Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

I think it’s very fair to praise an outmanned bunch of backups for their efforts on the field last night and yet still point and laugh at the state of the ATM program that resulted in an outmanned bunch of backups having to take the field last night. And it ain’t getting significantly better next year. 

Seems like every year…when it comes to aggy and bowl games….there is always some weird event going on that keeps them from hitting that home run!   K

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I think it’s very fair to praise an outmanned bunch of backups for their efforts on the field last night and yet still point and laugh at the state of the ATM program that resulted in an outmanned bunch of backups having to take the field last night. And it ain’t getting significantly better next year. 

The fact that you think it's very fair to essentially praise college football players for not quitting says all that needs to be said about their program. 

Also, we have a long line of mediocre white safeties who would love to have been treated as well by our fans as some of y'all are treating A&M's scrubs. Praise for effort, wow that's a stark situation over there. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Marcel Reed - one start (Ok State).

Basing this off the Oklahoma State game is the funniest part. It's like they haven't done any research on Oklahoma State's defense. They are dead last in yards per game given up in the Big 12. They've been surviving all year based on crazy turnovers and a few redzone stops. 

Oklahoma State's DC (Nardo) should be coaching HS ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The fact that you think it's very fair to essentially praise college football players for not quitting says all that needs to be said about their program. 

Also, we have a long line of mediocre white safeties who would love to have been treated as well by our fans as some of y'all are treating A&M's scrubs. Praise for effort, wow that's a stark situation over there. 

Most people on this board were predicting OSU to blow them out and they made it respectable. And I thought I made it clear that patting them on the head like a 5 year old who just hit the ball off the tee is a sign of just how fucked their program is. 

For the record, I give Michael Taaffe and Jett Bush props when they play well too. 

I don't think they're that far off. Very easy schedule with 3 QBs that have all shown some ability, and a HC that can scheme teams into being 1 dimensional. 

I think we could see a smaller bump than 2020 with coaching transitions on their schedule. 

Probably going to fire their HC in 2024 : 

Florida 

Arkansas 

Bowling Green

Notre Dame (Probably still a year away, but it could happen) 

New head coaches : 

Mississippi State 

New Mexico State

It's a red flag if aggy can't win 7. 3-1 in OOC, .500 in conference play gets them there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don't think they're that far off. Very easy schedule with 3 QBs that have all shown some ability, and a HC that can scheme teams into being 1 dimensional. 

I think we could see a smaller bump than 2020 with coaching transitions on their schedule. 

Probably going to fire their HC in 2024 : 

Florida 

Arkansas 

Bowling Green

Notre Dame (Probably still a year away, but it could happen) 

New head coaches : 

Mississippi State 

New Mexico State

It's a red flag if aggy can't win 7. 3-1 in OOC, .500 in conference play gets them there. 

It would be hilarious if they actually do end up like 9-3 but their strength of schedule sucks so much that they are at 12 in the final pill and the group of 5 team bumps them out of playoff. 

• Like 2
  • Drool 3

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Actually, you could generify that to "A&M''s ______ room in _______ is arguably the best in the country."

Aggie's will bite on anything, cuz they know it's only a lack of exactly the right coach that has kept their sleeping giant from dominating college football for the last 83 years. That and some unfathomably evil burnt orange conspiracy that we're all proud to have been a part of.

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

So, this was written.

Not facetiously.

Seriously.  In earnest.  Or in a stupor.

image.thumb.png.b04cfec86d789077ff6d81cb19ca5f94.png

Note, 

- Connor Weigman's 3 starts (full games) this year - ULM, UNM and Miami.  

- Jaylen Henderson - his 3 starts were ACU (FCS), LSU (#101 DFEI), and Miss State (#49 DFEI).

- Marcel Reed - one start (Ok State).

I do think Weigman's talented, and the others *could* turn out to be good, but based on evidence to date, to proclaim that they could start for any team in CFB ... yeah, you be you, Aggie.

You obviously missed the Jerrod Heard excitement on here when people were proclaiming him the next VY after he threw for 650 yards against the vaunted Cal defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Mikey4 said:

IMG_0186.jpeg.71d6b14a216b8ca963d21790f2b5d607.jpeg

Here are their 7 wins this season:

4-8 New Mexico

2-10 UL Monroe

6-6 Auburn

4-8 Arkansas

5-7 South Carolina

5-7 Mississippi State

5-6 Abilene Christian

They did not beat a single team with a winning record, but somehow they think that they would beat us, OU, Kansas, Kansas state, West Virginia, Iowa State, and Okie lite, all of which have winning records? They're certifiable.

They lost to Miami who lost to Rutgers which resulted in Rutgers first winning season since 2016 (I think).

It's the same shit EVERY year. They are THE DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKERS in college football fandom.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I like how they attributed that “real Aggie try hard effort” to Elko, who wasn’t the fucking coach for the bowl, while shitting on turncoat ERob…who was the coach for the bowl and who by all accounts players love. Jesus, stolen valor really is in their tainted dna. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I like how they attributed that “real Aggie try hard effort” to Elko, who wasn’t the fucking coach for the bowl, while shitting on turncoat ERob…who was the coach for the bowl and who by all accounts players love. Jesus, stolen valor really is in their tainted dna. 

Personally, I think they should attribute it to Sul Ross. And maybe call Elijah Robinson “boy” or “Pimp Minister Eazy Lover.” Maybe they can discuss it at the next Kow and Kream Klub meeting when they induct Mike Elko as a new member. 

image.png.42ff492addb0fe531eb8f5f5e3534af0.png

Yep. Scrappy losers.

image.png.9a14ccaa632189345d0f2a7e4a66ddfb.png

Yea, you guys have been on fire since 2009.

From @Elmer_Fudd's link:

The epitome of Aggie opinion formation:

image.png.36e45045241a468479385757028aa8c9.png

And again regarding DeBoer:

image.png.1a8d3761e51b95726a4f1506e92a25f7.png

image.png.88678829e1c3a8973c872e752ad4fad7.png

More on DeBoer and their chances with him (all speculation, of course)

image.png.73a5c504593b118a4f421697b62d1403.png

Thank goodness they're not in big trouble. I greened that one phrase for extraordinary eloquence.

image.png.7d43e1c90d703cee6df11c51c832783d.pngspacer.png

Vander states an outcome that seems impossible:

image.png.79986a6961fcdbff81effa07ce624529.png

Shambles? Not worse now that Elko is here? Hold Melko's beer, dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

When Elko walked into the booth for the interview with ESPN, the Aggie players could feel the vibrations of The Great Elk emanate through the stadium. It lifted the Texas Aggie spirit and provided the heart and desire needed to compete. 

First or second play he was in the booth, aggy committed a personal foul that gave OSU a first down and got them out of the shadow of their own goalpost, so this checks out. 

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What a weird take that aggy wins the Big 12 this year. Texas beat 9 win Kansas, K State, and 10 win Oklahoma State who just beat aggy. 

Not the best year in the Big 12, but they've fared well in bowl season. 

15 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What a weird take that aggy wins the Big 12 this year. Texas beat 9 win Kansas, K State, and 10 win Oklahoma State who just beat aggy. 

Not the best year in the Big 12, but they've fared well in bowl season. 

They damn sure wouldn’t have beaten us. Also, (using “aggy speculation logic”) we would have won the SEC this year.

• Hook 'Em 2