The Book of Boba Fett- Disney+ show starting December 29

mdmost

My kids and i were cheering it on to eat pikes. It only munched one.

It seems Raylan Vanth died. Kind of wish Grogu stayed with Luke. Seems kind of a dick move to send him away to an unknown situation. Especially when Luke fucking did worse and Yoda didnt tell him to fuck off.

10 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It seems Raylan Vanth died. Kind of wish Grogu stayed with Luke. Seems kind of a dick move to send him away to an unknown situation. Especially when Luke fucking did worse and Yoda didnt tell him to fuck off.

Nope, he was in Boba's bacta tank in the credits scene.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Unless I’m mistaken, Grogu has had 2-3 months with Luke vs Luke’s several days with Yoda. Luke gave Grogu the same choice Yoda gave him, and Grogu made the same choice.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:24 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I think there will be something to do with Cad Bane that will bring in maybe one more character at the end, but I think it's more about setting up future shit for Boba or possibly some Thrawn shit with Ahsoka.   You don't bring in Cad Bane for just two episodes. 

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

Rodriguez is terrible. His action directing is just laughably bad. Seriously. It's awful and stilted and lacking any emotion. Give Bryce Dallas Howard more episodes. I literally can't understand how people think Rodriguez is good at this point. I'm no military strategist, but when you have two people who can fly and an armored personel carrier, I don't think the best strategy is to all be huddled together on the ground in a 10 foot radius. The huge strategic maneuver they accomplished was "someone should be on the roofs to snipe."

Also, when there are tanks roaming the streets and people being gunned down by automatic weapon fire, you decide to cut to three street merchants selling yams? Like, did they think they were going to sell yams to the spider tank?

Edited by Xminus6
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

His little red light kept blinking so I don't think he's dead. Maybe mostly dead. 

I thought it was a good finale. It was not a strong series. It had some great parts but as a whole it wasn't as good as the Mandalorian...and that's okay. Just like all the Marvel shows aren't Wandavision or Loki. I do think Robert Rodriguez is a bad choice for Star Wars but maybe they got it out of their system. There were some great parts like the Tuskens and the Pyke train attack but stuff like the mod gang was terrible. It was very uneven but it felt much like a season of one of Filoni's cartoons which had strong episodes and weak episodes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The Pykes aren't really supposed to be a threat because of their fighting ability so much as their ruthlessness. If the Hutts are one of the big families in organized crime in America, the Pykes are the Zetas. They could have done a better job of showing that, but the final battle is not really a good measure of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Odds Grogu ends up with the darksaber ruling Mandalore?

42 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Grogu and Din are the House Stark we root for in the Mandalorian Game of Thrones. 

37 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So your theory is that Grogu has a crippled little brother who isn't cute or even force sensitive that will somehow "win" it?

Are you thinking Grogu fights Mando to win the darksaber, or someone defeats Mando to win it and Grogu wins it back in revenge?

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So your theory is that Grogu has a crippled little brother who isn't cute or even force sensitive that will somehow "win" it?

Grogu is the magical one that may rule, Mando is the orphan bastard that is the warrior hero. As long as he doesn’t have to duel the pre-zombie Mountain. Bo-Katan may be some combination of Cersei and Khaleesi, from former ruling family, vindictive, ruthless, crazy women. We met the heir from House Vizla already. Darth Maul, if he weren’t  dead (circa 5 BBY), would be a good wildcard. 

Watched the finale last night. It was fun. Rampaging Rancor was great. The Boba-Cad faceoff was great, too. Wondering if Cad is dead? His little chest-light do-dad was still blinking when Boba walked off.

My take on the whole Boba series is that it could have maybe been a bit better, but it was still mostly fun. Not everything Star Wars has to be amaze-balls.

It kind of reminded me of The Bad Batch series. Not the best effort of the Filoniverse, but had some fun highs and was still worth a watch.

And you know a lot of these story points will continue to play out with future Filoniverse shows.

Only 3 short months until Obi-Wan! Woot!

• Hook 'Em 3