Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

By 10 June, 2018...Tennessee Tech Baseball had won 53 games.  They came to Austin.  And they prospered.  In the field, pitching, and in hitting.

As of today, that is a rumor.  It never happened.  

Today is history!

For such a serious movie, there are dozens of quotes that can be used like this that make me chuckle. 

Taking off work here in a couple hours to head to the Disch parking garage. Hook 'em!

Let's just hope the scrubbed day of work, sunburn, heat-induced hangover from tepid beer, and dehydration is all worth it.  Four years since we've been to our rightful place in Omaha. 

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

a little worried that Bocchi is starting. His leash better be short as fuck. 

Just saw he's never gone over 4.1 IP this year. Need a career start or our bullpen and bats need to win it. I think we need to score 7+ runs today to win.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yikes . . . I hadn't actually looked at their season stats until now.  Four guys with 17 or more home runs.

The stats are a bit skewed due to smaller park and competition, but yeah, those guys can rake.  Every single part of the line up is a threat.

Alex Hursey (lefty) is TennTech's 3rd starter. he's 8-4, 4.52, 45k's, 25 BB's and 2 complete games.

I would think Provey is still available (40 pitches last night) and Roberts the closer (56 pitches Saturday) rest of the bullpen is 4+ era's

Texas should have Fields (22 pitches), Sawyer (28), PJR (31) and Henley (39) available.

f tenntech.

Edited by tejas60

OB Notes

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way ... Tennessee Tech is good.

Through 18 innings of baseball, I can't say I've seen much of a difference between one of the monster programs in the history of college baseball making its return to the big stage and a school I think I only heard of last week.

Did you know that Dottie West is probably the most famous alum in the history of the school? Or Rodney Atkins. Trust me, I looked it up.

The Golden Eagles have earned some damn respect and with both teams digging deeper into their stable of arms going into the deciding game three, it looks like a 60-40 type proposition for the Longhorns going in. Given the way these dudes can rake, they'll be licking their chops going to the plate every bit as much as the Longhorns will.

Personally, I won't be surprised either way. As I said, Tennessee Tech has earned its respect.

Yet, if you're a Texas baseball player, you have to feel confident right now. Playing at home in a winner-take-all game to reach the College World Series is why each player on the Texas roster came to Texas. When these players put their heads on pillows Sunday night, they'll feel like momentum is on their side on a ride to fulfill some sort of preordained destiny.

All you can ask for at the beginning of each season is a chance to be in this position, 27 outs away from a trip to Omaha.

Oh, and only one team on the field Monday is going to have Kody Clemens on the roster.

No. 2 - About Kody Clemens ...

nKd2Km2cc3eyyRUP?format=jpg&name=small

Kody Clemens with some choice words for the Tennessee Tech bench as he rounds for home after another bomb. #RoadToOmaha

·         242 people are talking about this

We've officially entered Pat Burrell territory when it comes to the Texas second baseman.

For those that don't remember, once upon a time not quite 25 years ago, the former Miami star came to Austin for a regional and every time he swung the bat that weekend, it felt like you blinked at your own risk because he was likely to go yard in the brief close of your eyes.

If you saw Burrell play in that regional, you know what I'm talking about. It was awe-inspiring. It has stood out in my mind all these years later as the signature "don't you dare pitch to this dude" aura I've personally seen at the college level.

Enter Clemens.

"We may walk him every time tomorrow," said Bragga after mentioning Clemens's bomb. #HookEm

·         See Dustin McComas's other Tweets

Through five NCAA post-season games, Clemens is nine for 19 (.474) with four homers, three doubles and nine runs batted in.

He's also been walked five times, which means he's been on base 14 times in 45 innings of playoff baseball, which is just absurd.

With one of the greatest seasons of any player in the history of the program, complete with a massive post-season run, Clemens is playing for increased legacy on Monday afternoon.

It's there for the taking.

If their coach is worth a damn (and he is) he'll make it clear to his guys that outside of 2 pitchers, none of our players have been to Omaha, nor has our coach (as a head coach).  This lingering idea that UT is used to this kind of pressure is unfounded.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Alex Hursey (lefty) is TennTech's 3rd starter. he's 8-4, 4.52, 45k's, 25 BB's and 2 complete games.

I would think Provey is still available (40 pitches last night) and Roberts the closer (56 pitches Saturday) rest of the bullpen is 4+ era's

Texas should have Fields (22 pitches), Sawyer (28), PJR (31) and Henley (39) available.

f tenntech.

It’s Tennessee Tech with a once in a lifetime elimination game to get to the CWS.. they’ll be on “Deressendofer mode”.

48 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Before this series, I didn't know Tennessee Tech was a real school. 

I still don't know they're a real school.  I mean, they got a baseball team, but it sounds like something you'd see in a strip mall up on 183.  And a couple of posters here have claimed to have gone there.  But if I wasn't a real school, I would pay a hundy or so to a couple posters on a rival's board to do just that.

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If their coach is worth a damn (and he is) he'll make it clear to his guys that outside of 2 pitchers, none of our players have been to Omaha, nor has our coach (as a head coach).  This lingering idea that UT is used to this kind of pressure is unfounded.

Got damnit! What if their coach isn't worth a damn, but the Ttech players are reading this? You just fucked us