Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Really? You're complaining about a slight digression in a thread with almost 60,000 posts, and a few hundred other digressions? Congratulations, essence of Surly.

To be fair "Essence of Surly" is a decent name for a band, a Fragrance, or a Rogue Shop product.

Or aka, what’s left in South Austin’s mom!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I don't understand what impact playing Big Bro has on the decision to fire him or not (reality being you can't afford to, near future either). Are they implying 'Jimbo is bad enough to fire, but we can beat those damn sips with him' ? If anything it gives them a built-in excuse if Texas beats then next year-'it's Jimbo's fault, he sucks". Of course aggy has another built-in excuse if somehow he isn't back next year- ' new coach had to fix Jimbo's mess- next year is our year'. Looch- you're welcome I just came up with your headline for next year, Jimbo or no Jimbo

They’re afraid that the roster and recruiting class will fall apart without Jimbo. Plus it seems like all the money is not united in firing him without an obvious name they can all get excited about. Keeping Jimbo gives them the best roster next year, in their opinion, and if he loses to Texas it galvanizes the money to finally fire him. Each loss is messing up the plan because it’s making some of the money impatient 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not shocked that they can't/won't pay this ridiculous buyout 

I am shocked they finally decided to pull the plug on letting aggy common folk think that 'they' were rich enough to fire jimbo whenever they wanted LOL 

I guess this means they'll roll the dice on a new O-Line coach , hope NIL can keep the team and class together and pulse check next year 

I hope this is a long few years for them 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, ousux said:

My counter would be as follows..

"I'm glad you brought that up because I've been wondering why ya'll don't go back to the Big12 or join the ACC where you can win the conference every few years"

Psh, more like the AAC

23 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I guess this means they'll roll the dice on a new O-Line coach , hope NIL can keep the team and class together and pulse check next year 

I don't know why any position coach with options would go there knowing he will almost certainly be looking for a job in the next 2 years.  They are going to have to overpay with guaranteed 3 year contracts to replace anyone on that staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don't know why any position coach with options would go there knowing he will almost certainly be looking for a job in the next 2 years.  They are going to have to overpay with guaranteed 3 year contracts to replace anyone on that staff.

remember this incident ? 

https://alcalde.texasexes.org/2015/12/texas-introduces-new-football-coaches-gilbert-and-mattox/

they'll be fielding O-Line coaches like a G6 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Like 1

I'd love for USC to strike out on a couple of their highly considered guys and end up with Durkin. That would be fucking awesome. Jimbo having to make another DC hire would bring the off-season laughs.
aggy could luck into a decent DC who was unfairly scapegoated at another program and looking for a landing spot willing to overpay.

3 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

remember this incident ? 

https://alcalde.texasexes.org/2015/12/texas-introduces-new-football-coaches-gilbert-and-mattox/

they'll be fielding O-Line coaches like a G6 

I remember, I ran into Sterling Gilbert on west 6th the night he got fired and he ended up getting wasted and hung out with my friends and I that night. Nice guy 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

That “Hundred Year Decision” meme is right up there with the “Thousand Year Reich” in terms of success.

Unlike A&M, at least the 1000 Year Reich won some battles after 1939.  Plus between Hugh Boss uniforms and Kohl's overalls with housepaint, I'll take the Waffen look.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

They talked so much shit about having the buyout money already together years ago. Am I remembering that wrong?

'They' were a bunch of message board people like us, not big fat money big whigs who have to sign checks. 

And yes they acted like none of this was a big deal the entirety of jimbo's limbo 

Pretty bad when you tour the "Hall of Champions" and all you can see are trophies for meat judging. No worries got Jimbo to fill them to the rafters with National Trophies

Duh - stupid sip! It’s easier to keep it squeaky clean and dust free that way! It still has that new shine to it, because we’re spending the most on “the best.” Gig’em.

Hook’em!!!

On 11/8/2023 at 9:15 AM, Blotto said:

Exactly. A repeat of last season where aggy pisses in Kelly's corn flakes at the end of season would be glorious. Those stupid fucks cant help but convince themselves Jimbo's finally putting it all together. At that point, they can covid their way out of another bowl game to avoid a momentum crushing loss heading into next season, and away we go...

Roller Coaster Going Up GIF - Roller Coaster Going Up ...

I said it a while ago and I will say it again. They do not need to win to get the coaster going.

image.png.4859da037858cbeeca5e8b5f2b6cbedd.png

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

He's not wrong about a quick turnaround being possible in the portal era. Will aggy make the right hire for that turnaround? No.

For other programs the possible portal turnaround is true but this is aggy we are talking about.

Edited by DanTheHorn

7 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

He's not wrong about a quick turnaround being possible in the portal era. Will aggy make the right hire for that turnaround? No.

The quick turnaround in the portal era is absolutely true for the skill positions but just look at sub-prime's line of scrimmage.

Currently aggy's biggest problem is the offensive side where sub-prime has problems on both sides.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/article/haynes-kings-resurgence-as-georgia-techs-qb-stems-from-a-mechanical-evolution-his-upside-is-unbelievable-219852065/

LMFAO I guess those Dameyune Craig jump drills didn't do much to evolve King's game.  You'd think the qb whisperer would be able to fix it but I think we can safely 86 that myth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

The quick turnaround in the portal era is absolutely true for the skill positions but just look at sub-prime's line of scrimmage.

Currently aggy's biggest problem is the offensive side where sub-prime has problems on both sides.

aggy had I think 9 4* OL between the 21-23 classes...is that evaluation, development, or just aggy being aggy? 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://247sports.com/article/haynes-kings-resurgence-as-georgia-techs-qb-stems-from-a-mechanical-evolution-his-upside-is-unbelievable-219852065/

LMFAO I guess those Dameyune Craig jump drills didn't do much to evolve King's game.  You'd think the qb whisperer would be able to fix it but I think we can safely 86 that myth.
Whispered gibberish is still gibberish
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL LIVING FUCK? THEY ACTUALLY EXTENDED THOSE FUCKERS? THEY DID IT!

who has the article?

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/texas-am-aggies-football-gave-new-contracts-or-extensions-for-several-assistant-coaches-219927129/

Don't have the article but Addazio was just coaching gratis since February?

Blink-wtf GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY