Celebrity Death Pool - 2022

Wally Fairway

Guy Lafleur, Dynamic Star of the Montreal Canadiens, Dies at 70

He helped lead the team to five Stanley Cup titles and was the first player in N.H.L. history to score at least 50 goals and 100 points in six consecutive years.

April 22, 2022Updated 6:35 p.m. ET

"The Flower" is gone.... I think I learned just the slightest bit of French, watching him play on TV in the 70's. Old school player that wouldn't/ didn't wear a helmet  once the league went to them. RIP Guy.

Wasn’t he the last player to not wear a helmet? Like they were grandfathered or something.
  • Like 1

I think the Judds were supposed to be inducted into the Country Music HOF tomorrow…

The daughters announced her death on Saturday in a statement provided to The Associated Press.

“Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness,” the statement said. “We are shattered. We are navigating profound grief and know that as we loved her, she was loved by her public. We are in unknown territory.”

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

At first I was thinking she just got fat, but looking at her neck it appears to be that of a slimmer woman.  Who goes to a plastic surgeon and asks "Can you make my face look 30 lbs heavier than I actually am?"

I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to medications or medical treatments she's had and may still be on.  She's had a rough go of it, with her own mental illness issues and a pretty horrible injury a couple of years ago that took a long time to recover from.  Yeah, she looks a lot worse than she used to, but I suspect there's a whole lot of shit that went into it, and I don't think she's a particularly happy person.  Damn shame for her.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to medications or medical treatments

Good pickup. That face screams long term corticosteroid use or a steroid imbalance pathology. And the plastic surgery didn’t help.

16 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Good pickup. That face screams long term corticosteroid use or a steroid imbalance pathology. And the plastic surgery didn’t help.

Not sure I believe you.  I'd like to know if Olddoc concurs.

7 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Not sure I believe you.  I'd like to know if Olddoc concurs.

I guess I could change my handle but it's a play on words. 17 years out of residency. Seen a thing or two so I know a thing or two.

14 hours ago, Newdoc said:

I guess I could change my handle but it's a play on words. 17 years out of residency. Seen a thing or two so I know a thing or two.

I thought your initials were OC.

• Haha 1

For those older folks, he was the artist on Crisis on Infinite Earths in the late 1980s

This is an amazing run:

https://deadline.com/2022/05/george-perez-dead-acclaimed-comic-book-artist-marvel-dc-was-67-1235018618/

George Pérez, whose work for Marvel and DC made him one of the most acclaimed comic book artists over the last five decades, died today at age 67 of complications from pancreatic cancer.

Born in the South Bronx of New York City on June 9, 1954, Pérez went to work as a studio assistant at Marvel before he turned 20. Pérez’s first published comic book work came in 1974, Deathlok in Astonishing Tales #25 in 1974. He soon moved on to his first regular feature, the Sons of the Tiger feature in the book the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu.

He began drawing the Avengers in 1975, then added work on the Fantastic Four. He also began work for DC in the 1980s, drawing Justice League of America, which meant he had locked up the art for the most popular heroes of the era.

He was doing the Avengers when he was 21, and then Fantastic Four, and then Justice League of America, before he was 30.

And here I thought I was impressive for not getting anybody pregnant (AFAIK) and not getting myself killed before I turned 30.

And he was married to the same woman for over 40 years.  Respect.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2