Cops murder 14 yr old by burning him alive

elguapo

I originally thought the title said burying him alive.  That would be a tough one for the cops to explain away.  While this is horrific and inexcusable, I clicked on this to read the bullshit explanation the cops conjured up to justify burying a 14 year old alive.  I’ll go and get some coffee now.

29 minutes ago, Captainant said:

[laughs in qualified immunity]

Qualified immunity only applies to civil cases and New Mexico is one of only a few places that has banned qualified immunity.  

With those caveats, family of the 14 yo victim will be completely hosed by the system, no doubt.  

10 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Fuck the police.   Their monopoly on violence is a noose around the neck of our (semi)functional society.  May these cops be haunted by these actions for the rest of their lives.

I can almost guarantee you they don't give a shit.

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Fuck the police.   Their monopoly on violence is a noose around the neck of our (semi)functional society.  May these cops be haunted by these actions for the rest of their lives.

Here's hoping covid has another productive year

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/12/1072411820/law-enforcement-deaths-2021-covid

COVID was again the leading cause of death among U.S. law enforcement in 2021

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Police are a legalized gang

https://www.justice.gov/criminal-ocgs/about-violent-gangs

1. An association of three or more individuals;
  2. Whose members collectively identify themselves by adopting a group identity, which they use to create an atmosphere of fear or intimidation, frequently by employing one or more of the following: a common name, slogan, identifying sign, symbol, tattoo or other physical marking, style or color of clothing, hairstyle, hand sign or graffiti;
  3. Whose purpose in part is to engage in criminal activity and which uses violence or intimidation to further its criminal objectives.
  4. Whose members engage in criminal activity or acts of juvenile delinquency that if committed by an adult would be crimes with the intent to enhance or preserve the association's power, reputation or economic resources.
  5. The association may also possess some of the following characteristics:
    1. The members may employ rules for joining and operating within the association.
    2. The members may meet on a recurring basis.
    3. The association may provide physical protection of its members from others.
    4. The association may seek to exercise control over a particular geographic location or region, or it may simply defend its perceived interests against rivals.
    5. The association may have an identifiable structure.

Gangs develop and maintain perpetuating characteristics including manifestos, constitutions, and codes of conduct which provide an identifiable structure and rules for initiation and advancement within the association.  Through their use of open intimidation and identifiable insignia, gangs may be distinguished from other organizational criminal groups such as La Cosa Nostra and transnational criminal organizations who rely on secrecy and clandestine control of legitimate businesses and governments to advance their criminal aims.

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So just tossing munitions into a home that they don’t know the suspect is inside. Or who else is inside.  All over a crime already committed and not in the act of commission. 

1 hour ago, Kwix said:

I saw this thread title, rolled my eyes and said lets read what really happened.  My bad, thread title completely accurate.

This is the part that got me - The guy they were looking for wasn't even in the house they burned down.  The dead 14 year old was not a suspect.

22 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Eh, I'm sure he was guilty of something.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Albuquerque probably tops the list for cops doing stuff like this.

59 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Seems like there's at least one story each year of ABQ cops doing something heinous.

The feds have been overseeing that police department going back to at least 2010 or so.  Unfortunately, we lived there for a brief stretch. Had the windows busted out of my downtown office three separate times by people protesting the police.  It's a mixed bag of shitty people and shitty cops in that state.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Some people need to go to prison for this kind of reckless behavior.

fire their bosses.

Behavior won't change as long as it's treated as "one-offs" or exceptions.

Just now, slorch said:

fire their bosses.

"lone wolf"

"one bad apple"

"just a bad day"

"wanted to get home to his family"

"thought he saw a gun"

Take your pick, behavior won't change as long as cops are deified and treated as heroes. Cities, populations, communities, congregations, etc etc etc need to wake up to the fact that the cops aren't here to help us. They're here to enforce the law and to keep people in line. They don't give a shit about stopping crime - they just want to get their overtime pay and continue their bullying career from highschool.

Now there's certainly individual officers who don't meet that description, but if you put 99 of them into a department with just one bad apple, they're going to protect the single bad officer and enable his predatory behavior.

The mayor of ABQ is a friend.  On paper, he's exactly the type of guy you want in office when dealing with an out of control police department.  He's liberal but not a deluded progressive, he's got charisma, and it's a strong mayor system so he has more leeway to try and get things done.  Before becoming mayor he was a state senator and repped the International Zone, which locals (at least used to) refer to as the War Zone and with good reason.  He lived in the neighborhood with his family and genuinely cared about improving it.  He was also a honky well loved by his district, which is a rare thing in that area.  He's a rising star in the Democratic party and I expect to see him on the national stage soon.  But even he hasn't been able to do much of anything to reign in that rogue police force.

• Rage+1 1

I wonder if the family can sue. Supreme Court just granted immunity to the border patrol. Maybe just a matter of time before it's extended to all LEOs? Arizona just made it illegal to film LEOs within 8 feet. 

Police are becoming bigger assholes and the government and SC are directly facilitating their behavior.

Fuck what this country is becoming.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

fire their bosses.

I don't follow it closely enough but in 2014 APD was subject to an exhaustive investigation by DOJ due to patterns of excessive use of force, in particular by its SWAT team, and in general for being trigger happy. However a quick google doesn't reveal anybody getting fired back then.

(edit: then one year later one undercover cop shoots another one NINE TIMES during a drug investigation. Dude survived...)

Edited by GringoSalado

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In addition, anyone wish to hazard a guess on the likelihood that the kid would be shot had he been able to run out of the home?

It would surprise absolutely no one if the pigs pumped 50 rounds into the burnt corpse after they saw smoke emitting from the mouth. 

Report: Officers reportedly feared for their lives when they thought they saw the spirit of the slain boy escaping from his scorched mouth. 

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So just tossing munitions into a home that they don’t know the suspect is inside. Or who else is inside.  All over a crime already committed and not in the act of commission. 

Jessie James’s mom is not surprised. 

• Hook 'Em 1