The next 7 games-

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Alabama

At Missouri 

South Carolina

Auburn

At Ole Miss

What's the record? I see at least 2 losses in Alabama and @ Ole Miss. Then there are several toss ups. This has 9-3 or 8-4 season written all over it based on their first 3 games which is no better off than where Herman had Texas in year 4. 

I think Alabama, Ole Miss and Auburn are definitely better than aggy right now. 

I see 4 or more losses there ...

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I haven't studied Mizzou but that could be a let down too, after Bama goes dry (hopefully).    State looked like dogshit this weekend.  Guess we'll see what Ark team shows up.  Same as showed up for us, it'll be ugly.  They still have talent.  Jimbo should eventually figure out he can give it to his backs over and again and then let their very good TE gash about once every 7-8 runs.  Miss will be an interesting game, for sure. Either way, fuck aggy. 

I don't know what to think of Miss State. I didn't watch them this weekend but Memphis is a good program so I think people will probably overreact to that loss. 

The fact Miss State kept it close with Memphis on the road tells me they might actually be improving under Leach. 

Memphis could beat quite a few P5 programs. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And hasn’t aggy won like 10 straight versus ar-Kansas? This might be the year ar-Kansas might do something 

That's been such a weird match up. 

2019 (4 point loss)

2018 (7 point loss)

2017 (OT Loss)

2015 (OT Loss)

2014 (OT Loss)

Arkansas should have at least 3 or 4 wins during that stretch if Bielema didn't go full Bielema with game management and Chad Morris didn't suck. It's kind of wild because if the outcome of a few of those games is different it probably changes the perception of both programs dramatically. 

The series is really a few plays away from being 4-4 since aggy joined the SEC but it's somehow 8-0. That's why Bielema and Morris are both gone though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just saw the Colorado/Minnesota box score.

So lets get this straight.    A&M has this mighty SEC defense that allowed 283 yards to Colorado.  While Minnesota has a coach who likes to row a boat allowed 63 total yards of offense to the same Colorado team.     On offense,  aggy has SEC speed and size which only amassed 288 yards and 10 points  against the Buffalo and secured the W with a minute left in the game.   While the Gopher scored 30 points generated 444 yards on offense and dominated from start to finish.

aggy is the biggest fraud of a top ten team ever!     Maybe closely followed up by this years OU sux team led by a fake Heisman frontrunner.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, wood said:

Man, I don't.  4 losses at most, maybe.  More?  I don't see it at all.

To believe that, I'd have to think the SEC West is good.  Outside of Alabama, it's not.  And yeah, I know Arkansas beat the crap out of us.  That's more a reflection on our team and how poorly we coached and played in that game, than it is on the quality of the pigs.

I think the Mississippi schools are crap until proven otherwise, the ags completely own the pigs until proven otherwise, their specific SEC East opponents are crap until proven otherwise, and LSU isn't anywhere close to impressive last year or this year, either.

Alabama's the only sure loss.  Auburn might be a loss too but I don't believe it's a certainty.  And then two or more losses from the remaining collection of meh?  Two, maybe. More?  I don't see it.

Every year Horn fans predict doom and gloom for the ags, and almost every year they still manage to muddle through and beat some SEC teams that nobody thinks they should.

Edited by utee94

10 hours ago, wood said:

I do too.. Starting this week with loss number 1.

Considering aggy played close games against some horrible Arky teams the last few years...  This years Arky team is much improved (I think).  Even so, the fact the aggy offense has no identity and the rebirth of the "wrecking crew" might be premature based on a weak ass slate last year as well as some early cupcakes this year, I think Arky breaks their losing streak.  And maybe with some ease too?

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Man, I don't.  4 losses at most, maybe.  More?  I don't see it at all.

To believe that, I'd have to think the SEC West is good.  Outside of Alabama, it's not.  And yeah, I know Arkansas beat the crap out of us.  That's more a reflection on our team and how poorly we coached and played in that game, than it is on the quality of the pigs.

I think the Mississippi schools are crap until proven otherwise, the ags completely own the pigs until proven otherwise, their specific SEC East opponents are crap until proven otherwise, and LSU isn't anywhere close to impressive last year or this year, either.

Alabama's the only sure loss.  Auburn might be a loss too but I don't believe it's a certainty.  Two more losses from the remaining collection of meh?  I don't see it.

Every year Horn fans predict doom and gloom for the ags, and every year the SEC schedule proves to be pretty mundane for them.  

aggy just hasn't been as stellar in non conference this year compared to the prior seasons (save 2020 because they had none)  even against these cupcakes.     It's kind of like the warning signs we should've observed when Tom laid eggs against Maryland and we struggled with the likes of Tulsa for crying out loud.    

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

aggy just hasn't been as stellar in non conference this year compared to the prior seasons (save 2020 because they had none)  even against these cupcakes.     It's kind of like the warning signs we should've observed when Tom laid eggs against Maryland and we struggled with the likes of Tulsa for crying out loud.    

You could be right.  I know my ag in-laws are quite concerned about how they struggled up in Denver, given what happened to CU on Saturday. And the issues against Kent State don't help.

But even so, I don't view the SEC West as some murderer's row.  Outside of Alabama every year and LSU in 2019, it's a whole lot of meh.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Aggy d seems to struggle with cut back lanes which Ark can def exploit. But I could see elko just loading the box daring Jefferson to beat them and I don’t think he can. Plus aggy has DL depth so even if calzada calzadas they should hold up better than our front 7. Let’s go low scoring 24-20 aggy w.

Now ole miss could be a problem.

51 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Pig will be a borderline top ten after this weekend.

Pig here.  This will be the first time we have played them with any type of depth in like 6 years.  I really did not expect us to be this good but we actually have a legit football team. Special teams is where we will lose this game if our offense is not getting first downs.  We might have the worst punter in FBS.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Texasizsoback said:

Pig here.  This will be the first time we have played them with any type of depth in like 6 years.  I really did not expect us to be this good but we actually have a legit football team. Special teams is where we will lose this game if our offense is not getting first downs.  We might have the worst punter in FBS.

I hope y'all beat aggy 41-20 so they can't talk any crap about our loss.  

• Like 1

I'd say office aggys are legitimately concerned with piggy. They acknowledge their offense sucks, and they'll have to lean on Spiller and their defense for a win. 

Pretty reasonable takes. 

I could see aggy winning ugly and late. They're very fortunate to be playing them at Jerryworld. I'm not sure piggy can get over the hump in that setting. 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Aggy d seems to struggle with cut back lanes which Ark can def exploit. But I could see elko just loading the box daring Jefferson to beat them and I don’t think he can. Plus aggy has DL depth so even if calzada calzadas they should hold up better than our front 7. Let’s go low scoring 24-20 aggy w.

Now ole miss could be a problem.

Arky backup qb going to come in and fuck aggy up with his speed.

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd say office aggys are legitimately concerned with piggy. They acknowledge their offense sucks, and they'll have to lean on Spiller and their defense for a win. 

Pretty reasonable takes. 

I could see aggy winning ugly and late. They're very fortunate to be playing them at Jerryworld. I'm not sure piggy can get over the hump in that setting. 

Catalon got ejected for targeting in the 1Q last year, then Wydermyer roasted us. We can stop Spiller no problem, we cant give up big passing plays for TDs.  Have to make Calzada sustain long drives.  Aggy should be scared unless they make some improvement from the first 3 games.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Office aggy also claiming they've been rolling out their vanilla offense, and they'll have some surprises for Odom. I'm pretty skeptical. 

Odom is the brains on that coaching staff. Pittman/Briles' offense is pretty straightforward. Line up and whip up up front, mix in some RPO and play action, hit a couple deep balls. 

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope y'all beat aggy 41-20 so they can't talk any crap about our loss.  

Only hard core losers compare the value of one of their losses to another team's loss. 

"Hey, we only lost to Arkansas by 3!" Can there be a more pathetic, loser thing to celebrate? Just like their close loss to Clemson a few years ago; it was the new apex of Aggie achievement since beating Alabama in 2012. 

If they lose in a closer game, I hope they beat their chest about it on the SEC boards to further identify themselves as the traditional losers they are.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Office aggy also claiming they've been rolling out their vanilla offense, and they'll have some surprises for Odom.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. They were sitting on the good stuff while they were losing to Colorado, with less than 5 minutes to play, so they could surprise arky with it two games later. 

Not to mention jimbo hasn't changed his offense throughout his entire career.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

They're undefeated. They're not going to be satisfied merely beating Texas. They're hungry.

If Arkansas loses, it won't be for lack of effort. They must be dying to end the losing streak to the dog ass Aggies.

Should A&M win, it will be a good win for them unless Arkansas does collapse.

Jerry will sauce the SEC Refs in this one...

This will be the post game aggy conspiracy theory if they lose it.

And somehow they will tie it back to Texas....  Jerry wants Arky's strength of schedule high so the  Texas  win looks good for the Horns so they have a better shot at  the Cotton Bowl...  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Jerry will sauce the SEC Refs in this one...

This will be the post game aggy conspiracy theory if they lose it.

And somehow they will tie it back to Texas....  Jerry wants Arky's strength of schedule high so the  Texas  win looks good for the Horns so they have a better shot at  the Cotton Bowl...  

Good. I’d love to hear all about it. 

49 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They're undefeated. They're not going to be satisfied merely beating Texas. They're hungry.

If Arkansas loses, it won't be for lack of effort. They must be dying to end the losing streak to the dog ass Aggies.

Should A&M win, it will be a good win for them unless Arkansas does collapse.

This should be interesting. We have a team that can run with a running QB who is a little shaky on the passing game. Aggressive defensively. Against a team who has a bad O-line and a up and down QB, but a solid defense.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Office aggy also claiming they've been rolling out their vanilla offense, and they'll have some surprises for Odom. I'm pretty skeptical. 

Odom is the brains on that coaching staff. Pittman/Briles' offense is pretty straightforward. Line up and whip up up front, mix in some RPO and play action, hit a couple deep balls. 

Odom needs to stick to the Brent Venables coaching plan and just stay a DC. I would gladly pay him $3+ MM to just coach defense.

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

Not getting my hopes up for an Arky win, they'll blow it somehow.

Arkansas' offensive strengths line up with aggy's defensive strengths. Aggy isn't dumb enough to allow Arkansas to run all over them. You make them beat you with the QB's arm. We opted not to do that. 

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

I know my ag in-laws are quite concerned about how they struggled up in Denver, given what happened to CU on Saturday.

Let's be fair. It was the anniversary of 9/11. All the deaths on that day reminded aggy that Tupac died almost five years to the day earlier than that. It was hard for them to stay focused. 

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

A&M will see the slate for next year, how to plan another loss to Alabama:

I have to say, it would be ironic if UT beats 'Bama as an XII school, but A&M loses to the Tide as an SEC member...

I'd be stunned if Texas beats Bama in the next 5 years.  Very pleased but stunned. 

• Like 3

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/eykptk/secrant-power-rankings-2021-community-week-

Power Ranking:

Drag and Drop to place these in order from best/most to worst/least
  • Alabama
  • Auburn
  • Arkansas
  • Florida
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
  • Georgia
  • LSU
  • Missouri
  • Texas A&M
  • Kentucky
  • Vanderbilt
Edited by Cairn Horn88

image.png.510caae32abda3f8caacd5f3eb58a904.png

From SECRant. Pig defining Aggy as a cult. Aggies are doing their Texags thing of posting something lame and then proclaiming it was brilliant. 

It's homophobic, but a great riposte at an manly, manful Aggie who actually is homophobic.

Edit to add another from a different thread:

image.png.6384b9341a261d6e1f29879b7f8ca6a5.png

Their beloved SEC family doesn't really like them at all. Sad.

Edited by RomaVicta

53 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Our D plan against piggy was pretty shitty.  I don't expect aggy to fuck that up like we did.  the aggy O is in trouble with Calzeda.  I could see this being a 17-14 type of affair  either way.

This was my thought. As long as Arky can hit a few big passes this one could get interesting. 

21 hours ago, South Austin said:

Arkansas won their Super Bowl. The rest of the season doesn’t matter.

A&M fans are calling this game Arkansas' Super Bowl too...guess we'll play a lot of them this year.

19 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Arkansas' offensive strengths line up with aggy's defensive strengths. Aggy isn't dumb enough to allow Arkansas to run all over them. You make them beat you with the QB's arm. We opted not to do that. 

They did allow Colorado's QB to rush for 76 yards and gave up 5 YPC to Kent State. I think the key will be if Calzada can hit some of those deep passes that Card couldn't complete if Arkansas decides to go with a similar gameplan and try to stuff the run. Odom against a fairly inexperienced QB is usually pretty good though.

4 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

A&M fans are calling this game Arkansas' Super Bowl too...guess we'll play a lot of them this year.

Wake me up when Arkansas' entire identity is wrapped up in playing Texas A&M in anything. Also, this game is in Dallas, not Fayetteville.

Calzada is notoriously inaccurate. If you guys can get pressure on him, he'll be a turnover machine. That said, Jimbo's offense is designed with a lot of safety valves so the QB only has to manage the game.

Edited by Tex Pete