A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Help? Is dealing 3-card monte not something a person can do by themselves? 

My friend was part of a three-man operation.

Dealer: has the never-ending patter, keeps the cards going.

Muscle: stands off to the side, comes in if needed.

Shill (my buddy): pretends to play, "wins" some money, whispers to drunk sailors that he noticed that one card has a bent corner.

Works like a vacuum cleaner for money.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The company lost $58 million last year on $4 million in revenue, less than the average Chick-fil-A franchise

This.....this number is the one that is absolutely jaw-dropping.

Imagine putting up a single Chick-fil-A franchise up on the stock market.....and it drawing the kabillion dollars of investment DJT has.  The entire world would be asking WTF?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.....this number is the one that is absolutely jaw-dropping.

Imagine putting up a single Chick-fil-A franchise up on the stock market.....and it drawing the kabillion dollars of investment DJT has.  The entire world would be asking WTF?

LOL.  Trying to imagine the annual proxy of a single Chick-fil-A franchise.  The Company's material risk factors include Ted getting too stoned to man the fryer or a disgruntled customer with a one-star vendetta on Yelp.  The summary comp table includes the owner and a couple of teenagers who incurred a lot of overtime.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

What's the price it has to trade at for how long to free up his ability to sell? 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I think I saw somewhere in this thread that he's going to be awarded 35M more shares if the stock trades at $30 or more for 15 or 20 consecutive days, something like that. I mean hasn't it already accomplished that as it just went below $30 for the first time on Friday?

Can't you just leave this info blank on the SEC filings and figure it out later to maximize profits for Trump?

Just a few days now and we will hear Trump recount how  big strong accountants with tears in their eyes keep approaching him on the street, hugging him while confessing they have never seen such strong accountings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

My friend was part of a three-man operation.

Dealer: has the never-ending patter, keeps the cards going.

Muscle: stands off to the side, comes in if needed.

Shill (my buddy): pretends to play, "wins" some money, whispers to drunk sailors that he noticed that one card has a bent corner.

Works like a vacuum cleaner for money.

Most every time I've seen it, the shill is a woman.

• Hook 'Em 3

A beta/volatility like that would certainly concern options traders and short-term holders, but for a 10-year hold---it's not that crazy.  Even with that 52-week range delta.  

Trouble for holders of this issue, is---it isn't a 10-year hold.  It was propped up to get him some liquidity for his trials (one of which literally started at the opening bell this morning), to pay back the RNC on a kind of 1:3 ratio, and of course to use for campaign expenses.  There's a 6-month shelf-life to this stock but they're treating the Beta levels like it's a 100-year S&P look-ahead.  And oh yeah, ranges like this---yeah, always a great idea to issue millions more shares.  That should help, right?  

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

"People get greedy, they get stupid" --my buddy who used to help run a 3-card Monte game.

If any of you have a Truth Social account, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spam it with a message along the lines of "I took some money out of my 401K and bought another 300 shares of Trump stock, who's with me?"

image.png.2d38b0bcd81ed915e521670734bc835d.png

• Haha 3
  • Drool 2

Posted (edited)

It's 24.22  23.86 at this  moment.  (Hell, it lost a over a quarter in value in 7 minutes)

And somewhere, someone is thinking "I'll go sell my Dale Earnhardt collectible plates and some Beanie Babies Tricia had put back and buy some more stock".

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's 24.22 at this  moment.

And somewhere, someone is thinking "I'll go sell my Dale Earnhardt collectible plates and some Beanie Babies Tricia had put back and buy some more stock".

We're getting close to the point where this stock will be cheaper than toilet paper, and it's probably just as good to wipe your ass with.

9 minutes ago, dcbc said:

We're getting close to the point where this stock will be cheaper than toilet paper, and it's probably just as good to wipe your ass with.

There was a clever Simpsons scene ~25 years ago where Bart wants to work at this over-valued .com startup.  And he starts asking financial questions and the boss asks him what it will take to end this conversation.  So Bart says something outlandish like "10,000 shares of your company", and the guy turns around and there's stock certificates on a toilet/paper towel roll and he rips off 10,000 of 'em and says, "Then, it's done."  I hadn't thought about that in decades, but seems very appropriate here if anybody wants to find the scene, we could mock it up for Truth Social.  

• Drool 1

I thought I remembered the shares being on a toilet paper roll.  It was 20 years ago and I was a drunk law school student.  

There's a Truth Social meme/gif edit in here somewhere though.  

Which invariably will lead to "Truth Social 2.0"........This Time, We Mean It! 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Bullneck said:

SIAP

image.png.fdaa0b1e1e683d19c4b069e65c00e0ab.png

Considering that Trump isn’t actually that wealthy, this should be directed to all the billionaires and multi billion dollar corporations that avoid paying taxes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I thought I remembered the shares being on a toilet paper roll.  It was 20 years ago and I was a drunk law school student.  

Hell, with over 30 seasons of Simpsons to sift through,  what you are describing could have easily happened, but I couldn't find it.

Check out Frinkiac, for it has every Simpsons episode for the first 17 seasons. 

• Drool 1

33 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There was a clever Simpsons scene ~25 years ago where Bart wants to work at this over-valued .com startup.  And he starts asking financial questions and the boss asks him what it will take to end this conversation.  So Bart says something outlandish like "10,000 shares of your company", and the guy turns around and there's stock certificates on a toilet/paper towel roll and he rips off 10,000 of 'em and says, "Then, it's done."  I hadn't thought about that in decades, but seems very appropriate here if anybody wants to find the scene, we could mock it up for Truth Social.  

Yep.  Timely then with the dot.com bubble.  It's called "I Am Furious Yellow."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Furious_(Yellow)

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It was.  They keep paying them over time.

Oh, and today's press announcement is helping to crater the price:  coming soon, streaming TV.  Honestly smells like an attempt to boost the price, but looks like it has failed:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/16/trump-media-shares-fall-7percent-after-saying-truth-social-to-launch-tv-streaming-platform.html

Trump Media shares fell by more than 10% on Tuesday morning after the company announced its Truth Social platform is moving to launch a live TV streaming platform.

The plummet of DJT shares came a day after they closed more than 18% lower.

Trump Media’s majority shareholder is former President Donald Trump, who holds nearly 60% of its stock. Trump is in court in New York for jury selection in his criminal hush money case.

The company’s market capitalization has decreased by more than $5 billion since its stock began public trading on March 26 after a merger with shell company Digital World Acquisition Corp.

Trump Media shares that day opened at more than $70 and soared to nearly $80.

Shares were selling for $25.11 as of 10:11 a.m. ET Tuesday.

Earlier Tuesday, Trump Media in a press release said it “has finished the research and development phase of its new live TV streaming platform and will begin scaling up its own content delivery network.”

The company said it will roll out streaming content in three phases, the first of which will introduce Truth Social’s content delivery network for streaming live TV to the app for Android, iOS and web.

Phase two will release stand-alone Truth Social streaming apps for phones, tablets and other devices, while phase three will release such apps for home television, Trump Media said.

And because other broadcasters are just too fucking woke:

Spoiler

“The streaming content is expected to focus on live TV including news networks, religious channels, family-friendly content including films and documentaries; and other content that has been cancelled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services,” Trump Media said in its release.

CEO Devin Nunes in a prepared statement said, “We’re excited to move forward with the next big phase for Truth Social.”

“With our streaming content, we aim to provide a permanent home for high-quality news and entertainment that face discrimination by other channels and content delivery service,” Nunes said. “There is a lot of great content that simply can’t find an audience for unjust reasons, and we want to let these creators know they’ll soon have a guaranteed platform where they won’t be cancelled.”

• Haha 3

I knew there was a toilet paper dispenser involved!  I am going crazy, but at least I can remember shit from 23 years ago!  

I mean with Donald posting on Truth Social from the toilet, the ridiculous valuation, the issuance of more nearly-worthless shares, plus the clogging up of toilets in the White House and Mar-a-Lago with official papers and classified documents instead of toilet tissue.  I mean c'mon, this simulation is just re-writing itself.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Down 11.5% so far today, and we still have 4+ more hours of trading.

The reason for the freefall is they filed to release more shares, diluting the value of the existing shares. And guess who's going to get the majority (all?) of the new shares. The drop is is based on the application, and hasn't actually happened yet which will probably drive the stock price even lower.

More shares of shit is still shit. Market cap on March 27 was over $8B+, now it's $3.3B. Still a substantial amount, but let's see where it is when Sleepy Don is finally allowed to sell.

Speculating... do you think he'll try to sell more of his shares at once, or a portion at a time? Selling shares just send share prices down even further. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, and today's press announcement is helping to crater the price:  coming soon, streaming TV.  Honestly smells like an attempt to boost the price, but looks like it has failed:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/16/trump-media-shares-fall-7percent-after-saying-truth-social-to-launch-tv-streaming-platform.html

And because other broadcasters are just too fucking woke:

Hide contents

“The streaming content is expected to focus on live TV including news networks, religious channels, family-friendly content including films and documentaries; and other content that has been cancelled, is at risk of cancellation, or is being suppressed on other platforms and services,” Trump Media said in its release.

CEO Devin Nunes in a prepared statement said, “We’re excited to move forward with the next big phase for Truth Social.”

“With our streaming content, we aim to provide a permanent home for high-quality news and entertainment that face discrimination by other channels and content delivery service,” Nunes said. “There is a lot of great content that simply can’t find an audience for unjust reasons, and we want to let these creators know they’ll soon have a guaranteed platform where they won’t be cancelled.”

AKA, the "Dukes of Hazzard" channel?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Speculating... do you think he'll try to sell more of his shares at once, or a portion at a time? Selling shares just send share prices down even further. 

What part of the dump part of ‘pump and dump’ is confusing?

if I had a crystal ball, I would say he sells them all at once, after first telling everyone that his stock is a good long-term play.   And then he immediately sells whatever number of shares he has for whatever it will bring, and makes a shit ton of money off of the yokels. 

I predict he will say he did it because he was concerned about all the people sending him small donations, and he wanted to be sure he could pay for his defense himself…… and then stating it was still not enough money and he sure could use another five dollars. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

What part of the dump part of ‘pump and dump’ is confusing?

if I had a crystal ball, I would say he sells them all at once, after first telling everyone that his stock is a good long-term play.   And then he immediately sells whatever number of shares he has for whatever it will bring, and makes a shit ton of money off of the yokels. 

I predict he will say he did it because he was concerned about all the people sending him small donations, and he wanted to be sure he could pay for his defense himself…… and then stating it was still not enough money and he sure could use another five dollars. 

Of course he'll sell them all as soon as the opportunity presents itself. This is found money after all.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

If Fidelity could have found shares for me to short, I could be retiring soon. This thing was always going to be in the fast lane to Zero.

I was able to short on E-Trade yesterday at 26.85.  I figured I had missed the boat and had stopped trying but after reading here about the rubes sinking their life savings into it, I jumped in.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2