2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Hand off to Bijan and throw to X.  OL is a work in progress but they were good enough by the end of the year and we're hoping for some portal magic.

You left out hit some really easy throws that open up other things for your offense. 

Looks like Ewers dad wasn’t bullshitting. 
If Sarkisian fails to land Ewers, he should be fired before Christmas. Just end it and start over. If he lands Ewers, he gets an all-time get out of jail free card and I get $1000. 

I’m afraid to ask, do you think Ewers comes here?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Sarkisian fails to land Ewers, he should be fired before Christmas. Just end it and start over. If he lands Ewers, he gets an all-time get out of jail free card and I get $1000. 

Just now, immamac said:

THIS - If he lands ewers and with him 3 of the 5 OL because of it he gets a complete pass on 2020 from me. If he misses on Ewers he's dead to me. 

De Acuerdo Agree GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm already prepared for him to go elsewhere, we don't get nice things like this. One way or the other this kid feels like he has a very high bust potential just because mentally he doesn't seem like a "team" guy. But fuck it, doesn't seem like Sarks scheme is very difficult, just that the current guys don't have the physical skills needed and he does.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

CTJ, you have done work with NIL, you have done work breaking this story a few weeks back. But all of this is for not if you fail to do the work required to get this guy here. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

How hard will Aggy actually recruit him? Weigman is supposed to be their savior and a guy their whole class has rallied around.

I'm guessing they'll still go hard for him, but idk, maybe not quite as hard.

Ewers is way better than Weigmann and all the 22 guys know Ewers well already. They wouldn't give a shit if Weigmann was kicked to the curb.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m here.  We had an injury stipulation right?  If Ballard or lord are too injured to compete the bet is voided?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look man, this is the biggest layup in the history of layups. 
you have a super well respected offensive mind with a guy who has put multiple QB’s some of them shitty, in the first round 

he coaches at the flagship university in the state at a place you grew up rooting for 

you can monetize the shit out of this thing- maybe to the tune of 8 figures, in your time here 

you saw what it looked like to lose a competition, and here you would be the starter from day 1 of the spring 

you actually have a really talented WR and Uber talented RV already in the stable, and if you came getting WR #2 and TE #1 would be a layup. 

if Sark can’t close on this firing on the spot might not be enough. I would suggest keelhaul him and then hang his worthless ass from a yard arm. 
if we get him and Gary Paterson I’m all onboard the kool aid train. 

This is accurate. If Sarkisian whiffs here then there's basically no reason for the fanbase to have any hope moving forward. The importance of Ewers' decision really can't be overstated at the end of a coach's first season the way things have played out on the field and are playing out in recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is accurate. If Sarkisian whiffs here then there's basically no reason for the fanbase to have any hope moving forward. The importance of Ewers' decision really can't be overstated at the end of a coach's first season the way things have played out on the field and are playing out in recruiting.

Yup.

3 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

Players want to win…this is a layup if we won 8 games. We got face fucked by Kansas, so this is anything but a layup. With all that said, Sark does have a tremendous track record of developing QBs. I’d like to think that is a major selling point. 

We are Texas. That should mean something. If you can’t make that mean something than your skills and rep as a QB guru and offensive mastermind mean less than nothing. Seriously, there is no excuse for missing on this. There is no coming back from this if he does. If he doesn’t miss them he will have to sort of be a moron to screw this up

I also want to clarify that I never put my hopes on one player unless SLXpress* says to do so. But Ewers would bring a shit ton of talent along with him and that's the real key to the program's long-term success.

*He only ever said three recruits that we needed to get were the truth and were absolute locks for greatness. In order they were TJ Ford, Vince Young, and Kevin Durant.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I will gladly, yeah verily be thrilled to eat crow if Ewers comes to Texas but Sark et al have given me zero fucking confidence that he will sign here. 
Losing season, no D, porous OL, only one WR, no TE and jack shit coming in the 22 class. 
Sark hasn’t shown the ability to close and Milwee’s comb over ass doesn’t make me a believer. 
I’d love to be proven wrong and have Ewers sign and unleash a recruiting Kraken, I just don’t see it. 

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are Texas. That should mean something. If you can’t make that mean something than your skills and rep as a QB guru and offensive mastermind mean less than nothing. Seriously, there is no excuse for missing on this. There is no coming back from this if he does. If he doesn’t miss them he will have to sort of be a moron to screw this up

"Should" being the key word in that phrase. Sadly it hasn't meant much for several years. 

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I will gladly, yeah verily be thrilled to eat crow if Ewers comes to Texas but Sark et al have given me zero fucking confidence that he will sign here. 
Losing season, no D, porous OL, only one WR, no TE and jack shit coming in the 22 class. 
Sark hasn’t shown the ability to close and Milwee’s comb over ass doesn’t make me a believer. 
I’d love to be proven wrong and have Ewers sign and unleash a recruiting Kraken, I just don’t see it. 

jesus homie, we get it.. seems like every post it's this over and over

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

How many times are you going to post this? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If Sark lands Ewers, you may have to donate that $1000 to the @UncleBuck wreath fund. (We still send a wreath when a poster dies of priapism, right?)

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)