The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

He shouldn't have sat out 2016.

161129212927-trump-romney-full-169.jpg

look at his grimace.  he knows he's not supposed to be there and he's going to regret this. he doesn't know when, he doesn't know where, he doesn't know how or why.  but he knows.

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Yes, but Trump hasn’t been convicted of anything to pardon.

My concern is that the 25th would leave Trump open to run again in 2024, which he would surely start doing on 1/21.

He can’t be convicted of anything while he’s President. He’d have to be removed from office via impeachment first. And he’s definitely filing for his next Presidential campaign on Jan 21 (again). He’ll keep collecting political donations and paying himself with campaign funds to hold campaign events at his personal properties at inflated rates (again). Political grift is the new family business. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pence is President of the Senate so yes.  They have been saying it all day; probably for almost four years now.

Wait until they have to address Harris as Madam President when she’s presiding. Might kill them 

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

look at his grimace.  he knows he's not supposed to be there and he's going to regret this. he doesn't know when, he doesn't know where, he doesn't know how or why.  but he knows.

lol, that's what I was thinking too.

" Why are you smi... *turns around* oh fuck, a camera"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Xian said:

Yeah. I think trying to wait the clock out is the safest way to proceed, but the cabinet/pence need to be ready to act at a moments notice. 

Listen. I think Trump did some good things for the country. But he's a cunt. I just never thought his cuntiness would get this far. If today wasn't the moment to invoke the 25th then it doesn't exist. He doesn't deserve to go out on his terms. This was complete bullshit and just keeps the American people from getting back to any type of rational discourse. 

• Like 2

He can’t be convicted of anything while he’s President. He’d have to be removed from office via impeachment first. And he’s definitely filing for his next Presidential campaign on Jan 21 (again). He’ll keep collecting political donations and paying himself with campaign funds to hold campaign events at his personal properties at inflated rates (again). Political grift is the new family business. 

I’d expect a TV network, he buys Parler, weekly rallies...

7 minutes ago, pops said:

Listen. I think Trump did some good things for the country. But he's a cunt. I just never thought his cuntiness would get this far. If today wasn't the moment to invoke the 25th then it doesn't exist. He doesn't deserve to go out on his terms. This was complete bullshit and just keeps the American people from getting back to any type of rational discourse. 

Like what?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don't fucking understand this.  What has happened today that would change your belief on the integrity of the electoral results?  Yes, today was a shit stain on American history and deplorable.  But what new facts or conditions do you have to now not object?  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-furiousbut-not-at-the-maga-mob-that-stormed-capitol?ref=home

While the President Trump egged on a mob of his supporters who had stormed the United States Capitol on Wednesday, several of his top aides began to scramble. Their mission, according to three sources familiar with the matter: to try to convince senior White House staffers and cabinet secretaries to stay in the administration, if only just for the night.

The effort has not been completely successful. Stephanie Grisham, the chief of staff to the First Lady and the former White House communications director, quit hours after the insurrection, as CNN first reported. So did Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Matthews. “As someone who worked in the halls of Congress I was deeply disturbed by what I saw today,” she wrot

Several other senior officials said they were considering quitting on the spot after news broke that an individual involved in Wednesday’s events at the Capitol had died as a result of a gunshot wound. Those officials include national security adviser Robert O’Brien, deputy national security adviser Matt Pottinger, and deputy chief of staff Chris Liddell, two sources familiar with the situation said. 

Trump aides and GOP power-brokers including Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) asked all three to remain in their posts until at least tomorrow.

According to those two sources, McConnell (R-KY) has been busy making calls to the White House in an effort to try and maintain cohesiveness for the next few hours at minimum. As Trump aides rushed to keep the departures to a minimum and perform some semblance of damage control, the president vented his fury that politicians and people on cable news were already starting to hold him responsible for the day’s mayhem, according to two people familiar with the situation. Predictably, Trump held the position that it wasn’t his fault, and that a strong public denunciation was not necessary at the time, the sources relayed.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

I don't fucking understand this.  What has happened today that would change your belief on the integrity of the electoral results?  Yes, today was a shit stain on American history and deplorable.  But what new facts or conditions do you have to now not object?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, 40acredropout said:

They saw what happened to Leeroy Jenkins

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

you never believed any of it you were just doing the thing for the power and then you saw you that you don't control it and caught a glimpse of what you are doing and you got scared

*you meaning the cosplay seditionist abandoning your oath in a cynical ploy for political gain

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Because none of them, not one, actually believed it.  They were only egging on a fucking mob.  And it worked. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1