A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Because there’s nothing for them to debate. They have no policies. 

Do you even "greatest economy EVAH, libtard?" And remember Trump rebuilt our military. We didn't have bombs or bullets or even planes except for the invisible stealth ones. America was a laughing stock and disrespected the day before Trump took office. Then, because Trump told his minions this 100X a day, suddenly everything about America was the greatest and the best and super-duperest. Because he was so awesome. Better than Washington. Better than Lincoln. What more proof does need other than 4 years of his Twitter shit posting?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Okay, My apologies for coming on here and accidentally stirring things up. I was attempting to just explain to Diggler, with a little color, that Trump is toast because I thought Diggler was convinced that Trump would get the nomination. And I believe he is wrong. That’s all.

Your "woe is me" act is pathetic. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Do you even "greatest economy EVAH, libtard?" And remember Trump rebuilt our military. We didn't have bombs or bullets or even planes except for the invisible stealth ones. America was a laughing stock and disrespected the day before Trump took office. Then, because Trump told his minions this 100X a day, suddenly everything about America was the greatest and the best and super-duperest. Because he was so awesome. Better than Washington. Better than Lincoln. What more proof does need other than 4 years of his Twitter shit posting?

Since Trump is still running on “Make America Great Again,” isn’t that an admission that he failed to make America great in his one term as President?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Since Trump is still running on “Make America Great Again,” isn’t that an admission that he failed to make America great in his one term as President?

Of course not. It’s “Make America Great Again, Like I Made It Great During My Presidency, But Then Joe Biden Made It Ungreat.” Harder to fit on a hat.

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Of course not. It’s “Make America Great Again, Like I Made It Great During My Presidency, But Then Joe Biden Made It Ungreat.” Harder to fit on a hat.

Make America Great Again, Again! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Apparently racist pieces of shit don’t answer polling surveys

This.  The followers of the "Cheeto oracle to the disgusting racists"

under-represent in polling, partly due to their lunatic paranoia.

Edited by TeeDubya

25 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Plus he tried the slogan “Keep America Great” but it didn’t take. Whatever the rubes are buying, sell that. 

7 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

I know better than to post in this forum because I don’t think the way most here do.

BUT, you are wrong about 2024.

Look, I’m a republican and voted for Trump. I liked a lot of the policies that he implemented. I don’t want to debate those here, that’s not why I’m posting.

To your point - Trump is toast among virtually every republican that I know, which is a big percentage of everyone in my orbit. He’s lost all goodwill that he ever had.

We don’t want to deal with all of his bullshit anymore. I think that is going to be reflected in national polling too. He doesn’t know it yet, but he is done.

Of course, you probably know this, but Desantis is going to be the guy everyone rallies behind.

Right now it's basically a two horse race between Trump and Desantis. Other people will enter and split up the non-Trump vote just like 2016. Cruz, Youngkin, Tim Scott, Haley, maybe Pence, maybe Abbott.

Trump won 34% of the votes cast on Super Tuesday in 2016. That won him 7 of 11 states and he started consolidating the race after that. You honestly think there's not 35-ish percent of the Republican primary electorate that will never abandon Trump?

• Hook 'Em 2

Donald Trump is the favorite until he loses some primaries. No anecdotal evidence will change that. Tons of polls said he had no chance the first time around. They were wrong. Apparently racist pieces of shit don’t answer polling surveys. Desantis is leading the polls now, but let’s see how he does once Trump starts tearing him apart by tweet. 

TL/DR.

But Trump is toast.

Donald Trump is the favorite until he loses some primaries. No anecdotal evidence will change that. Tons of polls said he had no chance the first time around. They were wrong. Apparently racist pieces of shit don’t answer polling surveys. Desantis is leading the polls now, but let’s see how he does once Trump starts tearing him apart by tweet. 

Correct.

A) The rank and file love him.  Look at how many of his horribly flawed endorsees won their primaries in 2022 over more electable Republicans. 

B) The primary polling shows DeSantis wins higher educated voters.  That's not the GOP primary base anymore.  Trump crushes with the low education voters.  They show up for him. 

C) It will not be a 1v1 race.  DeSantis, Trump, some moderates like Sununu/Hogan, some other craptastic figures like Hawley, Cruz, etc. - Trump will win with 35% of the vote, yet again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I hope you’re forced to vote for his loser ass for the next three elections.

Something that hasn't occurred to me. As long as he keeps losing he can keep running, and that keeps all the grift opportunities alive.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horndog said:

Something that hasn't occurred to me. As long as he keeps losing he can keep running, and that keeps all the grift opportunities alive.  

He's gunning for a new record - William Jennings Bryan lost 3 times (1896, 1900, 1908).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Plus he tried the slogan “Keep America Great” but it didn’t take. Whatever the rubes are buying, sell that. 

That doesn't work to continue their endless victim mentality.  If America is already "great", they wouldn't have something to be angry at.  It will never be "great" in their minds, even if they got everything they wanted (they don't know what they want anyway).

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Okay, My apologies for coming on here and accidentally stirring things up. I was attempting to just explain to Diggler, with a little color, that Trump is toast because I thought Diggler was convinced that Trump would get the nomination. And I believe he is wrong. That’s all.

Um, if you're seeing someone clutching their pearls, you're likely looking in a mirror. 

I asked honest questions of someone who said they voted for Trump. Curiosity isn't the same thing as being stirred up, but running away is akin to intellectual cowardice.

You want to believe that you stirred everyone up because you evidently must believe that we're the ones driven by outrage and hate. Projection, look into it.

Lastly, the comment about you using the handle Victor Lazlo is so very apt. It's bitter irony that you use a symbol of courage in the face of tyranny.

So many other responses were measured and astute. You tut-tut your way to the exit to return to the coterie and share stories of how mean the Cloak Room Cabal is.

This has been a civil discussion, but your actions and inactions will likely make us enemies one day. Actual, literal enemies and you will believe it is me who is a threat to the grand old flag.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Only if he emulates all the despicable traits and policies of Trump. Desantis is the great hope of what is now the mainstream GOP. If you are encouraged by him, I wonder what the "bullshit" that turned you off on Trump actually is.

Seriously, what is the bullshit you're talking about? I get the feeling that you may just be disgusted because Trump destroyed his viability to continue carrying the flag for the hateful right. 

I liked a lot of the policies that he implemented. I don’t want to debate those here, that’s not why I’m posting.

You like his substance such as it is, but you're sick of his bullshit. Sounds like the bullshit is comprised of only superficial aspects of Trump. 

I know you don't want to discuss policy, but where do you stand with the Jan. 6 insurrection? Where do you stand with elected GOPs obstructing the investigation of that day and shamelessly lying about the events? Where do you stand with GOPs refusing to be interviewed by the committee?

What in the world makes Desantis palatable? Do you believe gays are grooming children for sex in our elementary schools? Do you believe the Covid vaccines were part of some inexplicable evil conspiracy? Do you think lying to aliens awaiting word of their standing in order to transport them to unsuspecting communities is a valid policy? How is DeSantis substantially different from Trump?

I haven't called you a name. I haven't written in a snide or derogatory fashion. It appears to me that if you have hope for Desantis then you are a MAGA Republican. Am I wrong?

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That doesn't work to continue their endless victim mentality.  If America is already "great", they wouldn't have something to be angry at.  It will never be "great" in their minds, even if they got everything they wanted (they don't know what they want anyway).

It’s always fun to ask them when America was great and why it was.   They don’t know what they really want, it’s just about being angry at the libs.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

I know better than to post in this forum because I don’t think the way most here do.

BUT, you are wrong about 2024.

Look, I’m a republican and voted for Trump. I liked a lot of the policies that he implemented. I don’t want to debate those here, that’s not why I’m posting.

To your point - Trump is toast among virtually every republican that I know, which is a big percentage of everyone in my orbit. He’s lost all goodwill that he ever had.

We don’t want to deal with all of his bullshit anymore. I think that is going to be reflected in national polling too. He doesn’t know it yet, but he is done.

Of course, you probably know this, but Desantis is going to be the guy everyone rallies behind.

I was wondering what happened to make this thread jump so many pages in a couple of days. New news on Trump? No. Another big announcement? No. 

Just a cunt walked in...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He's gunning for a new record - William Jennings Bryan lost 3 times (1896, 1900, 1908).

well played.  That's a great factoid to know for bar bets that I remember from some PoliSci class.  The guy's name just sounds like was President sometime between the Civil War and WWI.  But he lost three times, including the same race (1896) three times because he changed parties twice.  

Trump will lose the popular vote three times which will match WJB, but he'll still have won the 2016 EC.  But WJB also wasn't impeached twice.  But he was respected by multiple parties, was an accomplished statesman, and by all accounts a man of family and faith.  

However, the common thread of Bryan and Trump is spine-tingling.  The little I remember reading about him is Menken considered Bryan to be the originator of southern anti-intellectualism.  Not just Jim Crow and voter suppression, but a full on rejection of facts and information in exchange for more comforting narratives and cautionary tales about the educated coming to exploit the common man.  What many blame on Bush, or Reagan, or even Trump really started with Bryan.  Over a century ahead of his time, and oh yeah---Trump and Bryan were both Florida real estate "developers"    

But Bryan lost three times, and there is no historical record that be bitched and moaned and called the elections into question.  He took it like an adult and continued his public service.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

well played.  That's a great factoid to know for bar bets that I remember from some PoliSci class.  The guy's name just sounds like was President sometime between the Civil War and WWI.  But he lost three times, including the same race (1896) three times because he changed parties twice.  

Trump will lose the popular vote three times which will match WJB, but he'll still have won the 2016 EC.  But WJB also wasn't impeached twice.  But he was respected by multiple parties, was an accomplished statesman, and by all accounts a man of family and faith.  

However, the common thread of Bryan and Trump is spine-tingling.  The little I remember reading about him is Menken considered Bryan to be the originator of southern anti-intellectualism.  Not just Jim Crow and voter suppression, but a full on rejection of facts and information in exchange for more comforting narratives and cautionary tales about the educated coming to exploit the common man.  What many blame on Bush, or Reagan, or even Trump really started with Bryan.  Over a century ahead of his time, and oh yeah---Trump and Bryan were both Florida real estate "developers"    

But Bryan lost three times, and there is no historical record that be bitched and moaned and called the elections into question.  He took it like an adult and continued his public service.  

Plus there’s Inherit the Wind and The Wizard of Oz. 

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Plus there’s Inherit the Wind and The Wizard of Oz. 

Well the Flying Monkeys certainly do run contrary to Bryan's fierce anti-evolutionism/Scopes Trial.  

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if Darwin is correct and we descended from primates...why are there still Monkeys living on our planet?"  /HerschelJenningsWalkerBryan

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, abuelo gringo said:

Eugene Debs says HMB.

I was just going for major party candidates.

Debs ran 4 times, including once from prison (1904, 1908, 1912, 1920).  

He never won more than 913k votes, never got more than 6% of the vote and never won a single electoral vote. 

Of course, Trump could also try running from prison, or he can be Teddy Roosevelt 2.0, call the primary rigged and then run third party

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Well the focus groups came back and you can't motivate the R base with things are good.  They only respond to the medulla oblongata fight/flight response of grievance politics.

49 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I always chuckle a little when I hear "Oh I like his policies, but not his behavior" or whatever. Donald Trump, famous policy wonk. 

Considering how much time and effort he put into his coup attempt, I believe that has to be categorized as policy.  

See previous post.  They think the grievances were actual policies enacted into law but really it was the tone or messaging they like.

• Those people are bad
  • Those other people are bad
  • I'm the only one that will stand up to the bad people
  • I'm just like you and I hate bad people too
  • Look at what the bad people in congress are doing, they are coming after me for supporting you
  • Don't you want me to be the shield to protect you from the bad people
  • I did nothing wrong, they are only after me because I support you

Trump's actual policy accomplishments:

1. Tax cut for rich and tax increase for middle and lower class
  2. Federal funds to build a useless wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for but contracts went to his buddies
  3. Almost split NATO
  4. Appointed 3 Supreme Court Justices
  5. Laid the basis for current inflation with the short sighted stimulus packages that were too large and were another crony grift
  6. Buddied up to dictators
  7. Increased the costs for Americans to buy from China and reduced out exports at the same time
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well the Flying Monkeys certainly do run contrary to Bryan's fierce anti-evolutionism/Scopes Trial.  

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if Darwin is correct and we descended from primates...why are there still Monkeys living on our planet?"  /HerschelJenningsWalkerBryan

You know he is the cowardly lion, right?

22 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Well the focus groups came back and you can't motivate the R base with things are good.  They only respond to the medulla oblongata fight/flight response of grievance politics.

See previous post.  They think the grievances were actual policies enacted into law but really it was the tone or messaging they like.

• Those people are bad
  • Those other people are bad
  • I'm the only one that will stand up to the bad people
  • I'm just like you and I hate bad people too
  • Look at what the bad people in congress are doing, they are coming after me for supporting you
  • Don't you want me to be the shield to protect you from the bad people
  • I did nothing wrong, they are only after me because I support you

Trump's actual policy accomplishments:

1. Tax cut for rich and tax increase for middle and lower class
  2. Federal funds to build a useless wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for but contracts went to his buddies
  3. Almost split NATO
  4. Appointed 3 Supreme Court Justices
  5. Laid the basis for current inflation with the short sighted stimulus packages that were too large and were another crony grift
  6. Buddied up to dictators
  7. Increased the costs for Americans to buy from China and reduced out exports at the same time

You forgot his primary policy accomplishment.  Cruelty.  He's given everyone who's not a white, Christian, straight man fear for their safety or the safety of their families.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1