Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

Back when Auburn played Oregon for the title in the Fiesta Bowl (2011?), I was listening to Finebaum  3-4 days before the game.  His usual litany of callers were checking in, etc.  One of his regulars that was a fan from Auburn called in (some woman) and he asked her if she was going to the game.  
Sure enough, she said.  They were leaving in the morning, and driving all the way there.  She said they were taking I-10, and then asked Finebaum if the interstate passed through Mexico on the way to Arizona.  

Ahhh good ole Tammy.

Rest In Peace, ya old barner hag.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

And prosperity.  Jesus wants you to be rich.  

Unless you're brown.  Then he wants you to get the fuck out of the white paradise he made for his favorite non-Jewy white people.

Authentic Christianity has nothing at all to do with prosperity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

My in laws are on the way over and it's going to take all my strength not to ask them what they think about this development.

Their response over the next couple of days would be, in order:

1. I haven't heard about it

2. Well, I guess I did hear about it, but didn't pay attention.

3. I don't think it was as bad as it seems

4. It was probably a liberal plot

5. ILLEGALS ARE SCARY!!!!

So update on this.  I didn't bring it up, but I did bring up that I re-watched Ken Burns' Civil War over Labor Day weekend. 

FIL is a history major that went to Rice.  He IMMEDIATELY launches into how the Civil War was about economics, not slavery.  When I told him, yes, the southern economy was based around slavery, he pivoted to "well, there were a ton of northerners that also approved of slavery.  They weren't all good!" 

I almost flipped the table.

Edited by Biff Tannen
also wanted to add, his family didn't even come to the US until the early 1900s - just pure brainwashing
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Show me 1,000 different people who call themselves “Christian” and I’ll show you 1,000 different interpretations of what “authentic Christianity” is. 

Show me a 1,000 different people who call themselves "Christian" who think what DeSantis and Abbott are doing is neat-o and I'll show you 1,000 people in staunch opposition to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

NIMBY says the MV residents.eea82dd7e915edad7c2aa9fae3c4bbd1.jpg

I appears you don't understand anything

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

That’s not what happened though. At all. 

It's quite incredible.  "Facts be damned!  This is how we would react, so it must be how everyone would react!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

26 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

I figured conservatives would be up in arms about how much taxpayer money is being spent on transportation for these people. Texas is paying almost $2000 per bus ticket. Haven’t seen how much the private charters for the jets cost, but I imagine it is way over the list price. I guess no price or scam is too great as long as you get to own the Libs right?

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah sound absolutely horrible but your algorithm sure fed you the outrage and fear you exactly wanted it to. 

The migrants sent to Martha's Vineyard will be voluntarily taken to a military base for shelter and support

By Kristina Sgueglia, Miguel Marquez and Carolyn Sung, CNN

Updated 11:27 AM ET, Fri September 16, 2022

Florida governor uses tax dollars to fly migrants to Massachusetts

Florida governor uses tax dollars to fly migrants to Massachusetts 02:21

(CNN)The roughly 50 migrants who were sent by plane to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts by Florida's governor this week will be transported to a military base Friday to receive shelter and humanitarian support.

The migrants will be sent voluntarily to Joint Base Cape Cod, said Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, who added he's activating up to 125 National Guard members to assist the relief effort.
The migrants were flown to Martha's Vineyard on Wednesday, sent by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in one of the latest of a series of moves by Republican governors to transport migrants to northern liberal enclaves to protest what they say are inadequate federal efforts on southern border security.
At a church where the migrants had been staying on Martha's Vineyard, migrants cheered Friday morning when they heard the Massachusetts government would shelter them at a Cape Cod military base.

They embraced each other and locals before boarding buses provided by state and local government for their journey to the base.
Joint Base Cape Cod -- already an emergency shelter designated by the state emergency management agency -- is set up to provide "a safe temporary accommodation appropriate for the needs of families and individuals," the governor's office said in a release.
Migrants on Martha's Vineyard board buses Friday that took them to a military base on Cape Cod.

Migrants on Martha's Vineyard board buses Friday that took them to a military base on Cape Cod.
The migrants "will be housed in dormitory-style spaces at JBCC, with separate spaces accommodating both individuals and families," and families will not be separated, the release reads.
They will have access to services including legal, health care, food, hygiene kits, and crisis counseling, according to Baker's office.

29 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Has the DOJ indicted Desantis and his cronies for kidnapping yet?

Memes and tweets with half truths at best. That's all you got @ousuxndallas and @Poe It Up? Pathetic. Also, negged for trolling/lying.

This last stint in Surly jail has reformed me. I’m currently out on good behavior, so it’s going to have to be gifs until my probation is over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 13

11 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

https://hutchpost.com/posts/bcce4d21-0b55-433d-8328-98dee1e7c01e

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/10/21/biden-administration-potentially-flying-migrants-into-youngstown/

Yet not a fucking peep when the Biden Administration flew migrants from border to areas all over the country last year.  Telling.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

I didn't neg you because you appear to not know what really happened on MV. They fed them, tried to get them settled in at the Episcopal church that serves as their homeless shelter, and bought them whatever small items they needed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/15/us/marthas-vineyard-venezuela-migrants.html

Since most of them wanted to go to Boston, and in any case need to appear within 15 days at an immigration office, i bet the locals will help make that happen too.

As for the Venezuelans, this political theater is maybe a 1 out of 10 on the stuff they've seen. They'll be fine, and probably do well. Better than in Florida or Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://hutchpost.com/posts/bcce4d21-0b55-433d-8328-98dee1e7c01e

https://tennesseestar.com/2021/10/21/biden-administration-potentially-flying-migrants-into-youngstown/

Yet not a fucking peep when the Biden Administration flew migrants from border to areas all over the country last year.  Telling.

So instead of whataboutism, do you support DeSantis using taxpayer money to fly migrants living out of state across the country, and lying to them to coerce them to get on the plane?  Is this okay with you?  Be honest about supporting kidnapping.  Or say something against it.  But pick a side.

• Like 1