Austin Mass Shooting

Guest Lobo

Impossible to get confirmed details right now.  12-16 people shot in mass shooting on/near Sixth Street.  Multiple fatalities.  Sounds like police put a stop to it but after it was too late.  We are national news this morning on CNN and not in a good way.  Lots of carrying bikers there tonight for ROT rally and nobody stopped the gunman/gunmen.  

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

“Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.”

if it’s the same as the one in the post above, the description is pretty fucking detailed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, justhookit said:

“Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning. The Austin American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes.”

if it’s the same as the one in the post above, the description is pretty fucking detailed.

yes because he's black and has dreadlocks.  this is stupid.  if the police have a description they have released it should be reported.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Yep. Why in the world would you want to eliminate 85% of the population when you’re desperately looking for someone?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

At least no fatalities…🥺

World starts opening back up and it’s like fuckers can’t help themselves…

Only reason I can think outside of not perpetuating stereotypes for not describing the suspect in the Statesman is that the witnesses may be unclear on who the shooter was. There is always so much confusion surrounding these deals. Downtown Austin is really nothing like I remembered it. The couple of times I have been in the last few years…I’d rather get drunk at the local Applebee’s bar or stay in North Austin. Sucks.

Only thing I could find scouring all the local news stories:

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Sixth street has been a ghetto piece of shit for for decades. Wipe that fucking place off the earth.

Right next to the fucking police station 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡 but hey!!! Dwi’s are down and we showed some punks who’s really boss with some PI’s thrown out. Music capital of the world!!!!

Thank Christ for campus and the few remained secrets in this town. Christ 

25 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Yep. Why in the world would you want to eliminate 85% of the population when you’re desperately looking for someone?

Heck, if you include male, skinny and dreads it narrows it down to about 3 guys.

But we would rather the shooter go free than perpetuate any stereotypes about skinny dudes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sounds like a great night. Hoping those with more serious injuries will be ok. Cameras everywhere so should be able to see if it was a bar fight or someone with an agenda just firing into the crowd. It is starting to sound more like a fucker with an agenda and not a bar fight. Based on the stuff that’s out there. 

woke up to this news. glad to hear  so far its just wounded folks.....

the only part that I had to be incredulous at was the spokesman telling the reporters that someone walked into an urgent care clinic with multiple gunshot wounds.....

uh....  what?

"uh yes urgent care,  i need to check in please...   yep got shot a few times just need some bandages.. thanks. "

Edited by AUS-97HORN