Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Per 247 - not sure all are up to date but this is per their website right now...

5* who haven't signed yet:

• Ryan Williams | WR | Alabama
  • Jordan Seaton | Seaton OT | Colorado/Maryland
  • Terry Bussey | ATH | ATM
  • Dominick McKinley | DL | ATM

Above average 4* who haven't signed yet: 

• Gatlin Bair | WR | Michigan
  • Dealyn Evans | DL | ATM
  • Zavier Mincey | S | FL
  • Bradley Shaw | LB | AR
  • Jericho Johnson | DL | OR
  • Daniel Hill | RB | AL/SC
  • Aaron Butler | WR | Calabasas, CA (I used to work there - $$$ people - but not me) | Uncommitted
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

That bitch is nothing but a keyboard warrior who talks shit on the internet but would shit his pants in real life if he tried to stand up to me. I take that bitch to the cleaners. 

You want me to move on fine I'm moving on Carry on. But doesn't change the fact that he's a cowardly little fucking cunt. I have zero respect for keyboard tough guys.

See ya cunts.

Wait… did Carl return to finish his war with CTJ?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Per 247 - not sure all are up to date but this is per their website right now...

• Zavier Mincey | S | FL
  • Bradley Shaw | LB | AR
  • Aaron Butler | WR | Calabasas, CA (I used to work there - $$$ people - but not me) | Uncommitted

Sweet, we've got McKinley, Evans, and Butler to keep us entertained through February

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

SIAP- Kinda of Recruiting related

Sark said 3 players who are in the portal will be practicing with the team for bowl practices. Casey Cain, Sawyer GW, and someone else.

Sounds like he’s changed his stance on if you enter portal you’re done. More of a case by case basis, which is probably smart. 

If Texas was playing in any other bowl game, I bet those players would be gone. This is something special for this group of players and this team.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

That bitch is nothing but a keyboard warrior who talks shit on the internet but would shit his pants in real life if he tried to stand up to me. I take that bitch to the cleaners. 

You want me to move on fine I'm moving on Carry on. But doesn't change the fact that he's a cowardly little fucking cunt. I have zero respect for keyboard tough guys.

See ya cunts.

What was this random bit of psychosis about?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Sark said 3 players who are in the portal will be practicing with the team for bowl practices. Casey Cain, Sawyer GW, and someone else.

Sounds like he’s changed his stance on if you enter portal you’re done. More of a case by case basis, which is probably smart. 

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If Texas was playing in any other bowl game, I bet those players would be gone. This is something special for this group of players and this team.

Paraphrasing, he said that he busted their asses all year with the teams to get to this point and felt bad that they had to get in the portal early to find a home. Sark seems like a damn nice person. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

The starters have to tackle someone in practice. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

The 3rd was Larry Turner Gooden

3 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Old news he said this when the portal opened. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

You boys sure are doing a lot of fucking celebrating for getting 5th place. Are we really satisfied? Strap back in fellas and let’s get our eyes on the prize of bringing home the title of offseason champs. So join me and prepare your Twitter fingers for the new batch of 8th graders who just joined their family plan and let’s tweet at those future gladiators and let them know how much we want them at our school!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Prepare your anus 1

Do you think there might be something a bit different about the situation the team is currently in than in years past that might prompt that change?

4 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

You boys sure are doing a lot of fucking celebrating for getting 5th place. Are we really satisfied? Strap back in fellas and let’s get our eyes on the prize of bringing home the title of offseason champs. So join me and prepare your Twitter fingers for the new batch of 8th graders who just joined their family plan and let’s tweet at those future gladiators and let them know how much we want them at our school!!

Is this sarcasm, or should i really tweet at  8th grade gladiators? 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

• Zavier Mincey | S | FL
  • Bradley Shaw | LB | AR

We are in on four of the seven on3 top 100 not to sign yet. More fun to come. 

28 minutes ago, murphysbackup said:

Is this sarcasm, or should i really tweet at  8th grade gladiators? 

@AP101S is going to put out a spreadsheet of 7th and 8th grade prospects. We'll divide it up, and each of us will be given a list of 100 middle-schoolers to tweet at. That way, we make sure we don't miss anybody. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

Middle schoolers don't tweet. They are either on IG or Snap

Thanks, Billy. I bet you are really happy that you are out of school for Christmas break. Hopefully, your parents have planned a great family vacation for y'all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

@AP101S is going to put out a spreadsheet of 7th and 8th grade prospects. We'll divide it up, and each of us will be given a list of 100 middle-schoolers to tweet at. That way, we make sure we don't miss anybody. 

I'm not allowed within certain yards of a school zone.  Any other suggestions? 

6 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

I read that in Vince Vaughn's voice

wedding crashers comedy GIF

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Getafix said:

You know, to think that next year we're going from 

this ... 

image.thumb.png.38726b4e30757221d91806297ad81838.png

to ... this.

image.thumb.png.2b3902f742c173796998bfde951c2805.png

Oh, and we hopefully win a couple of game in between.

image.png.a00aa2488deb0cbf22cec3f1f963b0b3.png

It all adds up to ... 

Taylor Swift Mua GIF by MOODMAN

Good lord. Next year we’d butt fuck the big 12 up and down the field lol. Much like this year. But damn

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Updated Depth Chart (yes I know Jaden Allen is a CB, not FS, but wanted to save space)

image.thumb.png.f427ab7e2909ff14b4e10db6c8b6bc59.png

I completely forgot about Hunter Moddon already. Just checked his 247 profile and he didn't sign anywhere yesterday, has no crystal balls, and has zero activity on his timeline since his decommitment in June. Wonder what the story is there.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to recruiting:  how is NIL's effect shaking out?  When it was announced, the consensus was that schools like Texas, USC and Notre Dame would start to dominate.  It doesn't seem that's happened yet, although 7-5 and 9-3 seasons probably didn't help those other two programs much, either.

That said, ESPN has Oregon's class ranked #3, which might hint at the power of $$$.  Thoughts?