Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

33 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Umm, I hate to break it to them, but programs like Ole Miss and Tennessee were (and have always been) superior to aggy. 

Aggy claims three national titles, only one of which is valid.

Ole Miss claims three, one of which is valid. Ole Miss's title happened in 1960, two decades more recent than aggy.

Tennessee claims 6 national titles, 2 valid and 2 pretty reasonably valid. The most recent was in 1998. 

Tennessee is #11 in all-time wins. Aggy is #25. 

I know about the long term history but Ole Miss has never won the SEC West and Tennessee has been wandering in the wilderness for 15 years. If they pass ATM during year 5 of Jimbo the $100 million man (and you could argue they already have), even the most delusional aggy is going to start questioning their ROI. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I think the real source of their angst is watching programs like Ole Miss and Tennessee surpass them.  I will laugh and laugh if either of those make it to Atlanta or the CFP before ATM does. 

If the Mississippi schools hold onto Leach and Kiffin, Texas8&4 won't be beating them for a long time. They will be looking up at Alabama, Miss State, Ol' Miss, and probably LSU. With the rise of Georgia, Tennessee, and possibly Kentucky in the East, a conference championship will never be in their cards.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 8

Never say never on the coaching carousel, but I’m not sure what would motivate Kiffin to leave Ole Miss. He’s taken the big job before and flamed out. Pretty low expectations in Oxford and they worship him there. 

It certainly won’t be this year, but I could see MS State firing Leach before he left on his own.

Aggy is currently looking up at both. This must be a very difficult reality for them to recognize and understand. 

54 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This gem was buried a bit in the post about reasons to hate us.

That's...certainly a unique take on that particular set of events.

-1_orig_1731329004612778.thumb.jpeg.c2763cef9bc81c2c9a4640fd4dc30f1f.jpeg

The one below it about "undeserved hubris" is prime projection, too. Sort of like the post below:

image.png.0da70372dc6fe2bb21b7f3c4fa670b5e.png

No one exceeds Aggies in lack of accomplishment accompanied by mysterious arrogance.

I am glad to see the Aggie below understands how to win an argument. Just cite the prophet.

image.png.6a85ae3d49fa80f028573f75e52e51c9.png

Billy Liucci, exceeded only by Billy Jack as the perfect idol of the Texas A&M University Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas.

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I read that one, laughed, and then thought, “Jesus, I hope they all continue to think like this. “

Truth is, they’re trained for it. If they can’t fire a guy that they’ve convinced themselves is their savior, they’ll keep telling themselves, and anyone who will listen, how sought after he is and how lucky they are to have him. I imagine that behavior changes right around the time in 2028 that the major donors signal they’re willing to fund the $25-$30M left in the buyout. 

They've Stockholm Syndromed each other.  Aggies are Swiftian dunces unto themselves.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

My aggy father in law was in town this weekend. We watched that game together, and at the end, he proceeded to tell me that when Earl Campbell was in school the aggys had a running back who was bigger, stronger, and faster than Earl. I about fell out of my chair. 

You can tell that aggy blowhard FIL of yours that in the 1977 game with aTm, Earl had 222 net yards rushing by himself while the agroids as a team had 186.

(UT 57 - aggy 28)

https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/archive/stats/77/UT-A&M.HTM#GAME.IND

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:08 PM, El Compadre said:

He's an aggy redart that.....sells insurance.93B7E3D1-EE5A-4FD1-BAF5-6F36C1DE198C.thumb.png.8c972ba0115192ec2206dbfa539ac1d1.png

Wait, he's wasting his aggy journalism degree selling insurance?  I thought aggy added a j-school solely to create soldiers to fight the bomc?

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

My aggy father in law was in town this weekend. We watched that game together, and at the end, he proceeded to tell me that when Earl Campbell was in school the aggys had a running back who was bigger, stronger, and faster than Earl. I about fell out of my chair. 

Did you ask if his name was Reggie McNeal?

”No, no, wait…McNeal was the one who was better than Vince…”

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He probably just failed to mention that school Earl was in was junior high.

Catching up on Saturday's aggy idiocy. Two takeaways -- I just laugh and laugh and laugh about their constant parroting that the problem with Jimbo's offense is that "it is too complicated" and also that we've destroyed three conferences. We've only ever been in two that I know -- the SWC and the Big 12. Or are they implying that we've already ruined the SRC too? They really are the dumbest college football fanbase in the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Armybrat said:

You can tell that aggy blowhard FIL of yours that in the 1977 game with aTm, Earl had 222 net yards rushing by himself while the agroids as a team had 186.

(UT 57 - aggy 28)

https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/archive/stats/77/UT-A&M.HTM#GAME.IND

Plus Earl was the #1 draft pick in 1978, while poor George was 289th in ‘79.

Not to mention a big difference in their NFL careers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I know about the long term history but Ole Miss has never won the SEC West and Tennessee has been wandering in the wilderness for 15 years. If they pass ATM during year 5 of Jimbo the $100 million man (and you could argue they already have), even the most delusional aggy is going to start questioning their ROI. 

The beauty of it is that most of them are already questioning the ROI, and they can't do shit about it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Droopy said:

1999, Tee Martin, not Peyton Manning. 

Dude, holy shit. The title game was played in 1999, but the 1998 national title went to Tennessee over a Marcus Outzen-led FSU (3rd stringer). The 1999 National Title went to Chris Weinke-led FSU versus a coming out party of other worldly football play from Michael Vick and Va Tech. 

Manning was drafted by the Colts in April of 1998 after his final collegiate season in 1997. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

what does this mean?

image.png.4acddcad9ea1f7b8e3356c82bd7d4430.png

Billy made up shit about us recruiting Evan Stewart. That gets quoted then magnified on Texags until it becomes established fact that Texas is rampantly recruiting players from everyone. tu must be stopped!

Pure Aggie fantasy. 

I don't know what dryfit means. I'm sure the idiot mispronounced a word as he dictated the message and his phone had to come up with something. 

21 hours ago, cafe society said:

Aggies:  Reggie was better than Vince and lard ass, 11th round draft pick George Woodard was better than Earl.  Their entire lore is based upon lies.

When that fat slob George Woodard went on a diet, Emory Bellard said “we’re ordering lettuce by the box car load”.  😂

• Haha 1

This is hilarious and irritating to me simultaneously. It's unlikely we're going to pursue Stewart, but Liucci has heard that Stewart is reaching out to folks, one of which is Texas, so of course he runs with "texas is tampering." Nevermind that those rubes know how this shit always works: the NCAA isn't going to fucking do shit about a family member or family friend passing out feelers through 3rd parties about interest. It's been happening that way for a decade, since transferring of any kind became a thing. And as if those fucks don't understand the concept of family doing the work for buying a player...they fucking built Dindy's dad a fucking CHURCH. 

I'm sorry Evan Stewart's shitbird dad texted some folks he knew from recruiting that Stewart was looking to bail ship. Of course these are all the same pencil-dicked idiots who blame the other man for their wife cheating on them, too. Learn how to fuck better, aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread