Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Happy Freedom Guns and Babies Day!

Don’t worry! A good guy with a gun or armed teacher at the parade with her kids will kill the bad guy and save everyone! Then we can spend a few weeks celebrating on the news and owning the libs while telling them that everyone needs their own personal AR-15 to “ defend themselves”. Besides it’s illinois, mainly filled with black people or white libs so who cares if they die anyway. 

Just describing the thinking of hot wheels, Cruz, cornyn, or any other MAGA dipshit retard out there.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

If we can track sudafed, we can track AR15s and ammo.

Quit being ridiculous. It's everyone's God given right to possess as many weapons and as much ammunition as you want free from any governmental interference. It's what Jesus wants for his flock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, victory88 said:

At this point, I really have no desire to speak or be friends with anyone that supports this shit, family or not.   There needs to be regulations on guns.  You don’t need ARs for hunting or to protect yourself.  Allow hunting rifles and handguns and limit how many a person can buy.  Must go through a year of courses and must carry insurance.  Must need to take continuing education every 2 years to maintain weapon license.  

I’m a healthcare professional and what I do would never even remotely kill a person.  Yet I had to go through school for 8 years, had to take multiple board tests, am required to hold insurance and take 12 hours of CE a year to maintain my license.  Yet an 18 year can go buy a deadly weapon that can take lives with no requirements.  The fuck is wrong with this country and why the fuck won’t reasonable and responsible gun owners hold their politicians accountable?  Especially those with kids.  

But, but, but, “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!”

That’s all they can repeat without taking the time to interpret and understand the subtleties of that amendment. As a lifelong, but not fanatical, gun owner, I completely agree. Some more stringent regulation is more than reasonable, far from tyranny, and long overdue. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitewater Horn said:

But, but, but, “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!”

That’s all they can repeat without taking the time to interpret and understand the subtleties of that amendment. As a lifelong, but not fanatical, gun owner, I completely agree. Some more stringent regulation is more than reasonable, far from tyranny, and long overdue. 

And the fact is that most people agree with this.  I'm not necessarily calling for all guns to be outlawed.  I think that would be best, but I'm willing to compromise and say you can have your Glock, your Mossberg shotgun, and your hunting rifle, but if you want an AR-15 or anything like it, join the military.  And like 70% of the country agrees with this.  But we still can't have it that way, because the NRA and Fox News have convinced enough people that ALL GUNS are legal, per the Founders and White Jesus, and if you argue that anything that fires a projectile ought to be illegal, you're a terrible American.  

So innocent people keep getting shot.  And they keep blaming mental health, as if the reason that no one ever gets shot in England or Australia is the fact that they're all perfectly well-adjusted humans.

Fuck, this place has become so god damned stupid.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Thats surprising but not a shock. That’s a very high end suburb, and yes it was developed by the same developer as its sister in Dallas.

Apparently suspect is male, 18-20, no other description.

Hey don’t worry we are fixin to have stricter background checks on people under 21. Gonna solve everything.

11 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Thats surprising but not a shock. That’s a very high end suburb, and yes it was developed by the same developer as its sister in Dallas.

Apparently suspect is male, 18-20, no other description.

Not the same developer. @GuestLobo would always claim HPTX was not the real HP and that always made me chuckle. 

It is really really sad this keeps happening. I just got from a parade (HPTX) myself and you’re so vulnerable there. Significantly stricter gun control is the ONLY answer. 

I was at a road race yesterday watching my daughter run. Hanging with the grandkids. I've been going to her races for years, but yesterday, for the first time ever, I thought about how to protect the kids in the event some shooter showed up. What a fucked up country. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Huh. A young white male. That's weird. 

If caught alive, police will probably stop by Lou’s or Giordano’s for some deep dish cause suspect is hungry, maybe even a Chicago dog or Italian beef sandwich.  

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

No shit, a fireworks show with constant pops and bangs seems like the exact sort of place this would happen. Who is even celebrating the state of America at this point?

Don't worry the cops will protect you from illegal fireworks and ignore the legal Ar-15's.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That hood is something like 90% Jewish. Just saying, wouldn’t be surprised if we get the one two punch of an AR and a racially motivated attack. Because America. Woo hoo.

Honoring the 4th of July with America's now grandest tradition....the AR-15 mass shooting . Probably a few Surly gun nuts that are so moved by the spectacle, they will go buy a few more ARs to celebrate what it means to be an american. proud days for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Don't worry the cops will protect you from illegal fireworks and ignore the legal Ar-15's.

Hell, I don't think we're strict enough about prohibiting fireworks, much less firearms. Should any individual in the Western half of the country be setting off fireworks in the tinderbox they currently live in?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well, shit.  My DCI corps was/is based in Chicago (Rosemont), and we'd do 3-4 parades every July 4th.  Nobody actually LIKED doing the parades, but it was a "return the favor" kind of thing to the Chicago area supporters, and believe me, they provided a lot of $$$ support.  Parades are boring, and you feel like cattle trapped in a feedlot.

Perfect setting for a mass shooting.

My guys did the Niles parade this morning, and were set to work their way up to Morton Grove and Glenview, all of which are just south of Highland Park.  The other parades got canceled.

Thanks, you fucking gun freaks.  A half dozen more dead and a bunch of people weren't able to get out, exhale, and celebrate a country that at this point isn't even fucking worth celebrating.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That hood is something like 90% Jewish. Just saying, wouldn’t be surprised if we get the one two punch of an AR and a racially motivated attack. Because America. Woo hoo.

Yeah, that would make sense -- some Fox News type doing his part to combat the replacement of white people by...  Jews...  Because, umm...  Shit, I dunno.

And does anyone even know where this fuckbag is?  Did he get away with this?  Does he have other attacks planned?

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, that would make sense -- some Fox News type doing his part to combat the replacement of white people by...  Jews...  Because, umm...  Shit, I dunno.

And does anyone even know where this fuckbag is?  Did he get away with this?  Does he have other attacks planned?

If the report that the cops have the weapon in their possession is correct, I think that he gets tracked down eventually.  He'll probably also brag about it to someone, and that will get around, too.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sounds like up to 6 dead now, people who were just trying to enjoy the country's birthday...and the country's childlike tantrums over guns killed em.  Way to go Murica.

This is why I said on the independence day thread being a British subject sounds pretty good right now. Of course, I was Slorch'd. Murica, love it or leave it. What's stopping you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Not enough silly. If we want to fully harden the, uh outdoors, every single parade attendee should be issued an ar15 and body armor. If we want serious improvements we need to take serious measures. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

That’s a lot of shots.

10 or 11 in that first burst which may have been caught on tape mid stream.  23 or so in that second burst likely after a reload.  So a little under 35 shots in about 17 seconds.  I mean don't you kill your deer with 35 shots in 17 seconds.  Put in the context of another horrific event, a trained Marine in Oswald took a little over 11 seconds to fire THREE shots at JFK with a bolt action.  This dumbfuck got off 35 in a little longer time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1