We reserve the right...

RPM

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Something I don't get about the mask mandate lift and resulting lawsuit(s). I thought businesses could basically enforce whatever they want when you are a customer or on their property - short of "you can't eat here you're black". Like, if there wasn't a pandemic, couldn't a business still enforce a mask policy and ask you to leave if you weren't wearing a mask? How is that any different than a restaurant telling you "I think you'd be more comfortable in this, sir"? Maybe I'm misunderstanding where the lines are drawn?

Have you really never seen a sign that says "No shirt, no shoes, no service"?

38 minutes ago, Lobo said:

This woman is aware that she can still access her "money in this bank" via mobile phone apps, computer website, telephone, fax, ATM, USPS, ACH/wire, et. al.  

You are probably overestimating her IQ by a good margin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Was looking to see if she had any connection to my FIL's trumper galvestonians and realized she's a tourist from Grant's Pass, Oregon.

https://conandaily.com/2021/03/13/grants-pass-oregons-terry-lynn-wright-arrested-in-galveston-texas-for-not-wearing-face-mask/

According to Wright, she traveled to Galveston in a recreational van to cross off items off her bucket list. She wanted to close her Bank of America account and the Central City Boulevard location was the only one that was open to her that day she was arrested for not wearing a face mask.

Edited by BearSchlong

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

This woman is aware that she can still access her "money in this bank" via mobile phone apps, computer website, telephone, fax, ATM, USPS, ACH/wire, et. al.  

She got super cunty at the end, but she probably wouldn't have garnered so much hatred and gotten arrested IF at the beginning had she just said, "Look, I have money here, the governor has lifted the mask mandate, I need to make a transaction and I'll be on my way.  I don't know all the rules and exceptions to what Abbott said, but I really need to make this deposit before the end of the month."  She could even have slid in a little, "This is bullshit, I have rights." and probably have gotten away with it, and maybe even allowed to finish her transaction.  But nope, had to make a scene.  

But here's the thing.  There's posters on here salivating and plotting to go into an HEB or Academy or Home Depot or gun range or whatever and not wear a mask so they can make their little stand about their Freedoms!  That's fine, as long as you're not violent or coughing on people, go live your best life---you don't have much to look forward to anyways.  But pro tip........a few places you do not, under circumstances, fuck around and virtue signal your magatry.  Chief among them...a fucking bank.  That's just ultra-level stupidity. 

Do you understand, if a policeman is called to a bank during pandemic or no pandemic, because somebody refuses to leave...they can basically just walk in and start blasting whoever matches the description and there isn't a #BLM member that wouldn't be like, "Yeah, dumb bitch wouldn't budge...she gonna need to take a couple rounds for the trouble."  This isn't like a Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby situation where somebody is gonna wrassle' with the shift manager.  You make any kind of weird physical standoff in a bank, and the police come, either comply immediately or there isn't a hard-left progressive liberal judge in the country that's not gonna rule, "Uh, you didn't listen to an armed cop in the lobby of a fucking bank where you were already asked to leave by staff?  You're fucking lucky cuffed and 30 days in jail is all you're looking at instead of 2 gravediggers tossing dirt onto your casket."  

We're all surly assholes here.  We've all mouthed off at authority now and again.  But you keep your fucking mouth shut, head down, and comply when it comes to banks, airports, border crossings, and government buildings.  That ain't the place to play armchair Libertarian.  

Living in deep red rural Texas, we have plenty of opportunity to run across these morons who think they are so much smarter than the average bear.    They are dying to get people to confront them.  They also tend to talk louder than anyone else, to draw more attention.   

But hadn't thought of the bank implications.  That's a really strong FAAFO deathwish there.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who are you arguing with?

This lady didn't understand the law.  She believed the Q hive.  She's an idiot.  She broke the law.  Arrest made.  Justice served.

I suppose it's worth noting, too, that she wasn't arrested for violation of some mask law.  She was arrested for trespassing or disorderly conduct as a result of refusing to leave when the business rightfully asked her to mask up or GTFO.

Slight, but meaningful distinction, as Abbott has purported to forbid any enforcement/penalty for mask rules/ordinances.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A Colorado man accused of disrupting an Alaska Airlines flight from Seattle to Denver by refusing to wear a mask and then standing up and urinating in the cabin faces a federal charge of interfering with a flight crew and attendants that carries a maximum term of 20 years in prison and a possible $250,000 fine.

The FBI arrested 24-year-old Landon Grier of Canon City after the flight landed March 9, according to an affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Denver.

The affidavit by FBI Special Agent Martin Daniell III, who interviewed Grier and crew members, says Grier appeared to be trying to sleep but swatted at an attendant when she asked him repeatedly to put on his mask, as required by the Federal Aviation Administration.

A passenger later summoned attendants because Grier was urinating in his seat area, Daniell wrote.

The agent said Grier told him he had several beers and “a couple of shots" before boarding the flight, fell asleep on the plane and “awoke to being yelled at by the flight attendants who told him he was peeing."

“He stated he had no recollection of hitting the flight attendant and didn’t know if he was peeing," Daniell said.

Grier made an initial court appearance on Thursday. A federal public defender was appointed to represent him. He was released on $10,000 bond pending his next court appearance set for March 26.

Public defenders do not comment on pending cases, and a call to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Denver for comment wasn't immediately returned late Friday.

In a statement, Alaska Airlines said: “We will not tolerate any disturbance onboard our aircraft or at any of the airports we serve."

14 hours ago, skeeter said:

At least she was given the option of having it done the easy way or the alternative.

I thought he said "the easy way or the hard way." Which is what I used to say to my three year old when she didn't want to take a bath.

Just like this...uh, this... person, the three year old also found out.

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I thought he said "the easy way or the hard way." Which is what I used to say to my three year old when she didn't want to take a bath.

If the toddler model is the approach that cops should take, he should have guided her in singing a song about how angry she was, let her say bye-bye to everyone and everything in the bank, and then told her how proud he was of her for leaving without a tantrum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Was looking to see if she had any connection to my FIL's trumper galvestonians and realized she's a tourist from Grant's Pass, Oregon.

https://conandaily.com/2021/03/13/grants-pass-oregons-terry-lynn-wright-arrested-in-galveston-texas-for-not-wearing-face-mask/

You know, just an ordinary stable person who has a trip to Galveston on her bucket list and then needs to close her bank account IMMEDIATELY while traveling. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, pacman said:

Some of these anti-maskers consider it a violation of their civil rights to require them to wear a mask...yes, they want anti-mask to be a protected class right up there with gender and skin color.

None of these idiots think gender/skin color should be protected classes

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Similar, except the choice given to ours was 'a bath with toys or without.' The bath part was non negotiable.

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

None of these idiots think gender/skin color should be protected classes

True, but they sure do chafe at the idea that the football coach can no longer gather the varsity around him on the field and lead the team in a good Christian prayer instead of the player(s) organically deciding what they'd like to do.

I went to two restaurants in University Park/Preston Hollow the last two days and there were signs saying “masks are recommended”, and nobody wore masks, and nobody was harassed about the lack of a chin diaper.

This makes me think if you think masks are stupid at this stage or the game, go to insulated bubbles where people more or less agree with you, there are pockets out there.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

When I hear someone say the easy way or the hard way, I think of Fleece Johnson, the Booty Warrior.

Side- or related note.  The cop handled her arrest mostly pretty well, I thought.   I do somewhat question the need to cuff and detain her, as I think her offenses were mostly of the cite-and-release variety.  This said without condoning her behavior.  I enjoyed watching her being manhandled in a sick way, but that's not really what we want from our cops.  Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

HOWEVER, there was a point at which she was not respecting his authoritah and he went off a little.  Even said "stop resisting."  One wonders if she was a darker hue if things might have gotten a little (or a lot) worse.

29 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Side- or related note.  The cop handled her arrest mostly pretty well, I thought.   I do somewhat question the need to cuff and detain her, as I think her offenses were mostly of the cite-and-release variety.  This said without condoning her behavior.  I enjoyed watching her being manhandled in a sick way, but that's not really what we want from our cops.  Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

HOWEVER, there was a point at which she was not respecting his authoritah and he went off a little.  Even said "stop resisting."  One wonders if she was a darker hue if things might have gotten a little (or a lot) worse.

If he cites and releases her she's just going back there.

17 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Why are we letting people from Oregon come into our state and break laws? Maybe we should build a wall and make Oregon pay for it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

Why are we letting people from Oregon come into our state and break laws? Maybe we should build a wall and make Oregon pay for it.

It's the Antima(sk) caravans coming to the suburbs? She needs to put the St. Louis home of the McClosky's on her bucket list.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

According to Wright, she traveled to Galveston in a recreational van to cross off items off her bucket list. She wanted to close her Bank of America account and the Central City Boulevard location was the only one that was open to her that day she was arrested for not wearing a face mask.

The comments section:

“God bless this lady and God will take care of all that harm her I pray God’s will will be done with these people in Jesus holy name I have not worn a mask father God said I don’t have to wear a mask I have Jesus Jesus is all I need this was a plan Demic not a pandemic I don’t believe in it and I stand behind this lady 100% as God is my Lord and Savior!”

Talibaptists and that nutter section of the secular world (‘ceptin politics) hating religious right are a huge problem in this country.

Happy Holidays everyone.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose it's worth noting, too, that she wasn't arrested for violation of some mask law.  She was arrested for trespassing or disorderly conduct as a result of refusing to leave when the business rightfully asked her to mask up or GTFO.

Slight, but meaningful distinction, as Abbott has purported to forbid any enforcement/penalty for mask rules/ordinances.

Kinda like I described in the OP

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

THIS is what got her cuffed. She could have peacefully walked outside and had her protest on the public sidewalk, but she chose to challenge the right of a business to enforce security measures on their property. She's obviously some kind of anti-capitalism terrorist.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He sure isn't going to cite & release inside the bank.  She forced his hand, and I'm pretty sure once a cop has to justifiably wrestle with a person to get the handcuffs on, they're taking a ride.

Plus she requested EMS. Shit gets real after that. No walk out the door, uncuff, cite and release. There are procedures they have to follow.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He sure isn't going to cite & release inside the bank.  She forced his hand, and I'm pretty sure once a cop has to justifiably wrestle with a person to get the handcuffs on, they're taking a ride.

I don't disagree that she deserved what she got.

But it also so happens that right at that point, he did kind of go "respect mah authoritah" on her.

In the interest of better policing, he should have said "ma'am, this business has asked you to leave and they have that right.  I'm not going to debate with you on that.  Either you can go outside and leave, or I'm going to arrest you."  Probably would have been about the same outcome, but you never know.

Some of these anti-maskers consider it a violation of their civil rights to require them to wear a mask...yes, they want anti-mask to be a protected class right up there with gender and skin color.

Incorrect. Not up there with skin color or gender, above skin color and gender (et. al).
  • Rage+1 1

Only a vanilla face trash hag such as herself would be so emboldened to act like that.  

I’m comfortable with how the interaction was handled, and I fucking despise police. She fucked around. She found out.

Vanilla-face?

I don't disagree that she deserved what she got.
But it also so happens that right at that point, he did kind of go "respect mah authoritah" on her.
In the interest of better policing, he should have said "ma'am, this business has asked you to leave and they have that right.  I'm not going to debate with you on that.  Either you can go outside and leave, or I'm going to arrest you."  Probably would have been about the same outcome, but you never know.

I thought the cop was lenient actually. Then again I have been handcuffed and had guns drawn on me for the crime of walking home after work and walking along the walking path of a neighborhood park. I was 16.