Cowboys Vs Patriots Game chat

Sgt Hulk

I don’t know where we go for a backup…outside of Cam or coaxing Rivers out of retirement—that’s only if necessary and Dak would miss multiple games. Gosh I hope it’s something that that won’t be an issue for any length of time. Praying that’s the case. At least the Longhorns and the Cowboys both have a Bye. So that’s when I hope to catch up on some sleep and scary movies! Lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Clearly Dak has had a shitload of that military training where you crawl under razor wire 12 inches off the ground while you carry 900 pounds of linemen on your back.  Sneaky bastard.

I just wonder where the fuck they think the ball is when his entire torso ends up over the goal line? It was the exact same thing the other week. Are they assuming he's got in pinched between his knees?

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just wonder where the fuck they think the ball is when his entire torso ends up over the goal line? It was the exact same thing the other week. Are they assuming he's got in pinched between his knees?

It’s 2 games in the last month where the refs flat stole a TD from them on the red zone.

Ugly win was ugly. Should have been 17-14 at all and it would have never even been tight down the stretch. Defense is still suspect as hell and the offense keeps making mistakes early.

But to go up there, make all those mistakes, feel like the refs are trying to screw you, abd have the high of Diggs INT followed by the TD for them draining it all…that’s not a win to apologize for.

Not against Belicheck. Not on the road. Not when everything went against you.

BYE week came at the right now. Need to clean up those penalties and get healthy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

It’s 2 games in the last month where the refs flat stole a TD from them on the red zone.

Ugly win was ugly. Should have been 17-14 at all and it would have never even been tight down the stretch. Defense is still suspect as hell and the offense keeps making mistakes early.

But to go up there, make all those mistakes, feel like the refs are trying to screw you, abd have the high of Diggs INT followed by the TD for them draining it all…that’s not a win to apologize for.

Not against Belicheck. Not on the road. Not when everything went against you.

BYE week came at the right now. Need to clean up those penalties and get healthy.

Will D Law be back by Week 8?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The late push was more egregious.

eh, Lamb was hot doggin it into the EZ.  I don't care about any of it but I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that at some point in his career Lamb is gonna get burned on the hot doggin shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

CeeDee loving the “smell the finger” motion

I would love a gif of this. Hopefully one shows up online soon, but I love the smell my finger gif.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Did Lamb just smell his finger?

1 hour ago, pops said:

He's been doing it a bunch. 

If he keeps scoring Walk-Off TDs, he's going to be smelling his finger A BUNCH MORE! 

...SEVEN days a week he'll be smelling'!

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sitting here talking to my 16 year old who’s a bigger cowboy fan than I. Talking about Daks injury. I said dude 2 weeks ago I at strained my calf and it’s still tender when I run.   He’s like. Yeah. But you’re XX old old years and Dak is 20 something with trainers.  

me:  fuck you son you’re grounded.  

Your son is a smart kid.

I strained my calf a year ago and it took me about a month+ to get better. But then again, I'm [XX + 5-to-10] years old and I don't have any trainers tending to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I was flipping channels going to watch 60 minutes and notice the cowboys game was delaying it due to overtime. So I watched for a minute and they showed Mac Jones on the sidelines several times. Since I very seldom even see a few minutes of professional football anymore, please tell me does he always look like he's about to break out in tears?

He was yelling and bitching the whole fourth quarter, they got a pre snap penalty and he threw the ball on the ground next to the ref who was waiting for the ball.  He’s seems like a bit of a bitch. 

54 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Will D Law be back by Week 8?

No.

52 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Question is will Collins get his job back after the way Steele has been playing?

JFC.  

59 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

How long is Connor Williams going to keep playing NFL football?

Had a really bad game, but our center play is worse.  

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Entire crew should be fired tonight

This game was the same bullshit every team had to face playing NE at home. The refs. I hate bitching about them but holy shit, it's brutal at times. This was a clear score. The ref is literally looking at it. Penalties were the only reason this game was close. Dak wasn't as sharp in the 1st half but the turnover on 4th shouldn't have even happened had that got this call right. 

I fucking despise refs. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Sitting here talking to my 16 year old who’s a bigger cowboy fan than I. Talking about Daks injury. I said dude 2 weeks ago I at strained my calf and it’s still tender when I run.   He’s like. Yeah. But you’re XX old old years and Dak is 20 something with trainers.  

The truth hurts sometimes
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This game was the same bullshit every team had to face playing NE at home. The refs. I hate bitching about them but holy shit, it's brutal at times. This was a clear score. The ref is literally looking at it. Penalties were the only reason this game was close. Dak wasn't as sharp in the 1st half but the turnover on 4th shouldn't have even happened had that got this call right. 

I fucking despise refs. 

He was 14-15 for 165 yards in the first quarter, got robbed of a clear rushing TD before halftime and marched the team down the field on 2 other non scoring drives.   He was pretty damn sharp.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He was 14-15 for 165 yards in the first quarter, got robbed of a clear rushing TD before halftime and marched the team down the field on 2 other non scoring drives.   He was pretty damn sharp.  

He missed an easy TD in the end zone had he just threw it further. There was the pick. The fumble. Sure, it shouldn't have happened but it did. Bogged down in the red zone too often. 

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

We have a BYE so hopefully he can be game ready. I just wish we had taken the damn backup position more seriously though. 

How would they have taken it more serious? They got lucky when Dalton fell into their lap last year. It did not happen this year but there was not a ton of back up QBs on the market that were obvious gets. 

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t know where we go for a backup…outside of Cam or coaxing Rivers out of retirement—that’s only if necessary and Dak would miss multiple games. Gosh I hope it’s something that that won’t be an issue for any length of time. Praying that’s the case. At least the Longhorns and the Cowboys both have a Bye. So that’s when I hope to catch up on some sleep and scary movies! Lol.

Can Dallas afford per diem for the Rivers family?

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Can Collins play LG?

Isn't that kind of the common thought that Collins would be a better NFL guard than he is a NFL tackle but he refuses to consider a position change because tackles get paid better than guards? Or is that a discussion from several years ago and outdated? I say make it work somehow where Steele stays in once Collins comes back and rotate Connor out because he's fucking atrocious.

2 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

How would they have taken it more serious? They got lucky when Dalton fell into their lap last year. It did not happen this year but there was not a ton of back up QBs on the market that were obvious gets. 

I'd be all over Cam Newton if Dak even misses a snap. Cooper Rush is not NFL-quality, not even in a backup role.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Isn't that kind of the common thought that Collins would be a better NFL guard than he is a NFL tackle but he refuses to consider a position change because tackles get paid better than guards? Or is that a discussion from several years ago and outdated? I say make it work somehow where Steele stays in once Collins comes back and rotate Connor out because he's fucking atrocious.

I'd be all over Cam Newton if Dak even misses a snap. Cooper Rush is not NFL-quality, not even in a backup role.

Collins already got paid.  Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t like to be paid again, but he’s got a few years left on the contract, so he could flip back out to RT next year and no harm done to his future value.

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

that was a great call by Moore.  I'm glad he knew not to depend on zuerlein either.

Best part was how you could tell on TV that he was originally going to the receiver underneath and changed his mind and chucked it downfield when Lamb came open out of the frame. Really fun to see. 

8 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Our teenage sons must know each other.

Mine does that "you're old" shit whenever I talk about playing football back in the "old days". 30 years ago. He thinks we wore leather helmets and had no medical care at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Our teenage sons must know each other.

Mine does that "you're old" shit whenever I talk about playing football back in the "old days". 30 years ago. He thinks we wore leather helmets and had no medical care at all.

Fuk dem kids 

• Hook 'Em 1