NFL Week 18

shadow_operative2.0

Did the Raiders get a more favorable first round opponent by winning vs tying? I don’t understand the risk of even taking the kick when if you kneel, you’re in. 
Absolutely they did. Playing Cincinnati instead of Kansas City. You'd much rather be in that matchup. Chiefs playing the Steelers. That should be a blowout.

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is stupid what the raiders do. Let the clock hit zero and you are in. This brings the wildly implausible block for a loss into play. 

I retract this statement. Didn’t realize that they got Cincy instead of KC with the win. Definitely worth kicking  

• Like 1

Yeah just looked. If it was a tie, Raiders would’ve been #7 and played KC. By winning, they are #6 and play Bengals. 

It is about the matchups but I’d rather play Cincy than KC. The Raiders coach won’t be criticized, but his preferred matchup in round 1 should have been the deciding factor whether he kicked or not.

I’d be curious to know who he’d truly prefer to play.

The goal should be super bowl so best matchup is more important than a 0.5% chance of getting blocked and returned. If he’d willingly take a tie rather than end a division rivals season in heartbreaking fashion, then maybe football is truly softening up.

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Read this last night and thought “that’s great but no way jags are gonna win to set it up.”
Then they did. And the thought process at the end of the game tonight played out very much like this guy speculated. 

How an NFL Game Became a Prisoner’s Dilemma
https://www.wsj.com/articles/raiders-chargers-tie-nfl-playoff-scenarios-11641516938?st=gxk00gekyso03bw&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Bet none of these fancy economist dorks considered the possibility that one of the prisoners would turn on themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I took the hardest L, even worse than chargers… had money on the tie at +5000 moneyline. Not much but Effin hell, I’m hurting worse than Herbert right now EASILY. I’m only slightly exaggerating, but swear I had $ on it after jags went up two scores. 

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, bluto said:

I think I took the hardest L, even worse than chargers… had money on the tie at +5000 moneyline. Not much but Effin hell, I’m hurting worse than Herbert right now EASILY. I’m only slightly exaggerating, but swear I had $ on it after jags went up two scores. 

Even if you only had $25 that's....$1275? 

Yup, we now know for sure the Chargers dumbass coach cost them a for sure spot in the playoffs. 

Anthony Lynn was the dumbest HC I ever saw until Brandon Staley came around. He is without doubt the dumbest fucker ever to coach an nfl team. Besides the timeout he has cost the chargers several games with his stupid fourth down decisions. Staley thinks he is thinking outside the box. First, there is a box for a reason. Stupidity is not super duper brainwork; it’s stupidity.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

that game was the f'n titties. 

This game wore me out as if I was playing.  So much Charger passing and do-or-die scenario…I was gassed.  I was pulling for Chargers bc always like their talent and this QB has been great to watch past 2 seasons. He fires fukin lasers. And Raiders dont need to be in the playoffs. Chargers have the better roster, just need a new HC now..again. 

I was all in for fukin over the Steelers…but unbelievable TO when I saw it happen…you got a lot of explaining to do! Totally pissed off the Raiders by thinking you will stop clock in hopes you get the ball back. 

• Like 1

I'm just here to say: fuck Dean Spanos. He deserved this.

Double dogfuck the entire Spanos family. These Greek mobsters never did a goddam thing for San Diego which is why they couldn’t get a stadium approved. They also didn’t plan on putting a dime into it. The league should have taken the team back and sold it to someone like Bezos and helped build a new stadium in San Diego. They don’t belong in LA; they are forever a visiting team.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Anthony Lynn was the dumbest HC I ever saw until Brandon Staley came around. He is without doubt the dumbest fucker ever to coach an nfl team. Besides the timeout he has cost the chargers several games with his stupid fourth down decisions. Staley thinks he is thinking outside the box. First, there is a box for a reason. Stupidity is not super duper brainwork; it’s stupidity.

Yep. They should fire him now. Terrible game management.