• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

We laugh about how aggy says we are afraid of their impending dominance, but I must say -

I'm very scared, I'm shaking, and I'm very nervous (King Floyd) about the hell, the dominance, the fury, and the overall superiority they are about to lay upon, not just the SEC and the state of Texas, but upon the ENTIRE Western Hemisphere.

Those blurry spots on your screen are my tears - my tears for fear!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I had a long day and could use a laugh - can somebody post the YouTube link of the edits of the one-toothed Spaniard cracking wise about aggy? It was posted a few days ago but with all the recent aggy misery, this thread and the aggy croot threads have been moving so fast I can’t find the posts. Thanks in advance.

I’m not nuts about “making plays in space” and “running downhill.”

It’s hard to overstate the vast difference in the trajectory of the two programs right now.  Sark appears to be building a program that can compete at a high level for the foreseeable future and aggy is just stepping on rakes.  
the simpsons rake GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

NSIAP, from the chronicle article on the corps hazing...

I don't see what the big deal is. Re-enacting the rape scene from Pulp Fiction is just good bull. Bring out the gimp!

If true, that is some sick crap. It sounds more like a criminal matter than just a civil suit. And won't we be shocked if a major cover-up is fully exposed. What a depraved, backwards cult that is. 

7 hours ago, NoName said:

the smart move would have been to keep Robinson, who is already on the books anyway, make him the DC, and if he sucks you go to admin and say "you made me keep this guy, i'm going to eject him into the sun" - if he's good then he is eventually going to go elsewhere for full reign as the coordinator or take a job somewhere as a HC sooner than later.

You don't know how their conversation went. For all we know, Robinson might have made some noise about this being 'his' team, and how the players would listen to him over The Belly, I mean The Elk. 

1 hour ago, 83Horn said:

I submit "resiliency" for consideration.  The word is "resilience". 

You are right. "Resiliency" has been insidiously creeping into English usage since those hippies started throwing it around in the 1600s. Really, the whole transition from Latin to English among the educated in the 1500s and 1600s was a mistake. People should just use resiliens.

• Like 2
  • Drool 2

7 hours ago, 686 said:

I had a long day and could use a laugh - can somebody post the YouTube link of the edits of the one-toothed Spaniard cracking wise about aggy? It was posted a few days ago but with all the recent aggy misery, this thread and the aggy croot threads have been moving so fast I can’t find the posts. Thanks in advance.

What you need is @Hank Kingsley's rendition

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

For all the grief we give aggy and the bulk of which is absolutely deserved there is one narrative where we are dead wrong.

They claim the Texas A&M job is the best in the country and we laugh because you are surrounded by a cult a bunch of rubes and stuck in a soviet era architecture time capsule but honestly they are right and we are wrong...

Kevin Sumlin was allowed to coach his entire tenure while completely drunk.

Jimbo Fisher was paid $113 million to perform even worse than the guy literally coaching under the influence.

Elijah Robinson is allowed to recruit players for the Syracuse roster while being paid by A&M, even using A&M's visits to recruit players for Syracuse

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Or the IQ of a mob is...Whichever works best.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, crash_davis said:

How does Bjork still have a fucking job?????? 

He's made one colossal fuck up after another. aggy leadership must be in shambles that they cannot fire this dude.

Because he is nothing more than a mouthpiece for John Sharp. And I suspect that Sharp knows if he tries to throw Bjork under the bus and fires him, Bjork will sing like a canary.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I doubt it.  (1) Bjork is a giant gaping pussy, and (2) if he wants another AD job, he's not going to shit on a former employer on the way out.

Maybe, but as of right now, Bjork looks completely incompetent and borderline retarded as an AD, which will make it difficult for him to even be offered another AD job. So if he weighs the risk of not getting any offers due to looking like an idiot versus letting people know that it was actually Sharp making the terrible decisions, then he may be able to distance himself from Sharp an appear as a better candidate.

My personal thought is that it is both; Bjork is an idiot, but also a mouthpiece for Sharp.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pimphand said:

For all the grief we give aggy and the bulk of which is absolutely deserved there is one narrative where we are dead wrong.

They claim the Texas A&M job is the best in the country and we laugh because you are surrounded by a cult a bunch of rubes and stuck in a soviet era architecture time capsule but honestly they are right and we are wrong...

Kevin Sumlin was allowed to coach his entire tenure while completely drunk.

Jimbo Fisher was paid $113 million to perform even worse than the guy literally coaching under the influence.

Elijah Robinson is allowed to recruit players for the Syracuse roster while being paid by A&M, even using A&M's visits to recruit players for Syracuse

• Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

My personal thought is that it is both; Bjork is an idiot, but also a mouthpiece for Sharp.

They are (or were) both all-in on a near-future CFP game in college station to make good on their financial incompetence.  Clearly that is not going to happen any time soon, so from where will that money they were already spending in their heads come?

Athletic Director Ross Bjork sees a field of dreams. 

"It really gives you goosebumps, thinking about what’s going to happen," he says.

Bjork envisions more than 100,000 screaming fans making Kyle Field shake as the Aggies host their first ever college football playoff game. 

"People have no idea the magnitude of that," he says, "from restaurants to hotels…"

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/football/texas-a-and-m-athletic-director-ross-bjork-jimbo-fisher-firing-guaranteed-extension-mistake-next-aggies-coach/287-20c60f29-c3cd-43bb-bd4a-bdeef44f486b

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Playing McNeese, Bowling Green and NM State out of conference should immediately eliminate them from playoff consideration. But so will their 5-7 record.

Don’t sleep on NMSU. The (NMSU) Aggies are pretty stinkin’ good, historically great for that school and state. If the portal doesn’t destroy them, they’ll be more than a speed bump for aggy in 2024, particularly with aggy’s lack of depth because of the portal gutting them like a fish the last two years. 

Updated my little Aggie Cup standings:

2023 Aggie Cup Standings (pre-bowl)

NMSU 10-4

Delaware Valley 9-2

UC Davis 7-4

TAMU 7-5

Utah State 6-6

Oklahoma Panhandle State 4-6

NC A&T 1-10

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Lulz, jimbo's cuckoldry has infected the entire department. 

Holy shit. They are worried about going head to head against Syracuse.

They probably should be worried.

Syracuse won an undisputed national championship in 1959.

Compared to aggy they're a modern dynasty.

Syracuse Orange granddad can smack talk all day long over great-grandpa aggy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Economically this makes sense for the poor college student.  Scoop up 4 for $65 a whack and turn around - sell them to some successful longhorn fan for $475 a pop.  $1,640 profit for 8 hours of time - that's over $200 / hour.  Freshmen aggy students are outpacing the Brazos county bar association's average hourly rate.

Alternate argument in favor, if you had the following three options for your free time, which would you choose:

1.  Go to yell practice;

2.  Stand in line waiting for a table at Lupe Tortilla, and then waddle back to your 80's era apartment;

3.  Go glamping with a bunch of college girls in a well maintained city park with boring architecture.

I'm in on 3, and doordash the Lupe to my tent.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

And Syracuse beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl.

54 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

if you want to laugh a little more about it, A&M has 4 conference championships since 1990 (91, 92, 93, 94, 98) - Syracuse has 6.

A&M has 0 conference championships since 2000. Syracuse has 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm old enough to remember when Jimbo was a sitting P5 corch with a natty trophy and worth every penny.  Now it seems poor corch the elk has been handed a program that is a complete mess.  I also seem to remember the texurgs clowns reassuring the masses that everything Jimbo did was great and awesome and all part of Plan 2024.

shambles.png

Edited by TOR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7