Trump Reinstatement Day Thread (no politics! only news, happenings, memes, shenanigans, ins and outs, and what have yous)

Beau Vine

I'd like to picture Trump somewhere in Mar-a-Lago right now just staring at a wall, saying, "Person.  Woman.  Man.  Camera.  TV."  And some aide puts their hand on his shoulder and asks, "Sir, what's wrong?  What are you doing out here in the hallway?  Why are you repeating those words over and over?"  

And Trump looks up begrudgingly, "Mike said it as my retesting day today."

Aide, "Sir, do you mean he said it was your reinstatement day today?" 

Trump, "No, that wasn't one of the words."  

Do these idiots ever acknowledge they're wrong? Do they just ignore that nothing is going to happen today? New date coming soon? I just don't understand the mentality of this insanity. What are they gaining from this? Is it actual mental illness? Are we seriously living in some simulation?

4 hours ago, hpslugga said:

It doesn't really matter. That's what conspiracy theorists do as a matter of habit. They pretend to possess secret knowledge that hardly anyone (if anyone at all) possesses and that therefore makes them smarter than you. 

These are the same people who sat there in high school math, science, and history classes, who didn’t get it and wondered aloud, “When am I ever going to need to know any of this?” It’s a defense mechanism because they didn’t learn anything in school. Now they have to tell themselves that they know things that others don’t so they don’t have to face the fact that they’re uneducated morons. 

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Do these idiots ever acknowledge they're wrong? Do they just ignore that nothing is going to happen today? New date coming soon? I just don't understand the mentality of this insanity. What are they gaining from this? Is it actual mental illness? Are we seriously living in some simulation?

No

Yes

Probably

Attention, clicks and sweet sweet grift

Yes

100% yes

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The situation is fluid.

I'm currently 500 miles off the Oregon coast (and somehow still have better WiFi than bizzle did in Vancouver)...I'm counting on you guys to tell me if I can head home after today, or if we should keep sailing west.

Don't you guys fuck me, now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

any chatter about when their next target date is?  Wasn't that group sponsored in part by Grover Norquist promising something big happening in D.C. in September?  

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

@elfenix had the link to the sociology type that boiled it down to a mark buying in to the con. Someone sold these crazy ass ideas of sovereign citizens, flat earth, lizard people, well hell how long is the list?

You can't shame them out of it. That's what keeps them dug in. A collection of narcissists in need of coverage for their shame. 

She said they have to hear it from a leader in their peer group. The orange buffoon has to be abandoned by someone with enough pull to have credibility.

I keep asking who exactly that might be. 

I don't think they exist. The con goes on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This Tom Tomorrow panel from a piece @brakeman posted has a simple answer.

image.thumb.png.e711d77aadfc8d86abd18f18a2dce5c7.png

Substitute the election results for covid, and it’s same same.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Spellfucked
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I'm currently 500 miles off the Oregon coast (and somehow still have better WiFi than bizzle did in Vancouver)...I'm counting on you guys to tell me if I can head home after today, or if we should keep sailing west.

Don't you guys fuck me, now.

Username indicates that you should never come back. 

Unfortunately, this mentality is neither new or unique. End-of-days cults have been prominent in Russia for centuries.

There is a possibility Trump realizes he can't control his supporters anymore - and went Col. Kurtz on his followers. 

Col. Kurtz - Apocalypse Now:  Now imagine this is Trump explaining himself. 

Spoiler

I’ve seen horrors, horrors that you’ve seen.

But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that, but you have no right to judge me.

It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
....Horror. Horror has a face...And you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.

They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces...Seems a thousand centuries ago...

We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile...A pile of little arms. And I remember...I...I...I cried...I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized...like I was shot...Like I was shot with a diamond...a diamond bullet right through my forehead...And I thought: My God...the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we.

Because they could stand that these were not monsters...These were men...trained cadres...these men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love...but they had the strength...the strength...to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral...and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling...without passion...without judgement...without judgement. Because it's judgement that defeats us."

Col. Kurtz then recommended eliminating those he trained. 

Trump created the vaccine and many of his supporters believe the vaccine is poison. That does not square. What created that disconnect?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chooky said:

That fraud would say something like that and absolutely pat himself on the back for it like he always does. He would do that because he’s conditioned  himself to easily confuse relentless and profuse public mockery for “fear” because that’s what he has to tell himself constantly when he’s getting exposed. When Hitchens was holding the microscope to his little peepee on the subject of religion and everyone laughed, that’s because Hitchens was “afraid” of him. When people panned that stupid film he did about the Democratic Party, it’s because they were “afraid” of his “truth.” It’s hard to recognize that you’re guilty of confirmation bias when you also don’t know anything else either.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

spacer.png

When I wonder why the fuck Trump is in the news/ political scene for anything beyond photo ops or paid speaking engagements, this is the most logical conclusion.

It still doesn't make sense at all.

18 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

@elfenix had the link to the sociology type that boiled it down to a mark buying in to the con. Someone sold these crazy ass ideas of sovereign citizens, flat earth, lizard people, well hell how long is the list?

Which thread?  Gotta see this.  I can't believe there is a rational explanation for this.

34 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This will be like those end of the world prophecies. Just keep pushing it back and say you misread the Mayan calendar. 

Just predict the same thing every day for the rest of your life and you just might be right eventually.