Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

On 5/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, AllenTx75 said:

ridiculous as usual from Fox , glad the move to the SEC is imminent .  The OU/Texas game kickoff at 11 is the most ridiculous of all. that will be fixed soon.

No it won't. It will never be a night game. 11am is preferable. You REALLY wanna drive through south Dallas at night? I've done it plenty of times and it's not always pleasant or a pretty sight. 

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

No it won't. It will never be a night game. 11am is preferable. You REALLY wanna drive through south Dallas at night? I've done it plenty of times and it's not always pleasant or a pretty sight. 

I do not think the television people give a shit about you driving through south Dallas at night.

The answer to all of your questions is money....... and if more money is to be made by occasionally playing this game at night it will be played at night.

I do expect a lot more 2:30 kick offs once we get to the SEC however.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I do not think the television people give a shit about you driving through south Dallas at night.

The answer to all of your questions is money....... and if more money is to be made by occasionally playing this game at night it will be played at night.

2:30 is fine. We played at 2:30 in 2006, 2007 and 2017 so it's nothing new. Plus, October isn't too hot. As long as they never move the game to Jerry World 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well.. I mean... other than the fact that one is a perennial champion while the other has been barely above .500 for the last decade and is currently one game separated from a 6-game losing streak.  Other than that it's really just the Bama d-line.  And the only different between Angie Verona and Kathy Bates is that Angie makes a better sandwich.

There can only be one “biggest” difference. So that’s the one I choose. There is not a marked difference in offensive skill position talent. Their Oline was not spectacular last year and our incoming talent there is outstanding. Their defensive back end may be better but is less concerning than their ability to create plays upfront. We will have plays to be made if the Oline creates some wins or stalemates up front.

It can be argued the portal weakened their depth whereas we upgraded overall. I would say the past 10 years is less impactful now due to the portal.
  • Like 1

Yea…but the Brockemeyers gonna fix that!

Here’s what I predict.

Manning commits to Texas. Based on that….
Both Brock’s transfer to Texas And Tommy starts against Alabama at RT.
Bijan rushes for 150 and 3 TDs

Texas wins by 3

(Refills Koolaid )
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Money is the #1 reason this game is usually at 11, and the #1 reason it’ll never be a night game. We all love night games as fans, but there’s a reason each network puts its #1 matchup during the daytime in the regular season….

3 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

Here’s what I predict.

Texas wins by 3

(Refills Koolaid )

Son that's obviously something stronger than Kool-aid that you're guzzling...

This team needs to show up prepared this summer if they want any chance to win this game.  Bijan and Rojo need to hold every player accountable and set the standard of what’s expected this summer and fall.  Fuck Bama, I’m still pissed about 09.  That putrid aggy team beat them last year.  We have enough talent to score on them and we still have some damn good athletes on defense in Collins, Sweat, Overshown, Murphy, Watts.  Crowd needs to show up and this team and these coaches need to prove they can take the next step.  Hopefully these guys put in the work this summer.

Edited by victory88

On 5/24/2022 at 10:23 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Unless you're in school and getting trashed the night before, OU at 11:00 is preferable

11 is acceptable. 2:30 is preferable.

15 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

No.  The OU game will not be a night game.

Do you think it's just an accident that it hasn't been a night game at any point in the past?

Yeah it’s really tough on us fans to watch a game in the heat.  Meanwhile the players are in the same heat but running around for 3 hrs.  There will always be games in hot/cold.  Fans love to complain about the players being soft but it’s ok for the fans to be soft?  Oh, OK.  

20 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Only increases the chances for heat exhaustion and dehydration…hopefully mostly for the bama boys. But fuck…this should have been a marquee night time matchup

You may be right but Bama has August two-a-days in the heat index capital that is Tuscaloosa.  I agree 100% it should have been a night game.  College football should never be played outdoors in the South before 7:00 p.m. until the third week of September.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2022 at 6:15 AM, Longboard Horn said:

It's not dangerous if that's what you're implying, especially not during the Fair when there are 100,000 lined up to get out after the game. As long as you take a relatively direct route out of Fair Park to get on 30 or cruise up through Deep Ellum and don't stop, you're just fine if it's an 11 AM, 2:30 or 7 kick.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

100,000 people leaving a stadium at the same time are not in danger from a group of thugs.  Not during the day, not at night, not at any point. 

It's always been a dumb argument.  It's as if people don't realize that the fair runs for weeks and lets thousands upon thousands of people out every night.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

It's not dangerous if that's what you're implying, especially not during the Fair when there are 100,000 lined up to get out after the game. As long as you take a relatively direct route out of Fair Park to get on 30 or cruise up through Deep Ellum and don't stop, you're just fine if it's an 11 AM, 2:30 or 7 kick.

I've left numerous Rollong Stones shows at the Cotton Bowl at midnight. Nothing bad ever happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:03 PM, TexasBeta said:

Here’s what I predict.

Texas wins by 3

(Refills Koolaid )

Fuck the Brock’s 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd consult surly. A buddy who is in grad school invited me to Stanford vs USC at Stanford. Should I go to the Texas vs Bama game and surly tailgate without tickets or should I go to USC vs Stanford? I will have tickets for USC vs Stanford.

12 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Thought I'd consult surly. A buddy who is in grad school invited me to Stanford vs USC at Stanford. Should I go to the Texas vs Bama game and surly tailgate without tickets or should I go to USC vs Stanford? I will have tickets for USC vs Stanford.

I suppose it depends on what you are going for. If you want to see two indifferent yuppie fan bases accuse each other of cultural crimes while watching a game in a half empty stadium during a regional broadcast, then USC/Stanford is the way to go. 

If you want to see the greatest college coach of our time in what could be his one and only trip to Austin against the coach he wanted to replace him while a throng of inbred and entitled hillbillies tries to blend in on a shoulder to shoulder sixth street and in a packed stadium on national TV, then I guess you should probably be at the Texas game. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I suppose it depends on what you are going for. If you want to see two indifferent yuppie fan bases accuse each other of cultural crimes while watching a game in a half empty stadium during a regional broadcast, then USC/Stanford is the way to go. 

If you want to see the greatest college coach of our time in what could be his one and only trip to Austin against the coach he wanted to replace him while a throng of inbred and entitled hillbillies tries to blend in on a shoulder to shoulder sixth street and in a packed stadium on national TV, then I guess you should probably be at the Texas game. 

I think I am going to go to the game in Austin. 6th st with bama fans sounds too good to miss

Edited by Tex48
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Palo Alto here I come!!

51 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I think I am going to go to the game in Austin. 6th st with bama fans sounds too good to miss

What?!?! Nooooooo!!

ADVICE:

1) You probably should go out in Austin on Friday night, pregame in Austin at the Exes Center, watch the first half at the Exes Center. 

2) If it’s not close, you head to the airport for your direct flight to SFO and watch the 2nd half at the airport bar and then finish watching it in the flight. 

3) If it IS close, well that’s why you bought TRAVEL INSURANCE. You stay in town, you call your friend and tell him to sell the ticket, and you schedule a Monday appointment with your doctor to pick up a note that mentions that “That you had ‘COVID-like symptoms’, you only had Strep Throat… The Flu…”

SUMMARY: In the age of COVID, using your travel insurance has never been easier. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Saturday flights out of AUS to SFO on September 10th with a Monday the 12th return to Austin. 

922F4893-8607-4721-80B3-C23C7BABAEEC.thumb.jpeg.0373f0de8a40730b4d6a5c9949773fd0.jpeg

And the AUS to SJO (San Jose) only has one with a Monday return. But you really should try to get up to Stanford earlier than a few minutes before kickoff so that you can sample all of the CALIFORNIA  WINES & (Small Family-owned Organic Farm) GOURMET CHEESES during the pregame.

9D442537-3EA7-47B0-B2ED-3AE189CEB28E.thumb.jpeg.74c8c27e5c1c25e083d815b97927537b.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Love that hour or two before the game?

How bout sleep in, get there at 10, spend 4 glorious hours before kickoff. Let’s not do this with you degenerate bloody mary drinkers.

Get there a day early, spend an entire glorious day at the Fair on Friday with MUCH lighter crowds, and then pop up at 7 on Saturday, get your breakfast of Fletchers and wax cup beer as soon as you arrive, and mosey in a leisurely way up to the gates by 10:15 so you don't get stuck in The Press of Humanity attempting to enter that nuthouse a half-hour later.

Then, after defeating the inbreds* and sending their meth-addled toothless hordes packing, enjoy more time at the Fair that afternoon through early evening, and head back to your quarters around sundown, to prepare for whatever your traditional TX-OU Saturday night in Dallas victory-celebration activities might be.

That's a glorious way to do it.

*granted this hasn't happened much lately, but we're talking in hypotheticals about the way things SHOULD happen

9 hours ago, Tex48 said:

The fact that you’re debating this should answer the question…

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

New England BIL who is dating young Bama alumna: “hey we want to fly down for the Bama Texas game. Can y’all use your Texas Exes group to get us some discount tickets? Doesn’t have to be first row or anything! Thx!”

Episode 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

bob-eucker-miller-lite.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

New England BIL who is dating young Bama alumna: “hey we want to fly down for the Bama Texas game. Can y’all use your Texas Exes group to get us some discount tickets? Doesn’t have to be first row or anything! Thx!”

Episode 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

Pics of young Bama alumna? Something might could be arranged...

• Haha 2