Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

11 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I knew it already, but sometimes is still shocks me how much Aggies really do invest more emotionally in Texas losing than A&M winning.

It's so logically flawed and unique. I truly don't know of any group of fans so singularly focused. Sure, lots a fan bases hate Texas or some other school a ton. (Auburn - Bama/Spartans-Michigab/UOhio-Ohio State) but nothing I'm else aware is so focused on one specific team losing.

One. Not their team winning, ONE team losing.

It's easy.

aggy will never win anything meaningful.  They've all been watching long enough to know it, even if they won't admit it.

As we all know, unfortunately, Texas has lost in infuriating fashion all too often over the last 13 years.

So, they've given up hoping for the impossible thing they really want in favor of the possible thing that makes them feel better about never being relevant.

It's dumb and pathetic, so pretty much on brand.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Aggy staff, players, fans and alumni are sitting at home today just wishing they were playing in a game today.  BWHAHA!  They'll be calling each other and calling us names to subjectively make themselves feel better.  It's my suggestion, that if you know one give 'em a call yourself.  Let 'em know, that all though you don't necessarily feel their pain and suffering you do enjoy it, tell 'em to enjoy our game and remind 'em that misery loves company. Finally, tell 'em that we'll be playing again next and prepare thy anus for more TEXAS FOOTBALL!

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, NWAustinDude said:

I thought that back then the bowls were considered meaningless exhibition games after the regular season, meaning that the bowls didn't carry much weight as to who the champ was. 

Not like it matters, that was so fucking long ago, there aren't many people alive now that were alive then.

Paging Armybrat.

7 hours ago, NWAustinDude said:

I don’t know if there is an official way to count this, but it is a little over 31k days between the Charge of the Light Brigade and the first game of TAMU’s 1939 season. It is about a year short of 31k days between 1-1-40 and 1-1-2024. So, around mid summer,…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

I don’t know if there is an official way to count this, but it is a little over 31k days between the Charge of the Light Brigade and the first game of TAMU’s 1939 season. It is about a year short of 31k days between 1-1-40 and 1-1-2024. So, around mid summer,…

My current favorite is that 1/1/40 is closer to the start of the Civil War than it is to today. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, miguelito said:

I thought that back then the bowls were considered meaningless exhibition games after the regular season, meaning that the bowls didn't carry much weight as to who the champ was. 

Not like it matters, that was so fucking long ago, there aren't many people alive now that were alive then.

Paging Armybrat.

That Sugar Bowl was well before my time…and my older brother’s too.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

My current favorite is that 1/1/40 is closer to the start of the Civil War than it is to today. 

Yeah, and that is a better reference for Americans than the Crimean War. But, the last Ag MNC being closer to the start of the Civil Wat has been the case for a few years now. 

In seven years, it will be closer to the end of the Mexican American War, than to the present. 

Another good reference- when the Ags won their MNC, the U.S. flag had 48 stars. Their MNC is closer to the flag having 31 stars than to now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, miguelito said:

Paging Armybrat.

The entire season was an exhibition. These are the articles from the era that I got from wikipedia
Bowl vs Tulane
https://www.newspapers.com/article/times-record-news-kimbrough-powers-aggie/98922850/

Game with UT

https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-austin-american-tradition-upheld-as/98923182/

Neither mention a national championship nor do they even obssess over rankings, which is not bad a perfect season is real,  a mythical title is mythical.

That said if the aggies did have more pressure that year no doubt they lose to Tulane. It is what they are.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/29/2023 at 7:13 PM, pyrohornIII said:

It started losing it years ago.  But then I was lucky to eat at some of the original ones in Corpus, back when they wrote your order on the bag.   In Austin my go to is Hill-bert's out on Cameron Rd.    I stopped for an OT Special the other day, and was pretty disappointed.  

Isn't the OT Special at Dirty's and not Hill-bert's?  Both are great places but then again I'm no Meat Pimp

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

When we win tonight Texags is gonna implode!

Stupid sip Washington lost because they didn't think Texas should be there and they sacrificed themselves so everyone else would get the message about the BOMC sips.

1 hour ago, brownboy said:

Isn't the OT Special at Dirty's and not Hill-bert's?  Both are great places but then again I'm no Meat Pimp

Yeah. I should have been clearer.  Had the OT at Dirty's.  Switched horses in mid stream.    I really hate how they've removed the bar stools and put up that plexiglass wall at Dirty's.  Was always entertaining to interact with the cooks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry (for you) that you couldn't play at your dream school. Say hi to your pals Drake, LeBron, and whoever else you were star-fucking. I'm sure you're all still tight. Missed you on the Heisman commercials. I'll have to look closer as you're not very big. If you were bigger, maybe you could have made it in the NFL as a DB.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

they can scream from the rooftops how much money they have, but this is the definition of a broke boy CFB coaching staff

image.thumb.png.2fbb3de8215486cb573a822aceb66837.png

how is it possible they still have not finished up the offensive side of the ball.

• OC/QB: Klein
  • *RCG/OL: Cushing
  • *RB: Trooper Taylor
  • WR: ???
  • TE: ???

Looch said BCG was coming back, but guess he's toast with Aristide being announced as the DB coach.

• DL: Shawn Spencer Football GIF by PeacockTV
  • LB: the Wakeyleaks cheater guy who failed everywhere not named Army
  • *DB: Ishmael Aristide
  • *ST: Patrick Dogherty, who also coached TE at Duke but isn't at A&M

so they bring over OL, RB, DB and ST from Duke, they bring in another guy whose inside the Elko trust tree at LB and DL.

they bring in an OC who isn't hiring his guy at OL or RB coach? yeah. that typically works out well.

how is it post all bowl games and they STILL do not have all their coaching staff announced? lol

wonder if Klein is bringing over the guy who is their TE coach now with him? been there a few years. the KSU WR coach now has only been there 1 year and came from Kent State. the WR coach they had last year went back to Illinois. the guy they had before that (a name mentioned before, Courtney Messingham was at Illinois last year as an offensive assistant)

really wondering if they keep James Coley on staff as WR or TE coach at this point too. dude is still active on twitter re: A&M

---

because of how their CMS works you can poke around and see things you shouldn't potentially so as soon as their next coach is hired and in the system, it's likely going to be one of these links (ignore the name, the last 4 digits is what matters)

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1759

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1760

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1761

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1762

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1763

https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-dougherty/1764

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

I haven’t waded into Texags today.  They must be very conflicted.  Bama lost but so did UT. Do they celebrate UT’s loss or mourn the fact that they can’t win their 7th MNC (by conference proxy)?  Maybe they consider the upcoming MNC winner to be illegitimate because they won’t be SECX3?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nnm said:

I haven’t waded into Texags today.  They must be very conflicted.  Bama lost but so did UT. Do they celebrate UT’s loss or mourn the fact that they can’t win their 7th MNC (by conference proxy)?  Maybe they consider the upcoming MNC winner to be illegitimate because they won’t be SECX3?

Mostly trying to jack off the flaccid micropeens over the sips choking.