Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, TexasBeta said:

I see they both have earned the Typing award as well as the one for Surfing.. Good for those goofy bastards. 

They’re gonna read your insult and those Aggie suckers are gonna get you one day.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

25 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I find the Bjork/tOSU jibba here amusing. I look at it as a win win. Bjork sucks, I laugh at OSU, he does great I get to mock aggie some more. 

Can't find the downside.

Yeah it's definitely a no lose situation since we know Sharp will gomer the replacement hire and even if the blind squirrel found an acorn the candidate would be handcuffed anyways. #diplomamill

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can’t say our new university president is making a good first impression with this hire. 

the official announcement was written by bjork's agent and is 50% bullshit and 25% outright fabrication

no one in your echochamber will bother to fact-check it in arrears

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Still, it’s possible that we’ll need to be looking for new coaches in football and basketball in the near future. I’m not sure I trust this guy to A) make the right decision to replace a coach who needs to be replaced and not give them a hefty extension and raise instead, or B) hire the right replacement if he does make that move.

fwiw bjork had zero to do with signing, extending, or firing jimbo

the aggy AD does not make football decisions

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I can't think of the last AD or head coach from A&M being poached for what seems to be a upward move.  Other than the tennis coach who UT went after?

Gillespie bolting from aggy hoops to Kentucky would definitely qualify as an upward move. But he was unable to rid himself of that aggy stench, and he was gone from lexington in a couple of years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Wasn’t he the one at SEC media days crying (like almost to the verge of tears) when it was announced Texas was going to the SEC?

aggy found out about the move about 45 minutes before that spontaneous presser, and for 40 of those minutes sharpe was screaming and caterwauling at bjork over the phone because sharpe couldn't believe the deal had been cooking for 2 years and he had to attack somebody

during the tirade sharpe freestyles the aggy response and texts zwerneman on their burner cells

so bjork was a little rattled when he hung up from talkiebird and only had 30 seconds to digest his talking points handed to him by zwerneman

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

This.  The guy made the biggest mistake in college football history and....he's a sought after individual?  What am I missing here?  Is tOSU run by waterheads?  Their program will spiral.  They let A&M off the hook.  I was waiting for his firing after the Jimbo debacle, but my thinking was, "They can't fire him.  If they do they will have to admit that they made the biggest mistake in history and that they are a laughingstock.  They never have, never will and simply cannot do that."

assume you are talking about the jimbo contract, which happened before he got there, and with which he would have had nothing to do; same with the extension, and termination, those documents were prepared for him and he was a pass-through

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

assume you are talking about the jimbo contract, which happened before he got there, and with which he would have had nothing to do; same with the extension, and termination, those documents were prepared for him and he was a pass-through

So, Bjork was just a piece of furniture?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

The extent to which Looch has any real influence in their athletic dept is a sad indictment of their organization.

the ministry only speaks for ingsoc

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

So, Bjork was just a piece of furniture?

in football, absolutely

in any other sport, zero fucks given

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

On XM84 Full Ride, Neuheisel and Childers were just openly campaigning for RC Slocum to step in and become the AD for a few years and “unite the masses and make sure Mike Elko has everything he needs.”

Now, nevermind that the HC at ATM is usually getting whatever they want, as the Jimbo years show. That counterpoint is absurd. Just focus on the glory of what could possibly be if Slocum gets the gig. That would be one of the aggiest maneuvers of all time. 

Hey I'm all for this, especially if it means the revival of Slocum on a Mobile. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Bjork must have shown, in the interview process, emails where he told Sharp and the BOR that the jimbo extension was stupid and fiscally irresponsible.   It is the only explanation. 

you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-l

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I think the Ohio State President google'd "AD at Texas" thinking he'd find CDC and ended up with Bjork (slight /s) 

Taking for a moment the assumption that Bjork really had no power or influence over the athletic department, what evidence is there he can run a successful athletic department. Ole Miss ? Lucky he didn't end up with lack of institutional control over Freeze. 

I really don't understand how tOSU looked over the field of athletic departments and settled on jimbo's crackhead twin brother to run their entire operation. 

I hope they massively fail 

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I find the Bjork/tOSU jibba here amusing. I look at it as a win win. Bjork sucks, I laugh at OSU, he does great I get to mock aggie some more. 

Can't find the downside.

Aggy AD position is a stepping stone job and has been proven the last few years. 

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm talking about the extension and termination including the record buyout.  Are you telling me Bjork had nothing at all to do with those?  If so: 

rights saudi GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Stepping stone and aggy made me think of this.

indylc_3949.jpg

Ags met you, Bjork, you didn't have no shoes

Now you're walking 'round like you're front page news

You've been awful, careful 'bout the friends you choose

But, you won't have Jimbo in your book of who's who

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

The extent to which Looch has any real influence in their athletic dept is a sad indictment of their organization.

As are their historical "success," all the money they piss away, Fish Camp, Yell Leaders, killing a bunch of kids with negligence, etc.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Gillespie bolting from aggy hoops to Kentucky would definitely qualify as an upward move. But he was unable to rid himself of that aggy stench, and he was gone from lexington in a couple of years. 

Billy Gillespie, who I used to know many years ago, was/is a drunk who could not get away from his demons.

At some point in his life, he begin to let his ego get the best of him and never dealt with his issues. He got a DWI at UTEP and then got hired at A&M. He didn't suffer any consequences and never checked himself. He proceeded to wreck himself. Honestly, he was a very nice guy years ago. Personal and not overly arrogant for a coach. He just bought too much into the praise people heaped upon him.

Bjorke is the classic example of Fup and move up from his earliest examples. Ole Miss, maybe he wasn’t privy to telephone records, but still.

He hasn’t even proven himself at aggy, like even being top 25 in the Directors Cup, since his arrival at B/CS. All the $$$ aggy throws at both men/women’s athletics, and they still suck!

Search committee at OSU was blindfolded/mislead. Good luck going forward.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Texas reported athletic department revenue of $271 million in 2023, a record for NCAA schools:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2024/01/17/texas-athletic-department-271-million-revenue/72255138007/

For now, the new total stands as the largest single-year total since the NCAA began its current financial reporting system in 2005. Ohio State reported $251.6 million in 2022. (Oregon reported $391.8 million in 2020, but that included more than $270 million as a contribution for the renovation of its track and field stadium.)

By category, Texas’ largest year-over-year increases were:
-- $11 million in contributions, which rose to nearly $86 million.

-- $10.2 million in money from sponsorships, licensing, royalties and advertising, which totaled $54.7 million.
-- $5.7 million in ticket sales, which moved to $63.3 million

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Bjorke is the classic example of Fup and move up from his earliest examples. Ole Miss, maybe he wasn’t privy to telephone records, but still.

He hasn’t even proven himself at aggy, like even being top 25 in the Directors Cup, since his arrival at B/CS. All the $$$ aggy throws at both men/women’s athletics, and they still suck!

Search committee at OSU was blindfolded/mislead. Good luck going forward.

Hook’em!!!

What's funny is Bjork has a connection to Jack Harbaugh from time spent at WKU. They needed one last FU to tOSU before they head back to the NFL. 

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Billy Gillespie, who I used to know many years ago, was/is a drunk who could not get away from his demons.

At some point in his life, he begin to let his ego get the best of him and never dealt with his issues. He got a DWI at UTEP and then got hired at A&M. He didn't suffer any consequences and never checked himself. He proceeded to wreck himself. Honestly, he was a very nice guy years ago. Personal and not overly arrogant for a coach. He just bought too much into the praise people heaped upon him.

And never signed his contract at UK or some crazy shit like that, right?

33 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Wow, check out this absolute load of BS Bjork is peddling on the Stoops almost-hire: https://www.on3.com/news/ross-bjork-mark-stoops-pursuit-texas-am-steps-search-process-ohio-state-athletic-director/

@WhatTheBuck - Congrats on your school hiring a lying POS. Good luck!

“Here’s what people, they don’t really realize about the process. The athletic director and the team — whatever that may look like — we run a search process,” Bjork said. “We make recommendations to the President. ‘I would like to hire this person,’ or, ‘I think this is the No. 1 candidate.’ That’s how it works on every institution. No athletic director has the full autonomy to say, ‘I’m absolutely going to hire this person and no one else is involved.’

That's just flat-out a load of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's just flat-out a load of shit.

I'm not sure it is that far fetched, you are talking about in most cases making someone the highest paid person in your entire school system. That typically requires the president and others to sign off. CDC was working closely with Hartzell and Eltife to both hire and extend Sarkisian. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Pimphand said:

So we're just not talking about the fact he looks like an even more asshole version of the Statler & Waldorf?  He looks too East Texas Cracker, even for Aggies.

Edited by YGIFS

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

It was then he realized he had become just another glory hole.