Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Adding a 5-star offensive tackle would be nice. It has worked out well with the last one we got.

I’m guessing the sell for Baker is best case he takes Jones spot at RT and then slides over to LT after Banks goes in the top 5 the following year…

Worst case be backs up as the swing tackle if someone emerges over the summer and slots into RT/LT the year afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The best 0-2 team in the country keeps reloading!

I mean there’s a lot hating on this guy for choosing tech but we’d expect a longhorn legacy to chose the horns even in down years.  I can respect dudes loyalty.  NFL can find you especially if you’re a WR.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Who gives a shit. Enjoy playing for Tech in the new Big 12. You won’t ever face us 

Half of their culture is built upon and gets up to play Texas.  Now they have to get motivated to play Utah, BYU and the rest of the gang that can't come close to filing a 100k seat stadium.  And they won't get to play in a top tier bowl unless they go undefeated, while selling not playing the biggest in state schools and former rivals.  Unless Texas and Agro U have a mediocre year, then they get to sell TTech playing in a bowl against a team whose upper class star players most likely sit out.  

But fuck all that, they don't even get to play spoiler to undefeated Texas hopes of playing in the National Championship Game, which has to be among, if not the biggest win/moment in their school's history.  If this is what they're selling a 5 star, that can't get anybody else to partner up to buy into the same notion, then best of luck to the kid.  Good luck on the plains and all the small places you'll be playing in regularly.  Hopefully, you'll achieve those all world stats, surrounded by what ifs.               

2 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

the shitty Brock or the other shitty Brock?

They're all SHITTY!

Dad? SHITTY!

Bro?  SHITTY!

Yet-to-be-born progeny? SHITTY.

You can tell by the names of the future progeny:

- Will B. Shitty

- Sure Lee Shitty

- Guaran T. Shitty

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I’m guessing the sell for Baker is best case he takes Jones spot at RT and then slides over to LT after Banks goes in the top 5 the following year…

Worst case be backs up as the swing tackle if someone emerges over the summer and slots into RT/LT the year afterwards.

worst case?  for a true freshman?  that’s quite a take. 

9 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

They pitch is come here and get developed. Cam Williams and others aren’t conceding any tackle spot without a hell of a fight. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

This post (from another thread) reminded me about the Conner/Foster/Milroe/Adeleye childhood friends deal. Conner isn't particularly good, but he's here in the top 5 with us. Foster's in a toxic shithole. Adeleye was in that same toxic shithole but transferred to a different toxic shithole this offseason. Milroe's in a better spot and I get much less schadenfreude from his struggles given the Herman/Yurcich bullshittery in his recruitment

Crazy how fast the turns can table

Related: fuck the brocks

Milroe would have been a beast in Tom Herman’s power spread offense. He really ought to look for a transfer in the off-season to a school that runs a scheme that suits his skill set. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Milroe would have been a beast in Tom Herman’s power spread offense. He really ought to look for a transfer in the off-season to a school that runs a scheme that suits his skill set. 

I know a team that can make this type of QB into a draftable RB.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We need to ease up on the Brocks at this point. In hindsight, they actually did us a massive solid by not coming here. It expedited Herman's departure. It opened up the Texas depth chart so we could take that massive Oline haul in 2022. If they had come here, it would be example number 1027 how Texas can't develop five star talent. It wasted two scholarship spots at Bama at the opportunity cost of taking a couple of linemen who could actually play. Anybody else notice them having to start a true freshman at LT and him giving up sacks to Burke and Hill?

Fuck the Brocks? I don't think so. Thank you, Brocks. 

This is the way

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

We need to ease up on the Brocks at this point. In hindsight, they actually did us a massive solid by not coming here. It expedited Herman's departure. It opened up the Texas depth chart so we could take that massive Oline haul in 2022. If they had come here, it would be example number 1027 how Texas can't develop five star talent when in hindsight they were completely over ranked and maxed out in high school. It wasted two scholarship spots at Bama at the opportunity cost of taking a couple of linemen who could actually play. Anybody else notice them having to start a true freshman at LT and him giving up sacks to Burke and Hill?

Fuck the Brocks? I don't think so. Thank you, Brocks. 

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Could be great in the wildcat. Strong runner with a strong arm is clearly what you want in that package. Somebody out there could get way more out of his potential than jolly St. Nick did Saturday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls