Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Of course OU will be fine.  If we get Venables I'll be laughing my ass off as it's a clear upgrade, especially considering the move to the SEC.  LR wanted none of that heat.  Look at that brisket burning bitch run away.  

“What’s this USC shit? What’s this builshit?!? I don’t fuckin’ care. It don’t matter to ChiTown. It’s bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man. HaHA! OU would have fucked you in the ass with Riley. OU will fuck you in the ass with Venables instead.”

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“What’s this USC shit? What’s this builshit?!? I don’t fuckin’ care. It don’t matter to ChiTown. It’s bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man. HaHA! Venables and me, we gonna fuck you up.”

Eight year olds, Dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“What’s this USC shit? What’s this builshit?!? I don’t fuckin’ care. It don’t matter to ChiTown. It’s bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man. HaHA! OU would have fucked you in the ass with Riley. OU will fuck you in the ass with Venables instead.”

Well, yeah.   

I guess everyone missed my posts about being checked out on LR before he left.  But ain’t nobody missing any of my posts now.  I’m famous!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Why are these guys hitting the transfer portal so quickly? I'm not complaining, but it doesn't make much sense. Are they not interested to see who OU hires? 

I am sure they are hearing rumors of Venables/Lebby and not excited. Almost anything would feel like shit after Riley, OU is in a can't win situation quite frankly.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Why are these guys hitting the transfer portal so quickly? I'm not complaining, but it doesn't make much sense. Are they not interested to see who OU hires? 

Well you can always pull your name out, I suppose. Probably a good way to try and suss out some more NIL scratch.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Corby Davidson quoting Sooner Scoop says that the admin did not become aware of the USC deal until Saturday am and was given no opportunity to counter. Up until that point, the admin was only made aware of LSU overtures. The admin was working on a new contract and other program upgrades. Strange. 

Not really. The man wanted out 

• Hook 'Em 2

Riley may not have wanted OU to join the SEC but the running away from it/scared angle is just bullshit conjured up to make themselves feel better about being dumped, caught flat footed, and having to replace him at the worst possible time. 

There were very few coaches that would be an upgrade to what Lincoln Riley had going, and I gather there is probably some truth to the toxicity with coaches and the locker room which made the decision easier for him to leave.  The amount of CA decommitments doesn’t surprise me at all, but if OU players keep stacking up in the transfer portal, you have to consider that there is some rot within the program that is starting to fester.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I don’t think some people can fathom how long it takes to get through 26 pages. 
Here’s what I’ve learned:

-there really are people that think living in Norman is better than SoCal. So glad they knocked that shit off after the first 10 pages. 
-if you combined the posts referencing bags of dicks they would take up 4 pages. 
-OU fans rejoice in Riley leaving because he wasn’t very good. They prefer a guy with no HC experience. L. O. L. 
-Joe C will make the right hire? The guy hit on Stoops and pushed him out for Lincoln. 1 football championship and the other championships are in softball, gymnastics, golf, and swimming. No Directors Cups? Advantage Del Conte.
-Riley’s afraid of SECSEC. Beat Florida 55-20 in January. Should have beat Georgia and beat Tennessee. I’m not buying that, he would have been fine in the West pod.  

Great move by LR. If it works the 30 for 30 will be interesting.  USC will have the top class in 23 and with what he takes from OU 22 class and the portal, USC will have a better record than Texas next year. 
It’s interesting seeing the butterfly effect of joining the SEC instead of the PAC or B10. Going to be interesting watching the PAC coaches go at each other. Whittingham, Christobal, Kelly, and a bag of dicks. 

Brian Kelly to LSU? I love college football. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Riley may not have wanted OU to join the SEC but the running away from it/scared angle is just bullshit conjured up to make themselves feel better about being dumped, caught flat footed, and having to replace him at the worst possible time. 

There were very few coaches that would be an upgrade to what Lincoln Riley had going, and I gather there is probably some truth to the toxicity with coaches and the locker room which made the decision easier for him to leave.  The amount of CA decommitments doesn’t surprise me at all, but if OU players keep stacking up in the transfer portal, you have to consider that there is some rot within the program that is starting to fester.

Lol.  LR was great and amazing.  BUT there was likely some rot…you know, with him as the head man.  You guys crack me up.  I do understand why you all feel it’s IMPOSSIBLE to hire a good coach.  Hell, I’d definitely feel the same if I were you.  

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, not only is OU likely to make a smarter coaching decision, it probably matters less because their program is not in complete disarray.

Losing a season or two is possible...maybe even likely.  But the HOLY SHIT OU JUST FELL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH sentiment is comical.  But a lot of it is from the recruiting dorks.  Those are the same people that can watch multiple losing seasons but are still jizzing their pants if you're landing 4 star players.  Um, there MIGHT be a fly in the ointment, gents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Ah yes, us fans in Austin have no experience with hiring a *checks notes* highly regarded coordinator from a national power.  None at all.

We told Stoops when he was DC at Florida that we were going to pass bc he didn’t have any skins on the wall

17 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

9 pages behind

requesting night crew summary update of day's events

ChiraqDoc still spitting nonsense about how he’s so glad Lincoln left and they’ll finally get another title.

All this rhetoric about how they’re going to be better. I feel dumber each and every page.

The McRib is back.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

ChiraqDoc still spitting nonsense about how he’s so glad Lincoln left and they’ll finally get another title.

All this rhetoric about how they’re going to be better. I feel dumber each and every page.

The McRib is back.

Hey, I like that...way to throw in the part about another title.  I need to add that to my repertoire. 

• Haha 1

Just now, DaggerHorns said:

Bottom line: Will the next coach have more or less wins in their first 4 years compared to that horrible disgusting, despicable, no good, Lincoln Riley?

Prolly about a push.  LR always loses 1-2 games he shouldn't and then factor in the SEC West and whatever that looks like.