Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

3 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

0a349b3c15f59a3b6516ee900274b041.jpg

Fool. 

The correct procedure is to do the following as soon as you get a new pair of shoes. Write "old" on the soles of your most recently retired pair, and then add "est" to the previous pair (which you had previously marked as "old" two pairs ago). 

That way you have your current pair as well as two older pairs, with the oldest being a pair that you can use even for the messiest of purposes, with the knowledge that you can just throw them away later if necessary. 

40 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Fool. 

The correct procedure is to do the following as soon as you get a new pair of shoes. Write "old" on the soles of your most recently retired pair, and then add "est" to the previous pair (which you had previously marked as "old" two pairs ago). 

That way you have your current pair as well as two older pairs, with the oldest being a pair that you can use even for the messiest of purposes, with the knowledge that you can just throw them away later if necessary. 

Understand The Good Doctor GIF by ABC Network

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Lol. Missed that post. How are you unable to remember which shoes are older?

Come back when you're old enough to have purchased the same design of sneakers for decades on end!

Edit - don't tell Mrs. Doom that I have a contraband pair of too-old old old-man gym shoes! 

20230508_152417.thumb.jpg.d6dbbffe8a6504ac72f3b6e6b9656ad3.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Fool. 

Genius Zaneanders GIF by YoungerTV

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Come back when you're old enough to have purchased the same design of sneakers for decades on end!

Edit - don't tell Mrs. Doom that I have a contraband pair of too-old old old-man gym shoes! 

This hits close to home, because I have also worn Brooks for at least the last 20 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Brooks: the official shoes of This Is What My Podiatrist Told Me To Wear. 

Mock all you want you heartless wench.  Years ago went to Run-Tex and did the whole foot/activity profile.  Basically, I have goofy wide (5" toe-bed) and low-arch on  massive feet (I'm 6-1" but wear a 12.5 which is typical of somebody much taller never mind the width and goofy arch profile).  Then they realized I'm not fast at all but have decent endurance/stamina.  But I have legs shorter than almost anyone else my height (just a 31-32" inseam) and run more heavily on my heels bent more exaggerated.  Anyway, all this weird shit.  Guy brings out 10 pair to every single person in the store and then brings me one lame-ass old dude looking pair and says, "This is the only kinda shoe you should wear for the rest of your life".  I thought, "You mean, this brand"...he's like, "No, like this one pair of shoes, make it last your bipedal weirdo life and go away."  I am still brand loyal to Brooks running shoes, Reef sandals, and Salomon hiking shoes.  They just work for my goofy ass.  Dress shoes don't matter because you just have to walk a few yards and not look like Kramer in tight jeans.  But Brooks has my vote until death! 

To the official brand of  "I can't believe that dude can still run"  naysayers!  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

this picture is so white it listens to smooth jazz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

That crown has been in use for hundreds of years, so is it a snap back? Inbreeding aside, there’s no way Charlie and his mom wear the same size hat!

Little known fact. The back of the crown looks like this. 

image.jpeg.3d975ee06d0e14fcca20a7b8b7dfe834.jpeg

• Haha 1