A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, locodos said:

sorry for the diversion, but if your boat is on fire the gas and oil are the last thing you need to worry about.  That stuff is usually below the waterline.  It might catch after a while, but you wouldn't want to hang around till that happened.  Basically everything on a boat is petroleum based or flammable.  Point her into the wind, walk to the bow and figure the best way to gtfo(ff) of that soon to be flaming/toxic hellscape.

Also the ocean is basically one huge ass all encompassing negative terminal so you'd have to work pretty hard to electrocute yourself with a submerged battery, if it's even possible at all.

Hope nobody tells him we have nuclear reactors on some of our ships.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

35 minutes ago, Classic Rock said:

Remember, some of the guys on here have reached the age where Lovey Howell and Mother Costanza are now looking like viable options.

Having watched way too much Gilligan's Island as a kid, and as much as I had a thing for Mary Ann, Lovey would have been a good option if you were on the island, as Ginger and Mary Ann had way too much drama around them.  Lovey would have kept it on the down-low as well.

Here she is at 42.  in 1942.  Apparently Kari Lake photo filters were a thing back then.

381px-NatalieSchafer.jpg

edit: On a side note, her husband served in the same unit in WWI that my great-grandfather did.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or how the Japanese have gone back to the future with lithium-ion battery powered submarines:

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2022/december/japans-advanced-lithium-ion-submarines

Japan’s new Taigei class of diesel-electric submarines is anything but conventional. The new boats were designed for, and from the outset fitted with, lithium-ion batteries rather than the lead-acid type historically used in non-nuclear submarines. They provide the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) with some of the most advanced underwater performance of any submarine force in the world.

Lithium-ion advantages include increased battery-discharge rates, faster recharge times, and higher energy density. The results are enhanced silent operations, better speeds and sprints, longer underwater endurance, and significantly greater overall performance when compared with more conventional undersea submarines. The use of lithium-ion batteries also saves weight and complexity by making an air-independent propulsion (AIP) system unnecessary to extend the submarine’s underwater endurance.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

If you think there are disputed fact issues, and the court erred by granting the partial summary judgment, then maybe you should reach out to Trump and let him know!

Hey, if that moron will take legal advice from Tom Fitton, he'll probably listen to DalTxHornFan...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No, it will not. Nobody is actually saying there is zero possibility that an appellate court might overturn all or part of the ruling, as none of us are experts in this narrow field of New York law and there seems to be many moving parts in this, each part subject to potential reversal or partial modification. 

But if it is overturned - it won’t be because your “opinion” was “correct”. Because so far, you have not put forth anything even remotely resembling an “opinion”.  Here is an example: you can say it was improper because the judge wore a button-down blue shirt and the court had a fringed admiralty flag.  If the ruling on the motion is ultimately overturned in whole or part, that does not mean you can rooster around and crow that your “opinion” was “correct” all along. Because your frankly embarrassing musings on what does not constitute evidence (and why cross examination transforms stuff into legit evidence) will not be the reason that this order is overturned, if it is overturned.

You will get no credit. 

Bonus points awarded by me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Trump's African-American over here talking about battery-powered boats: 

Seriously, folks.  You Trump guys picked the least masculine person possible to politically worship.  My mentally disabled half-sister who can't swim, understands how boats work (she loves going out fishing in Wisconsin on relatives' boats) better than Trump.  Plus she knows this entire line dance.  

Honest question---you dipshits ever wonder why you've never, ever, ever seen a photo of Trump on a boat, fishing, hunting, shooting, etc.  Other than a couple of ceremonial first pitches, he shares absolutely zero attributes what we as Texas men associate with being a Dad/Man/Grandpa.  It's fucking pathetic and I know deep down inside in places you don't talk about rallies, it bugs the ever living shit out of you.  He thinks the very battery that drops an outboard propeller into the water will cause everybody on the boat to die.  And you put him in charge of the U.S. Navy.  Think about that next time you're on the water.

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wait, can't we stop the hurricanes by sinking one of our ships in the middle of it?   Like a floating nuclear bomb!

Edited by Macanudo

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Is DalTx being deliberately obtuse -- or is he just refusing to take the L on this? A Trump-tard in sheep's clothing?

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's a profoundly stupid person.

It's one of these.  He's flat-out wrong on how Summary Judgment works, but here's the thing: THAT'S OK.  It's a specific legal mechanism, and if you're not a lawyer, not knowing the specifics is not anything to be ashamed of.

Now, once it is explained to you how it works, in plain layman's language (as has been done several times on this thread in different ways), STICKING WITH your incorrect understanding....THAT'S the problem.  So, we're back to "DalTx is one of these" conclusion.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Is DalTx being deliberately obtuse -- or is he just refusing to take the L on this? A Trump-tard in sheep's clothing?

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He's a profoundly stupid person.

It can be both. I'd lean towards A, though. Fundamentally there is the belief this is all a government witch-hunt, i'd wager. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

They don't exactly make it very subtle. Their posts are always the same:

"I'm not a Trump fan [potentially throw in claim about only voting for him once or, gasp, not at all!], but here are all the ways in which I blindly support him, and any criticism or legal punishment levied his way is clearly just partisan political hack jobs."

Otherwise known as the Incredulity.

Is DalTx the one who started a post yesterday with, "I'm left-leaning but ..." or was that somebody else? That was a massive red flag.

16 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm serious when I say this: it's a shame he chose to take his grifting from the private sector to the public domain because in a different universe this brand of unintentional comedy would have me wheezing. Instead I just intensely stare for signs of impending death.

16 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

He seems cool.

his tequila sucks though. 

well, he did say he was from the midwest, so yeah.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm serious when I say this: it's a shame he chose to take his grifting from the private sector to the public domain because in a different universe this brand of unintentional comedy would have me wheezing. Instead I just intensely stare for signs of impending death.

He's like a mean spirited, greedy, hate-filled Todd Margaret. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Donald J. Trump’s civil fraud trial over accusations that he inflated the value of his properties by billions of dollars could begin as soon as Monday after a New York appeals court rejected the former president’s attempt to delay it.

The appeals court, in a terse two-page order Thursday, effectively turned aside for now a lawsuit Mr. Trump filed against the trial judge, Arthur F. Engoron. The lawsuit had sought to delay the trial, and ultimately throw out many of the accusations against the former president.

Thursday’s ruling came two days after Justice Engoron issued an order that struck a major blow to Mr. Trump, finding him liable for having committed fraud by persistently overvaluing his assets and stripping him of control over his New York properties.

Justice Engoron sided with the New York attorney general, Letitia James, who last year sued Mr. Trump, accusing him of inflating his net worth to obtain favorable loan terms from banks.

Mr. Trump is not entirely out of options in blocking the trial from moving forward. He can still appeal Justice Engoron’s Tuesday order, but it is unclear whether the appeals court would consider that.

A trial, the result of which would be decided by Justice Engoron, not a jury, would resolve other aspects of the case, most notably whether Mr. Trump and his company will face other punishments, including a financial penalty. Ms. James is seeking to recover $250 million in ill-gotten gains.

In the lawsuit, Mr. Trump’s lawyers argued that Justice Engoron had ignored an earlier appeals court decision in June that raised the notion that some of the accusations against the former president might be too old to go to trial.

But the appeals court on Thursday appeared unmoved by those arguments, and did not engage with them in its order other than to say they had been considered.

A lawyer for Mr. Trump, Christopher M. Kise, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. On Tuesday, he called Justice Engoron’s ruling “outrageous” and “completely disconnected from the facts and governing law.” He said that the judge ignored “basic legal, accounting and business principles.”

Mr. Trump has denied all wrongdoing. A Republican, the former president has accused the judge and the attorney general, both Democrats, of being politically motivated, and has called Justice Engoron “deranged” and Ms. James, who is Black, a racist.

At the heart of Ms. James’s case is the accusation that Mr. Trump’s annual financial statements exaggerated his net worth by as much as $2.2 billion in some years. Mr. Trump, she said, submitted the statements to banks to obtain favorable loans.

Mr. Kise, in turn, has argued that Mr. Trump could not have committed fraud because the banks made money off the loans and the former president never missed a payment.

But lawyers from the attorney general’s office have countered that, under the powerful state law allowing them to bring the case, they did not need to show the fraud had resulted in any financial harm. Justice Engoron agreed in his Tuesday opinion, and sanctioned each of Mr. Trump’s lawyers $7,500 for continuing to advance arguments they had previously made.

His order also left the future of Mr. Trump’s business in New York hanging in the balance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/28/nyregion/trump-fraud-judge-appeal.html

Edit:  Also, in honor of this page number, a small break for a great tune:

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Just another asking questions.  They lose their way sometimes, ask directions and then continue going in the wrong direction.  It's almost like the answers, maps and guidance don't matter.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Just another asking questions.  They lose their way sometimes, ask directions and then continue going in the wrong direction.  It's almost like the answers, maps and guidance don't matter.  

These guys could get lost on a Candyland game board.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Trump coming to Dallas on 1 November.  Home of Lisa & Kenny Troutt.  Of course, Paxton and Patrick are co-hosts.  

Then on 2 November to Post Oak Hotel in Houston.  If anybody wants to shit in the food supply.  That kitchen is more vulnerable than Ivanka Trump on Father's Day after a few cloudy spritzers.  

Summary Down Now! Sum'ry down nah!  

who is this disco queen pictured here Mr. Trump?

"Donna Summer"

And how would her name appear in dis here phone book?

"Summer, Donna"

Stretch it out! 

"Sum...ry..." 

And who is this here lady in the black robe holding a mentos?

"Judge.........Mint?"

Put it all together then.

"Sum'ry Judgemint."

(I think this was an SNL sketch with Chery O'Terri and the dude from Spiderman, but you get the idea).  Surly, for all its intellect and education just invented the lamest courtroom drama show in television history.  It's just Trump lawyers asking question of folders and briefs in front of a camera.  Of course the inanimate objects can't answer during cross or direct, but Trump sits there with a big smile on his face while the judge wishes for the sweet release of death.  He issues a Summary Judgement in the series premiere but for some reason the show continues on for 9 seasons.  It's just one Trump lawyer objection after another to which nobody responds because that's not a thing.  But MAGA nation streams it for $19.95/month.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Trump coming to Dallas on 1 November.  Home of Lisa & Kenny Troutt.  Of course, Paxton and Patrick are co-hosts.  

Then on 2 November to Post Oak Hotel in Houston.  If anybody wants to shit in the food supply.  That kitchen is more vulnerable than Ivanka Trump on Father's Day after a few cloudy spritzers.  

Hmmm Texas, November, Presidents (ex) bold move 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

I’m about 5 pages behind but from what I’ve learned about his shell game is he buys a property then inflates the value to use the imaginary equity as collateral to buy the next property creating a house of cards or dominoes. 

He then gets a loan against one of them to pay the notes on the rest of the properties. Taking even one property out of the mix could create a chain reaction where he doesn’t have the cash flow and it all crashes. Normally he would just get some foreign money to cover the gap but now that a conservator is appointed he can’t do that under the radar. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that always a choice?

I just assume everything he says is a lie. I guess you could argue that there are times when he doesn’t have a choice but he lies anyway. Like when it rained during his inauguration. We all saw it rain. We all saw Dubya wrestling with his poncho. He can’t lie about that. But he lied anyway. It’s pathological.

I just assume everything he says is a lie. I guess you could argue that there are times when he doesn’t have a choice but he lies anyway. Like when it rained during his inauguration. We all saw it rain. We all saw Dubya wrestling with his poncho. He can’t lie about that. But he lied anyway. It’s pathological.
It's QVC Home/ Shopping Network run through a malignant narcissistic person. He can't help himself. Best ever, bigly quality, a deal never seem before, act now!

God damn devil.

And people still use TDS. Bro, his sins are all there, no need to be deranged. Rapist, Crook, Clearly he lies about everything like a fire hydrant. But we are overreacting or deranged? Run the tapes.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think whenever he’s faced with a choice between telling the truth and telling a lie, he chooses to tell a lie.

Reminds me of Jerry Clower's description of one of his characters, Dammit Ray: "That boy would climb a tree to tell a lie when he could stand on the ground and tell the truth."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3