• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Imagine Aggy having gone undefeated only to have not played for the national championship and for the team to have lost that national championship game having been forced to vacate all their wins later on down the road. That would have been the ultimate nut punch not sure why that is so hard to grasp....

Not hard to grasp at all, but it would not have been sad at all.  It would have been glorious.

2 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Not hard to grasp at all, but it would not have been sad at all.  It would have been glorious.

The sadness was that they left the B12 and didn't get to get punched in the nuts that hard leaving them the ultimate "what-if" Uncle Rico scenario of all time.

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

It is actually pretty sad they left the B12 that year because they likely would have gone undefeated 

Wrong / trump gif

The idea that they would have rolled through the big 12, that understood how to stop that offense is just aggy level revisionist thinking.       

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Wrong / trump gif

The idea that they would have rolled through the big 12, that understood how to stop that offense is just aggy level revisionist thinking.       

Who the fuck would have beaten them?  Did you watch the Sooners attempt the trick? LOL

On 5/30/2023 at 2:59 PM, 83Horn said:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph...these assclowns will leech on to anything in order to reflect more "honor" on themselves.  The epitome of stolen honor.  They are such an embarrassment to the State of Texas.

That's exactly what it is. They're just another "outfit" in the corps doing the usual nut-squeezing, jizz jar filling, and creating murderous bonfire. Oh, they wear special t-shirts that are just plain awkward. 

Can we make some sort of supernatural deal to trade these guys for the actual astronauts?

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The Big 12 was full of defenses built to stop wide open offense. The SEC was not. They would have lost.

There are always one or two games where that offense doesn't work so well. It happened every year to Leach at Tech. A&M was good but not great. I think they would have stumbled at least once in the Big 12.

The Big 12 was full of defenses built to stop wide open offense. The SEC was not. They would have lost.

That’s the reason for aggy immediate success in year one of SEC play. Remember who won the East during that same timeframe - Missouri.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There are always one or two games where that offense doesn't work so well. It happened every year to Leach at Tech. A&M was good but not great. I think they would have stumbled at least once in the Big 12.

And look at how many times OU has stubbed its toe once or twice against a "lesser" team. It's almost never Texas, but it happens nearly every year. The Big 12 has always been full of teams that can jump up and bite. Playing teams every week that know your personnel and tendencies is a real challenge.

All it would have taken to beat Johnny Manziel was an equipment manager tossing a baggie of coke out onto the field. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Their leap in logic from "if we win one of those games" to "we win it all" is aggyesque.  Mother fuckers, you still would had to beat Georgia in the SECCG and a salty as fuck Notre Dame defense in the BCSCG.

Shit, using a smaller jump to conclusions mat than aggy's 2012 championship fanfic, we could argue that we were 6 plays away from winning 6 more titles in the past 60 years - 1964, 1968, 1983, 2001, 2008, 2009.  But fuck all that, we got 4 and that's 4x where they're at.

Edited by Redneck Mutha

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Their leap in logic from "if we win one of those games" to "we win it all" is aggyesque.  Mother fuckers, you still would had to beat Georgia in the SECCG and a salty as fuck Notre Dame defense in the BCSCG.

Shit, using a smaller jump to conclusions mat than aggy's 2012 championship fanfic, we could argue that we were 6 plays away from winning 6 more titles in the past 60 years - 1964, 1968, 1983, 2001, 2008, 2009.  But fuck all that, we got 4 and that's 4x where they're at.

We weren't beating that Miami team in 2001

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Is this real?

Not exactly. 

The real quote is "I don’t mind playing 8 or 9 conference games, I do believe this: we need to play a (FCS) game,” his logic being that the FCS teams need an P5 game to make their budgets. 

https://fbschedules.com/texas-am-jimbo-fisher-advocates-to-continue-playing-fcs-opponents/

The tweet makes it sound like LSU designed the helmet themselves, true or false? If not then we (and every other team) should have the option of ac helmets.

I clicked but lots of pop ups.

Air whisking around 1 inch from your ears seems like a lot of noise.
Not unless the fans are spinning at super high rpm. I assume it works similar to ventilated car seats..tiny fans circulating air, but not really chilled air. (On most cars at least)

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Not exactly. 

The real quote is "I don’t mind playing 8 or 9 conference games, I do believe this: we need to play a (FCS) game,” his logic being that the FCS teams need an P5 game to make their budgets. 

https://fbschedules.com/texas-am-jimbo-fisher-advocates-to-continue-playing-fcs-opponents/

Oh yeah, I'm sure Jimbo cares so much about those poor FCS teams.  

55 minutes ago, ousux said:

The tweet makes it sound like LSU designed the helmet themselves, true or false? If not then we (and every other team) should have the option of ac helmets.

Those curious about the helmets' design and parent company can visit Tigeraire's website here. The Bayou-based business described its credo as follows. 

"In 2020 Tigeraire was founded with a simple mission: Make protective equipment more comfortable. We develop airflow products that help athletes, industrial workers, and military personnel stay cool, enabling them to increase their performance and productivity, while feeling much more comfortable."

Indeed, the helmets- assuming they're approved for use during the season- would provide incredible comfort as the team battles scorching Southern heat in the coming year.

4 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Those curious about the helmets' design and parent company can visit Tigeraire's website here. The Bayou-based business described its credo as follows. 

"In 2020 Tigeraire was founded with a simple mission: Make protective equipment more comfortable. We develop airflow products that help athletes, industrial workers, and military personnel stay cool, enabling them to increase their performance and productivity, while feeling much more comfortable."

Indeed, the helmets- assuming they're approved for use during the season- would provide incredible comfort as the team battles scorching Southern heat in the coming year.

Since the Horns will be playing Rice the first week of Sept in Austin, and we all know how “cool” it is this time of year, I’d like to get one, like my chair-backs so, I, as a super fan, can stay cool for a 2:30 kickoff!  Let’s A/C the fans not in a suite!

4 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

aggy is well known for being undefeated in hypothetical games

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Don't forget the aggy logic that says the UT national championship in 1970 doesn't count, but the aggy artificially created one 100 years after the fact does.

Two actually 

DXJ9M2YV4AAs5hC.jpg

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

5.   Who would have beaten them?  Kansas St went 11-2, Texas went 9-4, Ok state and baylor went 8-5.    Someone would have jumped up at got them.

Yep.  They'd lost 4 straight to Okie St at that point and were due to go to Stillwater in '12.  WVa was hot early and Baylor was playing well late starting with their 28 point beatdown to then #1 KSt.  Throw in some Purple Wizard, a little Raider Rash, and a trip to Austin and 2 losses seems likely had they stayed in the B12 for 2012.  

The most effective way I know to keep cool is an ice pack or similarly cold neck collar that is in close contact with the carotid arteries.  I helped develop such a thing, and while we didn't pursue it commercially, it was remarkable as to how well it helped fight off heat related illness.  It cools a large fraction of the blood supply which then gets moved around the body, cooling everything down.

Go Tigahs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The most effective way I know to keep cool is an ice pack or similarly cold neck collar that is in close contact with the carotid arteries.  I helped develop such a thing, and while we didn't pursue it commercially, it was remarkable as to how well it helped fight off heat related illness.  It cools a large fraction of the blood supply which then gets moved around the body, cooling everything down.

Go Tigahs.

image.gif.b23294ab8801481959a94325ecc1a67e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i wonder if the families know....

and how the fuck they morph from 7 to 17 ???

wtf is that about?

If I had to guess when Columbia exploded that pushed it to 14 and at that point to goose the numbers further, much like the championships added many years after the fact, they decided to appropriate the memory of the Apollo 1 crew bringing them to 17.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

aggy is well known for being undefeated in hypothetical games

Two actually 

DXJ9M2YV4AAs5hC.jpg

There were some Civil War veterans still living the last (and only)  time aggy won an MNC (which is also claimed by Bama).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

There were some Civil War veterans still living the last (and only)  time aggy won an MNC (which is also claimed by Bama).
I bet they dusted off their Confederate uniforms for the event...ears glued to the radio for the most glorious day in aggy history.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This is just more evidence that aggy gets more enjoyment from Texas losing than it does winning themselves.

It's worse than that, it's not even Texas losing  - we still could/should/would beat Stanford and go to the CWS  . No, they would be happy losing as long if we were slightly annoyed and inconvenienced. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1