Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

"LB - push"

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif 

Yes their highest rated recruit is in the same ballpark as our lowest rated recruit(JUCO Caleb Johnson), and we are still adding Lakia Henry.

They are going back to the glory days of McNeil is better than Young, and Parker is better than Williams.

• Haha 1

all this talk about aggy bowl wins made me look up their bowl record and holy shit is it hilarious. Here’s aggy’s performance in major bowls (I’m including cotton bowl even though they sometimes made that bowl by finishing like 5th in the B12 because if we don’t include that, then there’s basically nothing lol) in the last thirty seasons:

1991: Cotton Bowl. FSU 10-2

1992: Cotton ND 28-3

1993: Cotton ND 24-21

1997: Cotton UCLA 29-23

1998: Sugar tOSU 24-14

2004: Cotton: Tenn. 38-7

2010: Cotton LSU 41-24

2012: aggy 41-13 over OUsucks

So, that’s a 1-7 record in major bowls with only one game being anything but the Cotton Bowl. Yet, they try to downplay a 10 win Season with a Sugar Bowl victory by us. Just classic

• Like 2

"Uninspired".  Doubtful any of these guys played organized sports past HS.  Emotion.  Good or bad.  Lasts for roughly the first few minutes of the game.  Then you fall to the level of your training and preparation. 

You can argue they were not prepared.  That's coaching.  I highly doubt this after seeing Smart's body of work for multiple seasons.  You can also make a better argument that they felt slighted to not get the nod for one of the four final spots and had a chip on their shoulder.

They were beat across both lines.  You start out slow.  Fine.  But that fades with the first few series of the game.  

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Our finances are strained compared to aggy?

This type of thinking makes so much sense for the ags I know in real life. 

"We're paying our coach $7.5mm a year and spent all this money on our facilities"  = we're in better financial shape than the sips

is the athletic department equivalent of the day to day life:

"I bought a house I can't afford, and then took out an equity loan on it to buy this boat because it looks awesome in my driveway next to my leased lexus" = look at how financially successful I am. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We needed a Georgia win to compare to their season. One that featured 3 wins over shitty FCS and G5 teams?
Texas had a better record, better wins, and a better SOS.
Ahem, you forgot their thrilling home game against Clemson. It was one of those games that is so good, the final score doesn't really matter because everyone walks away a winner.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:
We needed a Georgia win to compare to their season. One that featured 3 wins over shitty FCS and G5 teams?
Texas had a better record, better wins, and a better SOS.

Ahem, you forgot their thrilling home game against Clemson. It was one of those games that is so good, the final score doesn't really matter because everyone walks away a winner.

This. HtownHorn, ya stupid sip, you should know better

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

"Jimbo is the best game day coach in the country except for Saban"

Now where have I heard that before...

Ah, here we go: https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/272949/replies/3201964

"I can't imagine how one can make an informed judgement between Franchione and Stoops. Fran is widely recognized as one of the best five coaches in the country. There is a vast talent gap between the two programs right now. Nobody has better game day preparation than Fran, and with even talent, I would take Fran."

• Like 8

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

"I can't imagine how one can make an informed judgement between Franchione and Stoops. Fran is widely recognized as one of the best five coaches in the country. There is a vast talent gap between the two programs right now. Nobody has better game day preparation than Fran, and with even talent, I would take Fran."

This was almost the same thing they said about Sherman when he arrived in college station.  Being an NFL coach there will be no other coach that will have his team prepared like Sherman will.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That's a beautiful find.

Someone should find one for Sherman or Sumlin for the hat trick. 

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

That's a beautiful find.

Someone should find one for Sherman or Sumlin for the hat trick. 

They were pumping Sumlin up when his agent was manufacturing strong Philadelphia Eagles and USC interest

58 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Calzada over RoJo are you shitting me bwahahahahaha

DxxXirzVYAIpPVL.jpgDxxYQ5qVYAEjJhE.jpg

45 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

TE: neither team signed one. Advantage A&M.

-Kevin Kubescheski

wow, it really is a real life, modern day Kubescheski. 

Related note, does anyone have the full Kevin Kubescheski post for posterity?

So I heard someone mention one of the 247 National guys said Bru will count towards 2019 and people have started putting crystal balls in for Texas including Elkos boy Steve wilfong. Has this news reached the aggy board? When Texas is 3 they will lose their mind more so than they have already.

Edited by Dondrysdale1

1 minute ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So I heard someone mention one of the 247 National guys said Bru will count towards 2019 and people have started putting crystal balls in for Texas including Elkos boy Steve wilfong. Has this news reached the aggy board? When Texas is 3 they will lose their mind more so than they have already.

Bru McCoy is no longer listed on the USC 2019 commits page. Therefore the only place he will be able to appear for the 2019 class rankings is whichever school he ends up at.

You know, wherever that may be.

• Like 2

I struggle to understand the idiocy of the aggy fan. They seem to be the only fan base I can think of that just lives in an alternate universe of delusion.

OU fans, Texas fans, etc all display some basic connection with reality. It is only the aggies that have an incredibly warped view of the world, where there is a giant conspiracy against them, they have accomplished great things in the sport, they are always better than Texas no matter the topic, they always have the best players and coaches. I could go on forever highlighting examples of their delusion.

It’s creepy and it’s sad. Whenever I read anything written by an aggy I immediately imagine the following:

b9d531a3c77ef97a563f360a304e8c80.jpg

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I struggle to understand the idiocy of the aggy fan. They seem to be the only fan base I can think of that just lives in an alternate universe of delusion.

OU fans, Texas fans, etc all display some basic connection with reality. It is only the aggies that have an incredibly warped view of the world, where there is a giant conspiracy against them, they have accomplished greats things in the sport, they are always better than Texas no matter the topic, they always have the best players and coaches. I could go on forever highlighting examples of their delusion.

Austin sucks! The University sucks! Their fanbase sucks! Their schedule sucks! They have no money!

Yet the stupid media conspiracy keeps brainwashing everybody else in the world into not understanding these basic facts!

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, South Austin said:

Jimbo’s sorry, but he’s just thinking of the right words to say
He knows they don't sound the way he planned them to be
But if aggy’ll wait around awhile, he’ll make them fall for him 
He promises, he promises he will

catching up..... wow..... when in rome.....

fyi our local 80s-synthpop/neildiamond cover band Diamond Bag is rehearsing again, with the "promise" of returning to the Lee Harvey battleground in october.

they are probably the only band on this continent that faithfully renders this song.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Bru McCoy is no longer listed on the USC 2019 commits page. Therefore the only place he will be able to appear for the 2019 class rankings is whichever school he ends up at.

You know, wherever that may be.

That might end up being one of the best of the days of my life - and I'm married with children (at least one of which I'm fairly certain is mine).  The aggy tears that will flow that day could nourish me for a thousand years.

• Like 2

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

catching up..... wow..... when in rome.....

fyi our local 80s-synthpop/neildiamond cover band Diamond Bag is rehearsing again, with the "promise" of returning to the Lee Harvey battleground in october.

they are probably the only band on this continent that faithfully renders this song.

@MaxHorn's sparkle shirt, plus When In Rome, is definitely a winner.  But singing the words "ou Sucks" to Sweet Caroline is really what never goes out of style.

Baron Simmons of 247 posted a long explanation (someone on other thread posted it) that Bru will count towards 2019 class at whichever he ends up. 

So now we just wait for official announcement of Bru to Texas by himself or school 

Then Aggy tears will enter epic territory 

their best class they have ever had was still worse than Texas 

hahahhahh

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That might end up being one of the best of the days of my life - and I'm married with children (at least one of which I'm fairly certain is mine).  The aggy tears that will flow that day could nourish me for a thousand years.

Zach Evans to Texas may top this.