A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

Trump is trying to sell the lease to his DC hotel for 375 million and believes he has found a buyer. But now, the House Oversight Committee is seeking to have Trump’s lease canceled outright because the financials he provided to Mazars in order to secure the lease have been invalidated. 
His problems are just beginning.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Trump is trying to sell the lease to his DC hotel for 375 million and believes he has found a buyer. But now, the House Oversight Committee is seeking to have Trump’s lease canceled outright because the financials he provided to Mazars in order to secure the lease have been invalidated. 
His problems are just beginning.

I saw that. I saw this in December:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-international-hotel-washington-report-exposes-gaping-corruption-loopholes-ncna1286258

And saw this today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-oversight-panel-asks-federal-agency-consider-canceling-trump-hotel-n1289268

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ahhh, the illustrious Alina Habba.

Previously in this imbroglio, Trump had had pretty bigtime lawyers in Morgan, Lewis & Bockius and others.

It seems like his small-firm Jersey shyster is now his go to.  I bet she's easier to stiff than Morgan Lewis.

i'm not saying Alina is cray, but this is her LinkedIn pic:

1644267515587?e=1650499200&v=beta&t=FNuF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What jurisdiction does the House Oversight committee have on a CRE valuation and subsequent transaction?  

It has authority to investigate the subjects within the Committee's legislative jurisdiction as well as "any matter" within the jurisdiction of the other standing House Committees.

Thus, The House Oversight Committee is asking the General Services Administration to consider terminating the lease for the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, before the former president’s business can sell it, in light of allegations that the Trump Organizationsubmitted false financial statements to the federal government. 

The Democratic-led committee said false statements or certifications may constitute a breach of the lease of the Old Post Office, the historic, government-owned building the Trump Hotel occupies

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

no doubt Trump has stiffed her.  a few times.

i'm sure she tells everybody she went to Harvard.  according to LinkedIn:

Education

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Education

I once did a little business with a loan broker out here in O.C.   Motherfucker had a Harvard sticker on his car, Harvard shit in his office, and wore a Harvard V-neck sweater quite frequently.  

I found out that he never went to college, but took some 2 week seminar on the Harvard campus at some point. 

He also dyed his hair. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He does think he's the smartest guy in any room, he does think he should get a lot more credit for stuff than he does, and he thinks he's innocent.

And he also thinks he's smarter than his lawyers.

So there's a slight chance he'll fuck it up.

At this point it doesn’t matter. He can only hurt his cause, or best case(for him), be neutral. His testimony won’t have much value for the defense 

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 1

Education

Oh, sure. Like SHE went to Harvard.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

The grift is just so fucking unbelievable.  Melania is now selling 10 NFTs from "iconic"  Trump White House moments, like Trump's visit to Mt. Rushmore and Christmas in the White House.  For the low, low price of X,  YOU can be one of 1,000 owners of some digital artwork.  Best of all?  The artwork is a surprise! You don't even get to see it before becoming an "owner"  of a collection of zeroes and ones that is stored .... on a hard drive, somewhere.

Melania NFT.jpg

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ivanka has been attempting to rehabilitate her image; she was off the twitter for quite a while, but was on in January to post this.

Crisis actors. LARPing as caring, empathetic human beings

Edited by NAVY
mo to say

12 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The grift is just so fucking unbelievable.  Melania is now selling 10 NFTs from "iconic"  Trump White House moments, like Trump's visit to Mt. Rushmore and Christmas in the White House.  For the low, low price of X,  YOU can be one of 1,000 owners of some digital artwork.  Best of all?  The artwork is a surprise! You don't even get to see it before becoming an "owner"  of a collection of zeroes and ones that is stored .... on a hard drive, somewhere.

Melania NFT.jpg

…all them graspin’ bitches…

- State Sen. R. Clayton Davis

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Did the boxes have a letter from the 45th President of the United States in them?

Friend, 

We just checked your Trump Social Media Founding Supporter membership status and it appears that your payment has not been received. President Trump needs his strongest supporters, like YOU, to fight back and DEFEND AMERICA. Can he count on your support?  

51 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Melania NFT.jpg

Those NFTs will look nice in a cabinet next to my field and stream Ceramic plates and time-life books

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

They will, and plead the Fifth hundreds of times, because that's what honest, upstanding people do.

20 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Eric already showed up and took the 5th over 500 times, didn’t he? Not to be outdone, Ivanka and Don Jr. will do their best to exceed his record. I don’t know about King Don. He may be unable hold his tongue and have a Col. Jessup-like outburst. That’s my dream, anyway. 

19 hours ago, TexArcher said:

You're god damned right I lied on my taxes and laundered money and sold state secrets to Russia and incited an insurrection and I hope they burn in Hell!

So the way I understand it is that the combination of the Civil case for falsifying information on his loan applications (high valuations and unaudited financials) and the criminal for falsifying the information the other way (lower valuations to avoid taxes, maybe other stuff) has created a catch-22.

He can plead the 5th on the criminal case but if he does not answer then the civil case can say that not-answering means the jury/court can assume he did what he is accused of.  So he has to testify for civil purposes but that could get him in trouble with the criminal case.

So they are trying to pull the Alex Jones and just not say anything because saying something is worse than the consequences of not saying anything but the DA might already have the evidence they need to convict anyway.

Is this close? 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Melania NFT.jpg

Normal behavior for a "billionaire."

24 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

So the way I understand it is that the combination of the Civil case for falsifying information on his loan applications (high valuations and unaudited financials) and the criminal for falsifying the information the other way (lower valuations to avoid taxes, maybe other stuff) has created a catch-22.

He can plead the 5th on the criminal case but if he does not answer then the civil case can say that not-answering means the jury/court can assume he did what he is accused of.  So he has to testify for civil purposes but that could get him in trouble with the criminal case.

So they are trying to pull the Alex Jones and just not say anything because saying something is worse than the consequences of not saying anything but the DA might already have the evidence they need to convict anyway.

Is this close? 

I'm not a lawyer, here's a Twitter thread (assuming it's factually correct) that aligns closely with what you're saying. Also I'm an idiot and I don't know how to post Twitter the right way on this site 🙃 

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1494555686105239556?s=20&t=AjneCTg8dXiUaCHi34soqQ

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exposition said:

I'm not a lawyer, here's a Twitter thread (assuming it's factually correct) that aligns closely with what you're saying. Also I'm an idiot and I don't know how to post Twitter the right way on this site 🙃 

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1494555686105239556?s=20&t=AjneCTg8dXiUaCHi34soqQ

We should pass a law that President's can't market themselves as such or the office after being POTUS.

More concerned about limiting Presidential powers while they have nuclear codes, can wage war unchecked, can grant immunity to people to do crimes on their behalf and leak classified material to our adversaries.

To do so, Congress would actually have to, you know, have to pass laws, and Federal Judges, would actually have to objectively interpret laws and not be active party hacks.
  • Hook 'Em 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement