Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

When your football team has been irrelevant longer than Queen Elizabeth was Queen Elizabeth, you will grasp at anything to convince yourself that you are relevant. It's like a drowning person grabbing an anvil. You make up stuff like Stewart vs Worthy or convince yourself that you're relevant because supposedly another team wants one of your players. When you understand that, everything aggy say makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FfTOawIVEAA_apN?format=jpg&name=mediumFfTOggQUUAEUtO8?format=jpg&name=medium

Per Game passing stat averages this year:

A&M: 18/30 for 213 yards with 1.3 TDs and 0.8 INT per game - 6 games.

Texas: 20/29 for 254 yards with 2.3 TDs and 0.4 INT per game - 7 games

---------

also A&M mentioning 24 points is hilarious. they scored 31 vs SHSU and 14 vs App State.

vs P5 programs they have scored 17, 23, 24 and 20 points. they would kill to average 24 points per game.

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize that guy posted a video, but I enjoy the still screenshot of his "proof" showing...cook's shoulder and head nowhere near Decker or however the shit you spell his name's helmet. 

I can't remember ever seeing them this wound up about something. Must be the perfect storm -- them not being very good and realizing they're completely stuck with Jimbo for 3-4 more years at a minimum, Texas on the rise with a sexy QB, our impending move to the SEC and the "home cooking" (in their warped minds) we "needed" to beat lowly Iowa State. (Mind you that Iowa State would probably wipe the fucking floor with aggy if they were to play right now.)

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize that guy posted a video, but I enjoy the still screenshot of his "proof" showing...cook's shoulder and head nowhere near Decker or however the shit you spell his name's helmet. 

Here's the video (which I hadn't seen this angle before). There is contact from Cook's arm to the helmet, but no helmet-to-helmet contact at all.

Now, I have no idea what is actually targeting in 2022. I'm not sure anybody does. But if the definition is helmet-to-helmet, then this isn't it.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, NoName said:

---------

also A&M mentioning 24 points is hilarious. they scored 31 vs SHSU and 14 vs App State.

vs P5 programs they have scored 17, 23, 24 and 20 points. they would kill to average 24 points per game.

Yep, and those averages don't really tell the whole story.  We had situations in 4 games where we scaled back or completely shut down our passing game by early in the 4th quarter due to the game being a blowout (ULM/OU), having a big lead and needing to just run clock (WVa), or the other team mailing it in (UTSA/OU).  Just hand it to Robinson/Johnson/Robinson and get out with the W.

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Here's the video (which I hadn't seen this angle before). There is contact from Cook's arm to the helmet, but no helmet-to-helmet contact at all.

Now, I have no idea what is actually targeting in 2022. I'm not sure anybody does. But if the definition is helmet-to-helmet, then this isn't it.

Yeah that proved a grand total of jackshit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Yeah that proved a grand total of jackshit

It's hard to call Targeting, imo, when you watch a slow motion impact by Cook and the fucking QB's head barely fucking moves. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The still screenshot is of ford.  Cook comes in later in the video. 

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m convinced they’re just trying to get on message board geniuses more often than anyone else.  #1 in something. Can finally start to fill up the trophy case. 

More evidence to support your theory

• Haha 2

Just now, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

not one of those dumb mutha fuckas know a god damn thing about qb play.  

Isn’t it better to have an insanely complex, Jimbo style of offense that nobody seems to comprehend; therefore leading to one of the worst offenses in college football? 

Dekker was running with the football he wasn't a defenseless player, so the only way targeting gets called is helmet to helmet contact with the crown of Cook's helmet.

If Dekker had been determined to be defenseless then Cook's forearm to the helmet would have been enough for targeting.

• Hook 'Em 3

He was a runner and not a defenseless player.  Contact to the head doesn't matter.  The only way to commit targeting on a non-defenseless player is to initiate contact with the crown of the helmet, which has been redefined this year to be above the top of the facemask.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoName said:

---------

Notice they also like to leave out TD when comparing Stewart and Worthy.  Wonder why? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Hey….reading some of that shit, I’ve learned that I’m a graduate of Homo U!

Technically all universities are Homo U's. I'm not aware of the Australopithecines starting any. 

I gotta give aggy credit for knowing their genus. I guess they are a lot more anthropologically literate than I thought they were. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Only thing this video proved is that cooks forearm was sore as fuck the next day hitting that helmet full speed 

3 hours ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

not one of those dumb mutha fuckas know a god damn thing about qb play.  

Not true. They know that good QB play consists of running around in the backfield like a squirrel and then throwing up a desperate duck in the general direction of Mike Evans. That’s how you win a heisman, duh. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread