves almost to death with horse paste...they're gonna need to clean out their vaginas via douche to avoid UTI.  But I'm sure their guns will save them.  Fucking pussies.  

The grind continues:

With today's CDC report, 210M Americans have now received at least one dose of vaccine. Took 24 days to go from 200M to 210M.

That is 76% of all adults, 74% of the total eligible population aged 12+.

93% of seniors over 65.

Every state except for WY (58.1%) and WV (56.6%) has reached at least 60% of adults. Texas is at 72%.

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Is it wrong to be snobby about being team Derna?

I don't think so.  Early on, the Pfizer folks were acting all high and mighty, 'cause they only had to wait 3 weeks for the second shot and they were convinced that their side effects were milder.

Well, take THAT Pfizidiots!  The worm has turned.  The hand is on the other foot now, and that foot, is me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don't think so.  Early on, the Pfizer folks were acting all high and mighty, 'cause they only had to wait 3 weeks for the second shot and they were convinced that their side effects were milder.
Well, take THAT Pfizidiots!  The worm has turned.  The hand is on the other foot now, and that foot, is me!

Our ‘Derna microchips can beat up those Nazi microchips.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

If the worms inside you are turning, ask your doctor about Ivermectin.  One daily dose could help you pass that worm and get back to being you! 

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My mom is coming up on 6 months for her Pfizer vaccine.  Has there been any discussion of switching for the booster?

Not yet, but today was a pretty big day for publications.  Two studies were released in the New England Journal of Medicine relating to the Pfizer vaccine.

1. A follow up study on the original 44,000+ clinical trial participants.  Those that got the vaccine are continuing to do very well.  Efficacy had wained from 95% to 83%.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110345?query=featured_home

2. This is the big one. The Israelis just published their 3rd shot trial involving over 1 million people. It's very well designed and controlled.  In people 60 and older the third shot reduced severe disease by 19.5x, essentially bringing the vaccine efficacy back to what it was when they first received it.  They don't specifically discuss side effects, but the absence of that data is probably a good sign.  Based on this study I'm going to tell my parents to sign up for a booster.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114255

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Dontshootrude said:

Not yet, but today was a pretty big day for publications.  Two studies were released in the New England Journal of Medicine relating to the Pfizer vaccine.

1. A follow up study on the original 44,000+ clinical trial participants.  Those that got the vaccine are continuing to do very well.  Efficacy had wained from 95% to 83%.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110345?query=featured_home

2. This is the big one. The Israelis just published their 3rd shot trial involving over 1 million people. It's very well designed and controlled.  In people 60 and older the third shot reduced severe disease by 19.5x, essentially bringing the vaccine efficacy back to what it was when they first received it.  They don't specifically discuss side effects, but the absence of that data is probably a good sign.  Based on this study I'm going to tell my parents to sign up for a booster.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114255

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

Team Moderna here.

Second shot 3/20/2021

Negative Covid

Spike protein antibodies 1747

Does anyone know or seen anything on the actual antibody range to be able to quantify the numbers?

I know the 0 > 2500+ units/ml is the range they give you.

In other words, what is too low for adequate protection?  At what number should you consider the booster?

Apparently the FDA isn't signing off on the whole antibody thing at all:  https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/antibody-testing-not-currently-recommended-assess-immunity-after-covid-19-vaccination-fda-safety

Edited by Big Jake

Team Moderna here.

Second shot 3/20/2021

Negative Covid

Spike protein antibodies 1747

Does anyone know or seen anything on the actual antibody range to be able to quantify the numbers?

I know the 0 > 2500+ units/ml is the range they give you.

In other words, what is too low for adequate protection?  At what number should you consider the booster?

Apparently the FDA isn't signing off on the whole antibody thing at all:  https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/antibody-testing-not-currently-recommended-assess-immunity-after-covid-19-vaccination-fda-safety

I think you answered your own question with the link. I have not seen any reports suggesting a point at which antibody levels are considered too low for protection.

51 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

I've said it multiple times in this thread.   No one knows what the anti-body number means as far as relation to beating back covid.  It's even in the FAQ on the cares study.   My understanding behind the beauty of MRNA is that is leaves B cells behind that have long term memory to produce anti-bodies instantly as soon as the virus is detected. 

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, midtown said:

I've said it multiple times in this thread.   No one knows what the anti-body number means as far as relation to beating back covid.  It's even in the FAQ on the cares study.   My understanding behind the beauty of MRNA is that is leaves B cells behind that have long term memory to produce anti-bodies instantly as soon as the virus is detected. 

Hopefully the Texas Cares study and others are looking at it.  Surely before your 2nd draw the survey will ask whether diagnosed with symptomatic COVID in the interim and potentially questions regarding level of severity.  That would be interesting data.