Finally something we can all agree on. Heinz doing God's work.

crash_davis

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It takes a special kind of loser to put sweet relish on a hot dog.

I also discovered later in life that sauerkraut is fantastic.

A NY style with kraut and mustard is glorious.

If you served me a hot dog trio of a full chicago style, a chili cheese dog, and a dog with mustard and kraut, that would be damned near perfect.

But I also dig me a ballpark dog with mustard and relish.  And I dig a sonoran style dog.

Really, all the hot dogs.  Except with ketchup or mayo.  No thanks.

https://gist.github.com/gruber/1063574

By Christopher Walken

Do you enjoy eating hot dogs? I hope you won't be put off by my frankness when I tell you that I absolutely love them. In fact, I enjoy no food item more than a freshly-boiled hot dog. Now, I've done a lot of movies, and it's true that I've worked with quite a few celebrities who did not share this opinion. I'm sorry to say that these people have always angered me.

There are two types of people in this world: those who eat hot dogs whenever it is possible to do so, and those who opt to do other things with their free time. Who do the latter think they are kidding? What pastime could be more rewarding than the consumption of hot dogs? I haven't yet found one, and I don't expect to in my lifetime. Unlike other foods, hot dogs can be eaten at any time, in any place, and it is not necessary to cook them. Now, I ask you: Why not eat hot dogs? They are delicious.

The best hot dog I've ever eaten in my entire life was from a vendor on the Thames River next to the Tate Modern Museum.  A dog, grilled onions, mustard, and one of the best buns I've ever put in my mouth (#nohomo).

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A NY style with kraut and mustard is glorious.

If you served me a hot dog trio of a full chicago style, a chili cheese dog, and a dog with mustard and kraut, that would be damned near perfect.

But I also dig me a ballpark dog with mustard and relish.  And I dig a sonoran style dog.

Really, all the hot dogs.  Except with ketchup or mayo.  No thanks.

https://gist.github.com/gruber/1063574

Sonoran style dog is the best dog

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Ketchup only goes on fried foods.  I'd Only children put ketchup on hot dogs and hamburgers.  Only dumbasses put ketchup on eggs and steak.  Fight me.

I'd take this one step further and say that ketchup only goes on fried potato foods (e.g., french fries, tater tots, etc.).  Ketchup has no business on fried chicken or seafood items. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I'd take this one step further and say that ketchup only goes on fried potato foods (e.g., french fries, tater tots, etc.).  Ketchup has no business on fried chicken or seafood items. 

I put it on chicken fried steak.  I don’t care.

Also incorporate it into my sauerkraut dogs sometimes.  Sauté a little onion, throw in a tablespoon or two of both ketchup and mustard, cook a bit, then stir in the kraut to warm it.   

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Sonoran style dog is the best dog

Agreed.

I made a Texas version of it once and I think that one meal led to my heart blockage.

Texas Style Sonoran Hot Dog:

• Smoke a hot link wrapped in pepper bacon and put it on a toasted bolillo roll.

Top with:

• Yellow Mustard
  • Grilled Onions and Jalapenos
  • Chili
  • Queso

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Agreed.

I made a Texas version of it once and I think that one meal led to my heart blockage.

Texas Style Sonoran Hot Dog:

• Smoke a hot link wrapped in pepper bacon and put it on a toasted bolillo roll.

Top with:

• Yellow Mustard
  • Grilled Onions and Jalapenos
  • Chili
  • Queso

You're making me re-think my dinner plans.

• Hook 'Em 1

Back in my trucking days I used to make the gutbomb. 1/4 lb fuelstop roller dog with mayo, mustard, japs, onions and pickles. Occasionally nacho cheese if I needed an extra catalyst. I was not going to sleep for the next 6-8 hours guaranteed. Now before you raise the no mayo on a hotdog pennant, the whole point was to get unholy things to unleash deep within. Sometimes, you gotta make sacrifices for the greater good.

22 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The end result will be Big Weiner reducing the number in a package to match the buns and still charging the same price.

I think it's the other way around, the bun makers put ten in a package while weiners come in 8 packs. Seems the buns makers should just drop it to 8 but like you said would probably not change the price. Not that it matters since 90% of people probably just throw those two away or feed them to animals.