Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 4/17/2024 at 6:34 PM, Deej said:

They got big SEC stickers on their cars, added some fake titles to their stadium wall, and got to bask in the glory of Alabama football. 

Don’t forget all the billboards they put up…in the South, to warn the other members of their arrival!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

19 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I never did. I think it is awful that those people died. I feel for their families.

The University and all the clowns "in charge" of the bonfire caused their deaths. All the issues that caused the collapse were known hazards, yet things never changed because of turdition.

Texas bent over backwards to help them and honor them and they still shit on us after they killed those people. I am not sorry for ridiculing them and telling the truth. They killed them.

This x100 billion

16 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The aggys need to re-read the reports on the bonfire collapse. I guarantee you no one read this report.

"Though its individual components are complex, the central message is clear. The
collapse was about physical failures driven by organizational failures, the origins
of which span decades of administrations, faculty, and students. No single factor
caused the collapse, just as no single change will ensure that a tragedy like this
never happens again."

https://csel.eng.ohio-state.edu/productions/pexis/readings/submod3/TAMUbonfire.pdf

Welcome back good sir.   Nice to see you 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, MontereyMX said:

This x100 billion

Welcome back good sir.   Nice to see you 

The truth facing aggy about their bonfire is telling:

"The collapse was about physical failures driven by organizational failures, the origins
of which span decades of administrations, faculty, and students."

12 students killed, 27 injured, and thousands of others over the years has left many of us sickened.

When A&M wants to proceed with their bonfire each fall, the answer from the State should be "no." The State of Texas has final say through the state house and senate. Those elected officials need to tell the people of A&M to think about the years of mistakes, think about the people who have paid for their mistakes and to move on.

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Apparently an Aggie loyalist just attempted a bonfire recreation in lower Manhattan just now.  They are dedicated, i’ll give ‘em that. 

There are certainly better ways to celebrate a jury selection.  And does ATM play NYU this year?

I remember being a freshman in HS when word started getting around of the collapse. I was in English class with my BF Matt and our teacher was an ex aggie. He blurts out "leave it to the aggies". Her eyes immediately began to water and she pulled him out of class then started giving us this lecture on aggie turdition. Good times lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

I remember being a freshman in HS when word started getting around of the collapse. I was in English class with my BF Matt and our teacher was an ex aggie. He blurts out "leave it to the aggies". Her eyes immediately began to water and she pulled him out of class then started giving us this lecture on aggie turdition. Good times lol. 

did your boyfriend Matt get suspended?

I can top that. Senior in HS. Our civics class was taking a field trip to the bush museum. It was the day the bonfire collapsed. Fucking idoits.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NOOBSDUDE said:

Are you guys still together? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Had a couple come in last night at the restaurant that went to UT. Their son is an engineering major at A&M on a full ride scholarship. I mentioned the bonfire and they said it's stupid and even their son thinks it's stupid. Then the dad says that he can't wait for Thanksgiving. "The aggies think they have a chance but I guarantee that Texas is gonna march into Kyle Field and kick their ass. Picking up right where they left off."

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

"The aggies think they have a chance but I guarantee that Texas is gonna march into Kyle Field and kick their ass. Picking up right where they left off."

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Ryn Dean

• Hook 'Em 3

Damn... seeing the before picture... here is the after.... is aggy this beaten down from Jimbo era?  There is like 20 students left swaying in the stands

They couldn't have known the turnout would be so bad when loading up on invites for it:

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

A&M football, meet fan apathy. Those MAC conference portal transfers aren't exciting the fan base?

"Hey, we're really big right now in Western Michigan!"

-My Aggie friend

Aggy jokes aside, and I get the weather concerns, but that's a pretty miserable turnout.  For Strong, Herman, and Sark...I always made it a point to get out to the Spring Game no matter what to see what kinda systems they'd be running.  You'd think the same would happen with Elko.  Mediocre fan base gonna mediocre, I suppose.