Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

On 2/28/2023 at 12:38 AM, atomheartbevo said:

But then it's like, these people have access to the same information the rest of us do, and at some level or point, they are choosing to let themselves be taken in by carnival barkers with TV shows or YouTube channels.

I’m convinced this is where a good chunk of them are. They may have believed it at first, but now it’s easier to just keep going down that path than turn towards what they know is the truth. It’s pathetic really. 

48 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Tap water?

Ron Peri runs The Gathering USA, a men's ministry.

Edit: He is also an engineer. Degree from Rutgers. Something something @BrickHorn's comment regarding engineers comes to mind.

If tap water turns you gay what does trump water turn you into? A con man, a racist, a fat tub of shit?

• Hook 'Em 1

Another nominee is Bridget Ziegler, she is a Sarasota school board member, founder of a conservative group called Moms for Liberty, and married to the chairperson of the Florida Republican party.

Inserting a specific agenda (she served in an advisory role in the Don't Say Gay legislation) into a private corporation's business is such a conservative ideal don't you think? Disney could say they want to bake a cake for all and the board could hold up permitting for park expansion or any other of punitive actions that serve to censor Disney's decision making. Much freedom, much separation between state and church, much bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Another appointee is DeSantis donor and attorney, Mike Sasso. He's president of the Orlando chapter of the Federalist Society.

Another one is the son of a two time Clearwater mayor, Brian Aungst Jr. he's the one on the left back in 2016.

aungst.png.bf6c9c9fc9495d905abb000064881efd.png

Last one is Martin Garcia, a Tampa lawyer. I believe DeSantis picked him to be the chair. Garcia, through his private investment firm Pinehill Capital, donated 50K to the governor.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Another nominee is Bridget Ziegler, she is a Sarasota school board member, founder of a conservative group called Moms for Liberty, and married to the chairperson of the Florida Republican party.

Inserting a specific agenda (she served in an advisory role in the Don't Say Gay legislation) into a private corporation's business is such a conservative ideal don't you think? Disney could say they want to bake a cake for all and the board could hold up permitting for park expansion or any other of punitive actions that serve to censor Disney's decision making. Much freedom, much separation between state and church, much bullshit.

Told you all - they will absolutely try and make Disney bend to their will and try and force Disney to stop anything approaching support for LGBTQ.  These Florida Republicans are slightly worse than Texas Republicans (not by much), and they fully believe in using the government to stamp out anything they don't like.  Because Small Government and Free Speech.

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

they will absolutely try and make Disney bend to their will

Spot on. Disney is just the first iconic powerful target. Wait till these fascist theocrats target NASA. Think that's crazy?

— They came for women in Hobbs. They are coming for LGBTQIA+. They've come for nurses, doctors, Fauci, and biological science during Covid. Still coming after vaccines and mRNA science. 

Sooner or later they are coming for NASA and the massive telescopes ... and all the godless discoveries that refute their little 6,000 year-old universe. A fact-free universe they imagine they are center of. Pathetic cosmic narcissists.

Edited by BevoAbyss
typo, clarity
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Told you all - they will absolutely try and make Disney bend to their will and try and force Disney to stop anything approaching support for LGBTQ.  These Florida Republicans are slightly worse than Texas Republicans (not by much), and they fully believe in using the government to stamp out anything they don't like.  Because Small Government and Free Speech.

Disney needs to play politics and hammer the gqp on ABC.   Ron Desantis is an alleged pedophile.   Run that shit every day all day long, for the next 10 years.    Make a children's movie where the protagonists are rounded up by republicans and separated from their families.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, fattyflattie said:

Florida couldn't be more on brand with their want for felons to vote. 

Betcha didn't know Texas permits felons to vote after completing their sentence, including probation.  As do about 40 other states.  Texas has done so since 1997, when the total librul fag W was governor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Betcha didn't know Texas permits felons to vote after completing their sentence, including probation.  As do about 40 other states.  Texas has done so since 1997, when the total librul fag W was governor.

I didn’t know that. Thanks for bumming me out on a Friday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Disney needs to play politics and hammer the gqp on ABC. 

Start dumping money into close races or primaries. Have 20/20, etc. do their investigative journalism on all of the shady shit down there.  After all, corporations are people!

And keep in mind that DeSantis is going after Florida universities and fucking with them - make sure everybody is aware he could really fuck up some sports programs if the athletes go elsewhere, and how a Yale/Harvard lawyer who was too good to go to a Florida university is trying to fuck them over.

Damn. "Meatball Ron" would be the end of him. It would also greenlight more devolution, eventually just leading to Ivy League Guinea, Dagoe DeSantis and Wop Ron. Then the floor will finally be Swamp Spic DeSantis.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Damn. "Meatball Ron" would be the end of him. It would also greenlight more devolution, eventually just leading to Ivy League Guinea, Dagoe DeSantis and Wop Ron. Then the floor will finally be Swamp Spic DeSantis.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

No need to overthink it, Donnie. Meatball Ron is more than enough to completely ruin him. With just enough racism for your voting base.

It's a two-for-one deal, since Meatball Mike (Pompeo) is a great one.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:30 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Tap water?

Edit: He is also an engineer. Degree from Rutgers. Something something @BrickHorn's comment regarding engineers comes to mind.

I’m old enough to remember 3 weeks ago when @mdmostsaid meatball tiny Ron stirring up trouble with Disney was much ado about nothing and nothing would materially change. This appointment seems not good.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 11

I'm old enough to remember the multiple times you were crowd sourced and then came back with new usernames because you're an annoying fuckwad. I guess we'll see how it goes. These people can screw with Disney and then Disney will have the grounds they need to sue them. Their actions will be magnified for all the world to see just how fringe they are. They'll go too far and it will bite them. I know you enjoy this because you're the same hypocritical shitbag that DeSantis is who claims to be for small government and leaving businesses alone unless they're woke and then you have to make them pay. 

It really is one of the most pathetic things I've seen an adult do.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Their actions will be magnified for all the world to see just how fringe they are. They'll go too far and it will bite them.

Nope. For GQP-MAGA, there is no "too far." The one-time "fringe" is the ruling center of the party. Trump just got 60% of the straw poll at CPAC. 

Time's up for denialism. It's very clear what GQP-MAGA are doing. They are implementing a fascist theocracy. 

They are serious, they are dangerous, and they cannot be reasoned with or accept any evidence that contradicts their Biblical worldview. They have the Supreme Court, they have many lower courts, they have news stations, they have billionaires, they have Elon's Twitter, they have most of the police (military?), and they have 35-45% of the US population on their team. They are making it harder for non-MAGA to vote and 2024 might well be the last free election in America. Oh, and they are armed to the teeth with AR-15s. 

And Disney is gonna put Desantis/MAGA in their place with a lawsuit. Lulz. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, BevoAbyss said:

Nope. For GQP-MAGA, there is no "too far." The one-time "fringe" is the ruling center of the party. Trump just got 60% of the straw poll at CPAC. 

Time's up for denialism. It's very clear what GQP-MAGA are doing. They are implementing a fascist theocracy. 

They are serious, they are dangerous, and they cannot be reasoned with or accept any evidence that contradicts their Biblical worldview. They have the Supreme Court, they have many lower courts, they have news stations, they have billionaires, they have Elon's Twitter, they have most of the police (military?), and they have 35-45% of the US population on their team. They are making it harder for non-MAGA to vote and 2024 might well be the last free election in America. Oh, and they are armed to the teeth with AR-15s. 

And Disney is gonna put Desantis/MAGA in their place with a lawsuit. Lulz. 

I'm meaning for the larger portion of America who finds people who think you become gay by drinking tap water isn't a reasonable hypothesis. These morons actions will be magnified now. Disney gets a lot of press and it's going to become a lot more sympathetic press if you have hateful "Christians" trying to f with one of the largest entertainment companies in the United States. DeSantis can say stupid shit like he wants Disney to make more "family friendly (white, Christian) entertainment" but his little group can't force Disney to do so. Sure, they can hold up a parade or not let a permit for a new ride be stopped but then you're getting a whole lot of negative press and these fuckers don't like when you shine a light on them. Especially when you show the unintended consequences of the theocratic bullshit they're throwing down. Stuff like books being removed because they have the term "negro" in them, even though they are historical context books like about Negro League ballplayers. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

a whole lot of negative press and these fuckers don't like when you shine a light on them.

I get your point. Well taken. But GQP-MAGA are also shining the light on their selves. Very bright lights. Fox, Twitter, all across social media. And those lights only empower them to champion more fascism and theocracy.  Like Trump, negative press doesn't stop them. In fact, they think it only proves how right they are. They know the mainstream media will never stand up to religion. Never! 

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm old enough to remember the multiple times you were crowd sourced and then came back with new usernames because you're an annoying fuckwad. I guess we'll see how it goes. These people can screw with Disney and then Disney will have the grounds they need to sue them. Their actions will be magnified for all the world to see just how fringe they are. They'll go too far and it will bite them. I know you enjoy this because you're the same hypocritical shitbag that DeSantis is who claims to be for small government and leaving businesses alone unless they're woke and then you have to make them pay. 

Republicans like him enjoy it, because DeSantis fucking with Disney, just like Paxton fucking with the whistleblowers, doesn't cost them personally anything as far as they are concerned, even though taxpayers will be out millions.  Owning the libs and fucking over taxpayers, that's all that matters.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republicans like him enjoy it, because DeSantis fucking with Disney, just like Paxton fucking with the whistleblowers, doesn't cost them personally anything as far as they are concerned, even though taxpayers will be out millions.  Owning the libs and fucking over taxpayers, that's all that matters.

The point as that mdmost isn’t objective as a Disney fanboi and wanted to paint DeSantis trolling of Disney as a nothing burger when in fact there are real world consequences that have arose. 

Personally I’m pretty ambivalent towards both DeSantis and Disney these days— heck I put money into the ecosystem by taking the family to Disney world this year— but I’m certainly not a fan of everything they do these days. I just cancelled Disney+ last month as a matter of fact, but I couldn’t care less about Florida politics and the Disney corporation. Let them fight and hurt each other, like watching OU and A&M play.

• Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Get that sawed-off piece of shit out of my state. 

Is he wrong though? A lot more in common than not at this point as the b.s. continues to take over that party. There are several states trying to outrun the rest to the cliff’s edge with TX, FL, TN (may have already jumped actually), etc. leasing the pack.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

100%.

While Florida and Texas are taking the lead, it is not as if the other GOP dominated states are not proposing and enacting more and more punitive legislation. Enough that it is hard to monitor. Similar to the abundance of restrictive legislation following the multi-decade oppression of minorities following the Civil War and that will (if ever given the chance) take three times as long to undue, partially because of the very court system you mention. Voter suppression laws, laws against women and other under-represented groups, laws against protesting, and all while pushing a gun wielding agenda of violence laden terminology.

Not in this thread but others, the talk regarding the electoral college and the way in which the GOP can work that to their advantage was a hot topic back in 2020. It's not like the GOP didn't notice this, and the nation's inability to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Act gave them the carte blanche to push the lead domino and they've got some momentum.

It won't matter whether it is Trump or DeSantis running because DeSantis is patient enough to know Trump will not live forever and whomever it is will have no bifurcation. The GOP will fall in line behind one or the other, team style. It is only a matter of when, unless the force of citizens who do not wish to live under this type of rule will ensure that the youngest of voters have that opportunity to vote. That has been obvious to the GOP and they are on top of it--again with legislation. Same with Russia/Ukraine. They want the war there to linger so that it becomes another talking point to hammer home against the Democrats. And on and on.

IMO, many corporations will tread the line but ultimately succumb to a fascist theocracy because it may hurt profits in the short term for some but for others it will continue to permit the avoidance of personal responsibility when they do harm. No liability for injury. Somewhat like the legislation proposed in Iowa for the youngest workers in the meatpacking/mining and other industries. That is the future--substandard schools for most, desperate dangerous employment, and no mobility or healthcare.

I was reading a newsletter by writer Luke O'Neil. He was talking about the debate regarding student loans and he had this to say. It could be any topic though and it's food for thought. We can choose to be altruistic or selfish. IMO it is far better to rationalize the more compassionate choice than the selfish one. This was what he had to say:

Also like any time you talk about student loans online I heard again from people who survey the state of things as they are and say "Hm... this is good to me. I'm glad you are eating shit."

"What you don’t know what interest is?" they say. Or "Why should I pay for your useless education?" "I paid mine off easily, back when college was $15 a year by the way," they say. "I got my ass caught in the toilet and I live here now." The usual stuff.

I know a lot of times these types of people are just performing owning the libs online but I often wonder if this is the world they really want? Where nothing can ever get better for anyone else in any way if it doesn’t directly affect them too? Or even if it does!? Are they happy living in that world? Do they really delight in watching others struggle?

I’m not naive I know the answer but something in me still makes me not want to believe it.

I don't want to believe it either, but this is where we are.

TL/DR: Compare it to football--UT is in the SEC now. Realignment is reality. The Big 12 is in the dustbin of football history. The football ledge is not so different from the political one really. Offseason sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/3/2023 at 4:55 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Spot on. Disney is just the first iconic powerful target. Wait till these fascist theocrats target NASA. Think that's crazy?

— They came for women in Hobbs. They are coming for LGBTQIA+. They've come for nurses, doctors, Fauci, and biological science during Covid. Still coming after vaccines and mRNA science. 

Sooner or later they are coming for NASA and the massive telescopes ... and all the godless discoveries that refute their little 6,000 year-old universe. A fact-free universe they imagine they are center of. Pathetic cosmic narcissists.

Username

• Haha 1

The right-wing war against change (education, facts, reality) has been ongoing for a long time.   We see the high-frequency cycles in our lifetimes, which are superimposed on a general trend of progress.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t know that. Thanks for bumming me out on a Friday. 

WTF is the matter with you?  Don't you love the whole "paid their debt to society?"  

Anyway, back to Florida.  Check this out:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

On 3/4/2023 at 4:14 PM, mdmost said:

Answer: it will go for DeSantis about as well as it's gone for Fox in the Dominion lawsuit.