Colleyville may be a little bit of a racist place

cattail

I went to this high school. It’s known for drama and a good nickname for it is “colley wood”.

Throughout my time there as a student :

there was a bunch of cheerleaders or a volleyball team or softball team that got caught taking xerox pictures of their butts and drinking while still being under the schools supervision on the road. There was a big stink about it. Lawyers got involved to make sure their precious daughters didn’t get into any legal trouble so they wouldn’t risk college admissions to their elite colleges or whatever.

there was an epic food fight at lunch. Food got in someone’s eye who didn’t even throw food and might have caused permanent damage. Kids who participated and instigated the food fight didn’t walk across the stage.

several different incidents of sex on campus. Kids got caught banging behind the soda machine. Another couple got caught giving a guy a blowjob in a commonly used stairwell. 

Kids showed up to prom in a party bus. Many of them were already wasted. The assistant principal literally lined people up. Had them breathe and them either let people stay or kicked them out accordingly.

a kid locked and barred all the doors to a locker room and got high. Several classes of PE couldn’t get inside. The kid was caught and expelled. 

There was an infamous steroid scandal involving my senior class. A mother caught her kid with the steroids and called the assistant principal to report it. Th principal did a flimsy investigation and said their are no drugs here. The mom pushed it even further, the mom didn’t stop until someone listened to her. A group of reporters for the local newspaper wrote the story on the anonymous kid who gave everyone up. For several weeks, a witch hunt ensued and people tried to identify the kid. One of reporters messed up in a subsequent article and accidentally identified the kid in an indirect way where people were able to put together who the culprit was. I’m sure that kid had a miserable time at school, but several administrators and coaches also lost their jobs due to this.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I went to this high school. It’s known for drama and a good nickname for it is “colley wood”.

there was a bunch of cheerleaders or a volleyball team or softball team that got caught taking xerox pictures of their butts and drinking while still being under the schools supervision on the road. There was a big stink about it. Lawyers got involved to make sure their precious daughters didn’t get into any legal trouble so they wouldn’t risk college admissions to their elite colleges or whatever.

there was an epic food fight at lunch. Food got in someone’s eye who didn’t even throw food and might have caused permanent damage. Kids who participated and instigated the food fight didn’t walk across the stage.

several different incidents of sex on campus. Kids got caught banging behind the soda machine. Another couple got caught giving a guy a blowjob in a commonly used stairwell. 

Kids showed up to prom in a party bus. Many of them were already wasted. The assistant principal literally lined people up. Had them breathe and them either let people stay or kicked them out accordingly.

a kid locked and barred all the doors to a locker room and got high. Several classes of PE couldn’t get inside. The kid was caught and expelled. 

There was an infamous steroid scandal involving my senior class. A mother caught her kid with the steroids and called the assistant principal to report it. Th principal did a flimsy investigation and said their are no drugs here. The mom pushed it even further, the mom didn’t stop until someone listened to her. A group of reporters for the local newspaper wrote the story on the anonymous kid who gave everyone up. For several weeks, a witch hunt ensued and people tried to identify the kid. One of reporters messed up in a subsequent article and accidentally identified the kid in an indirect way where people were able to put together who the culprit was. I’m sure that kid had a miserable time at school, but several administrators and coaches also lost their jobs due to this.

So typical DFW suburban high school?

• Like 2

There’s a podcast, or special report, or something about South Lake. A racist incident blew up publicly. Hadn’t heard much about it. Unlike the frat dude singing on a bus in Sucklahoma, this concerned high schoolers, or elementary kids.
The blurb/hook I remember is: “Rosa Parks is dead. Go sit in the back of the bus.” Oh yeah, CRT was mentioned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/southlake-podcast
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Fast Times at Colleyville High

17 hours ago, texashorne said:

Just a few things from someone closer to the situation.. 

The picture didn't cause a widespread outrage. Some parent discovered it on facebook, alerted the administration, and the admin quietly asked him to take it down, which he did. This happened all 2 years ago

He was placed on leave for reasons that have not surfaced yet. I can't speak to how much or to what extent he supports BLM or CRT or whatever, but the picture has nothing to do with him being placed on paid leave.

I am reserving any kind of judgement until these facts come out. 

This is no place for rational thinking, newb

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Yeah but I still can't get a bloody mary at 9am while waiting for my flight out on Sunday morning. Horse shit. The lord wants me to love my neighbor, and I'm a lot more neighborly on the 3 hour flight to Cancun when I've got a few toddys in me.

Baby steps.  Baby steps.

6 hours ago, DFWTexEx said:

The picture incident was just one symptom of a much bigger issue in Colleyville and suburbs and towns like it.  Probably not a discussion for this board.

Friend who lives up that way said some parents were passing the photos around after this started up a week or two ago.

That's a weird kink.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Sorry for partying

54 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
On 9/1/2021 at 6:41 PM, txhorns said:
99% of school districts would ask their principal to take down those pictures.

That's because 100% of school districts have plenty of no value-added do-gooders and politicians and bureaucrats would rather waste time on meaningless crap than deal with real issues.

As a principal, that’s about 90% of my time. Have to get the real work that actually helps the school done on nights and weekends. 

• Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 5:52 AM, speed817 said:

I'm just trying to figure out--does he have a better Title VII claim, Section 1981 claim, or First Amendment claim?

• 9 months later...

Bump. The actual news happened a few weeks ago but the reporting just now came across my feed. Yep, the principle was railroaded out because of fears of CRT. 

StarTelegram: Grapevine-Colleyville school board member says former principal lost job because of activism

From the article:

A newly elected Grapevine-Colleyville school board member recently discussed reading the personnel file of former Colleyville High School principal James Whitfield, saying his activism was the “straw that broke the camel’s back ... that got him fired.” Tammy Nakamura made the comments during a school board panel discussion June 26 in Coppell. The event was sponsored by the Republican National Committee.

As part of the settlement, Whitfield and the district agreed to resolve their disputes and not make any additional public statements.

In the short video clip, Nakamura said, “We found out that he’s a total activist, and of course, we were branded and put on national television just like Southlake.”

“That’s the straw that broke the camel’s back you’d want to say that got him fired,” Nakamura told the panel. She said someone got up at a school board meeting, calling for Whitfield to resign based on open records requests “showing that he was pushing a movement. ...” “But there is absolute proof of what he was trying to do,” she said.

Nakamura told the audience that people have to “stand up” to those pushing an agenda. “We cannot have teachers such as these in our schools because they are just poison, and they’re taking our schools down,” she said.

On 7/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, Sawbonz said:

Definitely not motto worthy 

image.png.9a39e85f86a2f8bbee95f27b756aa6bc.png

it's terrible that *anything* accurately accounting the history of our country and slavery's part in that is now labeled "woke CRT".  I don't get why some run into a mental wall with the fact that the civil rights act did not, in fact, solve all the racial inequity in the country overnight in 1964.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

huge swaths of our state are covered by these imbeciles.

HOWEVA, that star telegram article is gold and littered with hilarious bits.

Nakamura served for six years on the Colleyville City Council before she was elected in May to her first school board term. Nakamura, along with candidates from Carroll and Keller, received contributions from the Grapevine-based Patriot Mobile, a cellphone company that calls itself the “only Christian conservative wireless provider.”

Tammy Nakamura made the comments during a school board panel discussion June 26 in Coppell. The event was sponsored by the Republican National Committee.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Ah, that's smart. When You're firing the black guy for rollin around in the sand with the white woman, get the white woman who married the Japanese guy to be the voice of your movement.

It's all fun and games until....

• Drool 1