A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I haven't read any of the posts about this for several pages now. I appreciate the knowledge that many attorneys provide on this board. The endless arguing over a point and then phrases used to form the argument then a personal grudge match is often too much. 

IMG_2283.gif.5d68cdcf435627543102cadab589ef9c.gif

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Great.  I’ll need a Visa for OU-Texas.  At least you all finally realize Texas sucks too.  

(love my UT libz though!)

You should know by now.... Wherever Texas goes, Oklahoma will beg to tag along.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 1/28/2024 at 2:15 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

If only the profession had a mechanism to do something about those bad apples. 

Nah, you see, it's OK to be an unethical piece of shit so long as you vigorously defend your client.  From what I've learned at Surly, about the only way to get disbarred is to fuck with client funds.  Doesn't Sidney Powell still have her license in Texas?

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Doesn't Sidney Powell still have her license in Texas?

Speak of the devil. This little story popped today

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/29/business/oan-smartmatic-election-lawsuit/index.html

In the wake of the 2020 election, the president of the far-right network One America News sent a potentially explosive email to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with a spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company Smartmatic, according to court filings.

The existence of the spreadsheet was recently disclosed by Smartmatic, which is suing OAN for defamation. CNN pieced together who was involved in the email exchanges by examining court records from three separate cases stemming from the 2020 election.

Lawyers from Smartmatic told a federal judge that the email, and the attached spreadsheet, suggest OAN executives “may have engaged in criminal activities” because they “appear to have violated state and federal laws regarding data privacy.”

The court records don’t say how OAN obtained the spreadsheet, or whether the supposed Smartmatic passwords were authentic. Nobody from OAN has been charged with any crimes. But it came at a time when OAN, Powell and others in their orbit were aggressively peddling false claims that there was massive voter fraud in 2020, and that Smartmatic was to blame.

According to court filings, the supposed passwords were shared around the same time that Powell, her associates and other Trump supporters were trying to improperly access voting systems across the country, to prove their false claims of voter fraud.

The January 8, 2021, email exchange between OAN President Charles Herring and Powell has recently emerged as a flashpoint in Smartmatic’s defamation lawsuit against the pro-Trump network. The email isn’t public, but Smartmatic revealed some of its contents in a public filing after obtaining the materials in the discovery process.

While Smartmatic’s public filings didn’t identify the sender or recipient of the email, court records from a separate 2020-related lawsuit confirm that Herring and Powell exchanged emails on the same date. The pair’s communications about the purported Smartmatic spreadsheet, which have not been previously reported, resurrect questions that have dogged OAN for years regarding its tendency to blur the lines between opinion journalism and brazen political advocacy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lawyers from Smartmatic told a federal judge that the email, and the attached spreadsheet, suggest OAN executives “may have engaged in criminal activities” because they “appear to have violated state and federal laws regarding data privacy.”

Trump publicly flexed his solicitation of third parties (Russia) to violate data privacy laws regarding Hillary's e-mails in what is now history. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Are they really this dumb? She sells out stadiums all over the world and he can barely get people to come see him for free but sure…he’s way more popular. 

I only hope he really digs his heels in on this one.  And lets face it, those shoes of his have some larger than normal heels.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The founders could never have imagined such great days for the republic.

But lets keep on interpreting the Constitution as if it were the late 1780s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Imagine being a grown up and giving a single fuck about anything having to do with Taylor Swift other than her music if you like it. 

I've been trying to understand this for months.

"OMG, that popular musician is dating that pro athlete! Can you believe it?"

"Yes?" 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Imagine being a grown up and giving a single fuck about anything having to do with Taylor Swift other than her music if you like it. 

Funniest part is they all supposedly gave up on watching the NFL years ago bc of the kneeling. But they can tell you exactly how often Swift is shown on a broadcast 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Yes?" 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Funniest part is they all supposedly gave up on watching the NFL years ago bc of the kneeling. But they can tell you exactly how often Swift is shown on a broadcast 

It's just insane what people choose to get riled up about. They're not cutting away from the fucking game. She's the most famous person in America, of course they're going to show her instead of some random fat fuck in the stands with his face painted, which is what they'd normally be showing during those few seconds.

Hell, I'm in the camp that she's pretty dang good looking. Show literally nothing but the game and her for all I fucking care.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

And anytime they try to claim that they don't care about famous people in their corner

That’s a lie. Most of them are just mad they got shunned from Hollywood or couldn’t hack it or fell out of the limelight 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Yes?" 

They have nothing in common - besides both being rich, both being famous, both being celebrities, and both being essentially the same age.  

This is all a 5D chess plot by President Biden to get people to vote Democrat.  Also, Biden is totally senile.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

What would total maga war against Taylor Swift even look like, aside from Taylor needing to bump up her security? She's a singer. Is Dotard going to talk shit about her most recent album at a rally or something?

32 minutes ago, tokamak said:

It's just insane what people choose to get riled up about. They're not cutting away from the fucking game. She's the most famous person in America, of course they're going to show her instead of some random fat fuck in the stands with his face painted, which is what they'd normally be showing during those few seconds.

Hell, I'm in the camp that she's pretty dang good looking. Show literally nothing but the game and her for all I fucking care.

Better than cuts to Jerry Jones or Tommy Davito’s ridiculous agent. 

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What would total maga war against Taylor Swift even look like, aside from Taylor needing to bump up her security? She's a singer. Is Dotard going to talk shit about her most recent album at a rally or something?

Concerts getting shot up or car bombed. Teen girls wearing Taylor shirts getting harassed, beaten, raped, killed. You know, the usual. 

• Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Better than cuts to Jerry Jones or Tommy Davito’s ridiculous agent. 

I’d rather they cut a celebrity than the owner’s box where the millionaires are yucking it up while their team is losing by 14 (Dallas) bc they’ll still make a boatload from the game 

• Rage+1 1

War campaigns usually follow the lead of the General. So lots of terroristic online threats, lies, misogyny, overt threats of rape and pussy grabbing, whining about how unfair it all is, and some Big Mac dinners with, hopefully, no overt action.

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

fox news already went to body shaming